Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Brian,

thats an awfully depressing paragraph.

yes there are egos, always have been always will be. thats the american way. any extreme sport (specificly freestyle) is about one-upping the other guy.

Childish? I wouldnt go that far... thats childishness is what makes this a sport.
Childish is running from the cops, not wearing your gear, and flipping your bike down the I5 and into traffic.

Ill admit ive met some with egos that are unbelieveable, hell ive been accused before of being that guy... its all relative i think.

we are all different people who for whatever reason all have the same love for making whuulllliiesss..

the fact that you, (and gorka), call yourselves retired and no longer active.. but still post on this site.. well that shows to me that you are still interested, active at some level. and still have a love for this sport. (or your just really bored and talkin stunt-trash is much like a crack addiction and you cant get away)

I have fun when i go ride. I've enjoyed riding with guys that i dont enjoy hanging out with.. haha...

In fact I ride on regular basis with a group of guys (on this site) that I've never hung out with, outside a wheelie road ever. doesnt mean were not friends.. I have an awesome time riding with them. seeing the stunts they do, seeing how they do this or that, pushing each other. I ride 10x harder when they are out there than I do when i goto the spot alone.

ever thought that "back in the day" there were just as many egos u just didnt see it? or maybe because u were a top dog you were the ego and didnt know it?

(im not attacking just trying to get you to look at the other half of the glass)

wether u ride motorcycles for the friendships, the trash talk, the wanting only to on up another, just casue u like the smell of a burnout, u like riding at high speeds in packs, you like pushing yourself to do things u didnt think were possible, or cause u like the look of a crowd as you show off at a show or parking lot too them.. who knows there are a million reason to like this sport.

dont be so negative.. if you unhappy with the egos then ignore them.

-Kane
Kane,
I think you took my paragraph all wrong. But, let me say a few things about your response....

"Ego" does not equal "Drive"
"Posting" does not equal "Participation Within Sport"
"Popularity" does not equal "Friendship"

I guess what I'm saying is, too many riders ride for the wrong reasons... and too many riders have it all wrong. Take it from an "old schooler"

Brian
Old 04-05-2006, 04:12 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brian_C6
Been thinking about this messageboard lately....

We have always appreciated our messageboard and the friendships we build with people online. We consider them fellow riders... friends. Meeting people, learning tricks, and hanging out with people was always the sole purpose for our messageboard. Sometimes it helped to get "the word out" and "update" other riders of our happens, but for the most part, that seemed to turn our messageboards into a "status quo" outlet. Many times we get the "Hey, Core6 is dead, where are you supporters?" Truthfully, I wouldn't call anyone on here a supporter..... ****, the people who come on here are usually the first to talk **** if we aren't bragging or jumping online to routinely talk about ourselves. I went somewhere this past weekend just to hang out with some riders and I ran into some serious ego's.... I don't miss it. I remember those days when it was all about "one upping" the next guy. Childish man... just childish... takes the fun out of the sport.... and completely takes the bond out of the friendships you build. Everyone is against Everyone. I don't know about you, but I got sick of putting myself out there, just to be burned in return, because I can't do the newest trick. Seemed to me like your friendships were only as strong as your skills.

Call me an *******... a has-been... a *****... unnappreciative... whatever. I love my bike, I love to ride, and I love to stunt. No one can take that from me and I got sick of people trying to.

Anyone else feel the same?
i feel ya...has been
Old 04-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Kane,
I think you took my paragraph all wrong. But, let me say a few things about your response....

"Ego" does not equal "Drive"
"Posting" does not equal "Participation Within Sport"
"Popularity" does not equal "Friendship"

Its so hard to convey messages on forum boards.. i must have misread yours.

your right on the bottom three...

I like the 2nd one though.. i think im gonna make it my signature..
im just gonna change it up a little

*Posting = Participation within the sport*
have you participated today?

lol

-kane
Old 04-05-2006, 04:15 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Jordo636
LOL I think schooler was just joking, I don't see him hating on people. I could be wrong though he is just a young buck
I WAS JOKING..LOL....I FORGOT TO PUT THE "haha" AT THE END THOUGH TO MAKE IT A JOKE..
Old 04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Yo Brian, Good ****** post, man. Got the right points straight out there...

Ya know, I'm in this sport cuz I have a hell of a good time riding, and I love the friends I got through this sport... There is a real brotherhood there...Screw doing it to impress anyone...I just like ****** off on my bike, chillin with my boys, and crackin a fortie. Doesn't get any better than that.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

lol

-kane
THATS A GOOD POST KANE....ABOUT MISREADING SOME POEPLES MESSAGES....LIKE WHEN I MMISREAD THE POST OF YOU TLKAING ****.....WHEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING **** AND YOU SAID YOU WERE JUST BEING SARCASTIC...KIND OF LIKE HOW I SAID YOU WERE GAY..IWAS JUS BEING SARCASTIC LOL
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

There's been alot of so called OG riders that have fell off in this game for thier own personal reasons. I give the credit to the few "OG" riders that are still out there doing it. I think the term OG has been overused in this sport, just cause you rode for 3 years from 99 to 02 doesnt make you OG in my book. I will consider myself OG 10 years down the road when the sport is mainstream and I'm judging a stunt event. There's also been alot of riders that just hang around waiting for everyone else to make the sport bigger so they can just jump in at the right time. I say get out there and promote the sport yourself instead of complaining about it. If you fell off fine, but dont go complaing about the sport when your doing nothing to make it bigger. Helping the sport means doing shows as much as you can to get more people interested. Traveling to competitions if you can afford it. Posting on stuntlife!!! I dont want to hear there's too much bs thats why I dont post there, lame excuse! Make flyers, sign cards, pimp your bike out instead of riding a shitbox nobody wants to see, imagine watching the fmx guys ride 84 yz 125's? Make a video, get it out there. Do local shows! paint your bike pink and grow a mullet
Old 04-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

lol

-kane
Kane,
so I hear from my boy Teach you're locking it down. I wish you luck... do the sport right. Keep strong and keep fighting while you have the energy and appropriate outlets. Anyone who is actively trying to build this sport today (until it becomes mainstream) I wish them all the luck and energy in the world. I know how tough it can be... and it gets tough quickly. I hope it's a bit easier now.

Brian
Old 04-05-2006, 04:35 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
There's been alot of so called OG riders that have fell off in this game for thier own personal reasons. I give the credit to the few "OG" riders that are still out there doing it. I think the term OG has been overused in this sport, just cause you rode for 3 years from 99 to 02 doesnt make you OG in my book. I will consider myself OG 10 years down the road when the sport is mainstream and I'm judging a stunt event. There's also been alot of riders that just hang around waiting for everyone else to make the sport bigger so they can just jump in at the right time. I say get out there and promote the sport yourself instead of complaining about it. If you fell off fine, but dont go complaing about the sport when your doing nothing to make it bigger. Helping the sport means doing shows as much as you can to get more people interested. Traveling to competitions if you can afford it. Posting on stuntlife!!! I dont want to hear there's too much bs thats why I dont post there, lame excuse! Make flyers, sign cards, pimp your bike out instead of riding a shitbox nobody wants to see, imagine watching the fmx guys ride 84 yz 125's? Make a video, get it out there. Do local shows! paint your bike pink and grow a mullet
thats waz up!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Holy ****!! Asshat Darius and I finally agree on something...
Thats it im clickin the positive reputation little thingy below you name.. u get a gold star!

I didnt know you were growing a mullet though.. good luck with that!

haha

seriously though I agree with that post 100%

-Kane
Old 04-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

But then you got poor folks like me...hahaha, That's why you don't see me really complaining about the sport. I think the sport is well on the way to gettin there, so I don't see what that fuss is about...If anyone wants to help that they just gotta put in their hard work and BE PATIENT. I don't think it'll turn out right if we rush it too hard. I just got a bike, love to ride... Even though I'm scrapin by to the point of barely eating just tryin to keep my bike together... I'd like to see the peeps who put their hard work in get rewarded for that work. As for me... Right now I just like ridin my bike and kickin it with my boys...Love travelin', love meetin new peeps...and crackin the Ole E.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:45 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jordo636
It could also be the attitude differences between areas of the U.S. I know down here in Texas a lot of us are helpful and have a relatively nice attitude. Up in say New York attitudes are a bit different. Maybe its the culture change between locations that brings out the haters?
Theres bad eggs in every state. Things will never change. Bri and Kane are both right .. theres always been egos and haterz and always will be. Ride for yourself and what YOU want not what others expect.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:55 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Holy ****!! Asshat Darius and I finally agree on something...

I didnt know you were growing a mullet though.. good luck with that!

seriously though I agree with that post 100%

-Kane

Old 04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

MX Riders like Damon Bradshaw, Doug Henry, and Jef Emig I consider OG's. They made waves during their time (however long) and will be remembered, forever, for their contributions. The dominated during their time and set the table.

Now compare these guys to Johnny O'mara who won his first National title in '83 and just did a stunt sequence in the new Charlie's Angel movie. Or Mike Kiedrowski who won his first National in '89 and just signed a contract with SIDI for his 2006 season. Or, how about Jeff Ward? These guys aren't just OG's... they're just something different. The BUILT the house, they didn't just set the table.

I dunno.... just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Competition and constant one-upping.. childish? How did you guys think it was going to work out when you "OGs" were on the huge "legitimize stuntriding and turn it into a *sport*" parade of 2002 and 2003? hah! Sport = competition and constant one-upping. Ego's are an unfortunate side effect.

The whole idea of stunting being a "sport" makes me want to puke. Stunting has almost turned full blown gay. But thats *my* opinion.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel what you are saying Brian. The question I would like get an answer to is "who is willing to sacrafice their career" in order to become a great stuntrider? Not too many riders I would imagine and those that do are probably already well-off on $$$ anyways or are too young to even care.

For myself, I rode because it was a great "hobby" and fun hanging out with fellow riders. Picking up a new toy this weekend just to cruise the streets on :YEAH :

Old 04-05-2006, 05:53 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lb3
Competition and constant one-upping.. childish? How did you guys think it was going to work out when you "OGs" were on the huge "legitimize stuntriding and turn it into a *sport*" parade of 2002 and 2003? hah! Sport = competition and constant one-upping. Ego's are an unfortunate side effect.

The whole idea of stunting being a "sport" makes me want to puke. Stunting has almost turned full blown gay. But thats *my* opinion.
What do you mean by "Stunting has turned almost full blown gay"
Old 04-05-2006, 05:58 PM

Drastic-James is an unknown quantity at this point

About time you got back to riding Jimmy....:YEAH
Old 04-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

I do not find the competive "one-upping" attitude childish if it drives the motivation for becoming better..... but I do find the "I'm better than you are / Everyone should lick my ***** / Egotistical" side effect a bit childish. You can still be competitive and not full of yourself. Anyone know how to be humble anymore? And, anyone who thinks they're a better person because they can ride a longer wheelie, needs to seriously wake the eff up. There is more to this sport than your bag of tricks...

Christmas is more than just toys and anyone can carry Santa's bag, but can anyone be Santa?

ok... I'm officially done now... I'm comparing stunts and Santa. LOL!!!

Last edited by Brian_C6; 04-05-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:06 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Christmas is more than just toys and anyone can carry Santa's bag, but can anyone be Santa?

ok... I'm officially done now... I'm comparing stunts and Santa. LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Here is a word from an "old school" rider.