Stuntwars, U.S.B.W. "Black Sheep Squadron" '06 Summer Tour Dates & Beyond!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person
Stuntwars, U.S.B.W. "Black Sheep Squadron" '06 Summer Tour Dates & Beyond!!!!

First I’d like to thank Todd Colbert, Adam & Chris for putting the event together. Although there is much room for improvement and personally this years Stuntwars event was a real rough time for me personally you guys deserve the recognition and respect for taking on such a monumental task. No one else in this country does it on that scale.

That said I must say that this could be the end of an era for me as far as Stuntwars goes. I made a super big effort this year flying A.C. Farias & Cyril over from Europe and dealing with the massive amount of logistics; the flights, the gear left behind, 12 people staying at my mother in-laws house, the missed flights, Sponsors, the bikes getting down to Florida, hotels, more missed flights and everything else that goes on with such a giant stressful task. I think that it’s important that everyone knows that from the beginning the “Black Sheep’s” team’s tag line was “We are not going there to compete, we are going there to put on a show”. The idea was to start getting things together for this summers tour and have some fun with it entertaining the people. We had one hell of a tight entertaining show that would have been awesome had it been run in daylight in front of some of this sports deserving fans. It’s a real shame that in the end the “Show” was for 100 people in the dark at the end of the track. Beyond embarrassing it was down right dangerous to have a team event going on in the dark!!! We’re lucky no one got friggin smoked out there. Of course the footage looks like total crap, Stuntwars was essentially over when the sun went down that day. If Stuntwars is going to entertain “world class” riders from around the globe then first and foremost they need to make some improvements including getting the event into a “world class” venue. This is an obvious wall that has been hit right now that you guys are up against and good luck. I drove into the event every day with A.C. and Cyril and every day they had to pay $15.00 to get in on top of the multiple rider fees they paid for their events they competed in. I think there might be room for improvement in this realm as well. It’s the equivalent of having a band pay to get into the same club they are playing at that night. A “Hospitality Tent” for the riders and their support people would be a positive step foreword as well. “Take care of your people and they will take care of you”. The European riders were flabbergasted by the events lack of production value and information available to riders. No one ever seems to walk away from Stuntwars knowing what the results from the day’s events were. It always seems to be a confusing mess in the dark at the end year after year. In Europe someone has a laptop and a printer and they print out the results as soon as they are official from the judges and they have someone aggressively hand them out to all the riders that participated in that days events. Everyone knows the deal at the end of the day, no confusion.

As far as me shooting from the stands and not having access to the track, this is 100% true but you know what? The Stands are where it’s at anyway so **** all that nonsense. I like being in the stands with everybody, it was a lot of fun for me. I’m fortunate enough that when I go into the stands everyone knows me from the films and talks to me straight off like they are my friends, which they are. But still it would have been nice to be able to scramble down to the track once in a while but this is really a “Non-issue”. Thru the years I’ve done a lot of big things down at Stuntwars including directing the MTV True Life “I Live To Ride” episode that was seen by millions of people worldwide and the infamous Black Sheep Squadron release party in Jacksonville that was “One for the ages” but at this point as they used to say back in the acting school days..... "What is my motivation"?.. To do anything down there? I know that there is a bunch pissed off people about Stuntwars this year but It’s in the past and my energy will be focused on OUR shows now.

It was real nice to be able to be an intricate part of getting A.C. Farias over here to America from Spain to ride with his many disciples who he has influenced thru the years. A great man of 42 with a heart like he has for this sport is truly amazing. Many people got to know A.C. on his exciting trip here to America. He rode on a great team with some awesome riders and won the team event putting on quite an entertaining show. He did well in the Tandem & Pro Freestyle events as well so he did allright for himself on his trip here to the "land of opportunity". He’s a big fan of American stunt-bike riding and is a true "Superstar" of this lifestyle/sport of ours.

On a more positive and self serving note the Tour dates for this summers U.S.B.W. Black Sheep Squadron ’07 Tour have been announced and include the Isle Of Man & Burns Day!!!!

May 28th Thompson Speedway (Mass.)
June 2-7 - Isle Of Man (U.K.)
June 23-25 - Guantanamo Bay (Cuba)
July 16th - Humboldt County CA. (W/ special guests The Sac Nuts)
Aug 11-13 - Burns Day (France)
Sept. 10th - U.S.B.W. New England Invitational Finals (Conn.)

The dates for the Two opening rounds of the Falcon Extreme Sports Pres. The U.S.B.W. New England Invitational Comp. Are;
May 20th (Conn)
May 27th Thompson Speedway (Mass)

We are going to be out on the road putting on an amazing show this summer with some of the best riders on the planet earth including Kyle Woods, Chris "Teach" McNeil, Dan Jackson, Alex “The Conquistador” (The only American rider to place in the top 4 at Stuntwars) Flores, Bulo, Ray Ray Z., "ILL" Bill Knight, "Vertical" Joe Dryden and many many more. This year’s show is going to be bigger and better than ever I guarantee that. As any rider that has ever ridden in a U.S.B.W. show can tell you riders will be treated with respect and honor. We'll see you out on the "ball field" and please bring the wife and that little “Booger-eater” of yours because we will be putting on that kind of a show. It's for everyone out there!!

Much more to come

Thank you for the support

Re-spect

Drew Stone
www.stonefilmsnyc.com
Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person
Re: Stuntwars, U.S.B.W. "Black Sheep Squadron" '06 Summer Tour Dates & Beyond!!!!

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
First I’d like to thank Todd Colbert, Adam & Chris for putting the event together. Although there is much room for improvement and personally this years Stuntwars event was a real rough time for me personally you guys deserve the recognition and respect for taking on such a monumental task. No one else in this country does it on that scale.

That said I must say that this could be the end of an era for me as far as Stuntwars goes. I made a super big effort this year flying A.C. Farias & Cyril over from Europe and dealing with the massive amount of logistics; the flights, the gear left behind, 12 people staying at my mother in-laws house, the missed flights, Sponsors, the bikes getting down to Florida, hotels, more missed flights and everything else that goes on with such a giant stressful task. I think that it’s important that everyone knows that from the beginning the “Black Sheep’s” team’s tag line was “We are not going there to compete, we are going there to put on a show”. The idea was to start getting things together for this summers tour and have some fun with it entertaining the people. We had one hell of a tight entertaining show that would have been awesome had it been run in daylight in front of some of this sports deserving fans. It’s a real shame that in the end the “Show” was for 100 people in the dark at the end of the track. Beyond embarrassing it was down right dangerous to have a team event going on in the dark!!! We’re lucky no one got friggin smoked out there. Of course the footage looks like total crap, Stuntwars was essentially over when the sun went down that day. If Stuntwars is going to entertain “world class” riders from around the globe then first and foremost they need to make some improvements including getting the event into a “world class” venue. This is an obvious wall that has been hit right now that you guys are up against and good luck. I drove into the event every day with A.C. and Cyril and every day they had to pay $15.00 to get in on top of the multiple rider fees they paid for their events they competed in. I think there might be room for improvement in this realm as well. It’s the equivalent of having a band pay to get into the same club they are playing at that night. A “Hospitality Tent” for the riders and their support people would be a positive step foreword as well. “Take care of your people and they will take care of you”. The European riders were flabbergasted by the events lack of production value and information available to riders. No one ever seems to walk away from Stuntwars knowing what the results from the day’s events were. It always seems to be a confusing mess in the dark at the end year after year. In Europe someone has a laptop and a printer and they print out the results as soon as they are official from the judges and they have someone aggressively hand them out to all the riders that participated in that days events. Everyone knows the deal at the end of the day, no confusion.

As far as me shooting from the stands and not having access to the track, this is 100% true but you know what? The Stands are where it’s at anyway so **** all that nonsense. I like being in the stands with everybody, it was a lot of fun for me. I’m fortunate enough that when I go into the stands everyone knows me from the films and talks to me straight off like they are my friends, which they are. But still it would have been nice to be able to scramble down to the track once in a while but this is really a “Non-issue”. Thru the years I’ve done a lot of big things down at Stuntwars including directing the MTV True Life “I Live To Ride” episode that was seen by millions of people worldwide and the infamous Black Sheep Squadron release party in Jacksonville that was “One for the ages” but at this point as they used to say back in the acting school days..... "What is my motivation"?.. To do anything down there? I know that there is a bunch pissed off people about Stuntwars this year but It’s in the past and my energy will be focused on OUR shows now.

It was real nice to be able to be an intricate part of getting A.C. Farias over here to America from Spain to ride with his many disciples who he has influenced thru the years. A great man of 42 with a heart like he has for this sport is truly amazing. Many people got to know A.C. on his exciting trip here to America. He rode on a great team with some awesome riders and won the team event putting on quite an entertaining show. He did well in the Tandem & Pro Freestyle events as well so he did allright for himself on his trip here to the "land of opportunity". He’s a big fan of American stunt-bike riding and is a true "Superstar" of this lifestyle/sport of ours.

On a more positive and self serving note the Tour dates for this summers U.S.B.W. Black Sheep Squadron ’07 Tour have been announced and include the Isle Of Man & Burns Day!!!!

May 28th Thompson Speedway (Mass.)
June 2-7 - Isle Of Man (U.K.)
June 23-25 - Guantanamo Bay (Cuba)
July 16th - Humboldt County CA. (W/ special guests The Sac Nuts)
Aug 11-13 - Burns Day (France)
Sept. 10th - U.S.B.W. New England Invitational Finals (Conn.)

The dates for the Two opening rounds of the Falcon Extreme Sports Pres. The U.S.B.W. New England Invitational Comp. Are;
May 20th (Conn)
May 27th Thompson Speedway (Mass)

We are going to be out on the road putting on an amazing show this summer with some of the best riders on the planet earth including Kyle Woods, Chris "Teach" McNeil, Dan Jackson, Alex “The Conquistador” (The only American rider to place in the top 4 at Stuntwars) Flores, Bulo, Ray Ray Z., "ILL" Bill Knight, "Vertical" Joe Dryden and many many more. This year’s show is going to be bigger and better than ever I guarantee that. As any rider that has ever ridden in a U.S.B.W. show can tell you riders will be treated with respect and honor. We'll see you out on the "ball field" and please bring the wife and that little “Booger-eater” of yours because we will be putting on that kind of a show. It's for everyone out there!!

Much more to come

Thank you for the support

Re-spect

Drew Stone
www.stonefilmsnyc.com
Drew you are the man .
Old 02-20-2006, 10:14 PM

f4stunna is a decent person
Re: Stuntwars, U.S.B.W. "Black Sheep Squadron" '06 Summer Tour Dates & Beyond!!!!

i cant wait...... less than 2 months
Old 02-20-2006, 10:14 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

I agree completely with all the talk around stunt wars. I flew in as a spectator, and was honestly a bit disappointed to how everything was set up and panned out.

Given, I had a great time, but will be lookin forward to other events listed through out the year.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 PM

stuntn247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Drew, I have never met ya, hope to one day, but like Emrock said, "You are the Man". I definately will keep supporting somebody that supports the sport like you do lookin forward to more dvd's and shows. Big Up's Bro. Josh
Old 02-20-2006, 11:01 PM
vvXDL Finals Las Vegas vv

Ford will become famous soon enoughFord will become famous soon enough

very nicely said drew. you speak the truth. i gain more respect for you every time i read one of your posts. thanks for all you have done for the sport.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:56 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

good post
Old 02-21-2006, 12:09 AM

alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
good post

could ya expect anything less from the man himself !
Old 02-21-2006, 12:26 AM

TrafficCriminal can only hope to improve

WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND RECPECT Drew is a true professional......Great post

THE PART ABOUT "AN END OF AN ERA" MAKES ME SAD...........HOWEVER I UNDERSTAND COMPLETLY
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 AM

BLONDE BOMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Drew Stone is the MAN for sure
Old 02-21-2006, 05:31 AM
www.chicksdigscars.com.au

mike_rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice... is there any chance that USBW will make it to the shores of Australia?

I know there are some people who would fly to whichever state it is going to be held in here to part-take in something like this!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:46 AM

YOGURT is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Post!
Way to step up the sport!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

I'm proud to have been a part of the black sheep squadron. The best, most memorable shows I've ever done I was a part of this "legacy" if you will. Drew, I have to give respect because of your dedication and drive for the sport, regardless of the abuse you continue to take. I'm excited to see your progression. As far as being done with Stuntwars, sometimes you have to let go of something in order to move forward. Professionalism is something that is the foundation of anything and everything successful. You've ALWAYS conducted yourself (even if others around you didn't) with a high level of professionalism and tact. You're positive and a pioneer. It is upsetting to hear you were unable to get trackside to film. I'm confident in saying if it weren't for you, this sport would not be where it is today. Your films gave many riders an opportunity to shine, to push the sport and give others the drive for recognition. You drove your films beyond our borders and into many countries for our American style to influence and drive the sport, once again. You personally bridged the gap between the US and Europe.
I got a call the other day from someone watching me on MTV. It cracks me up, they still play it.
I hope everyone realizes the impact you've had on this sport....because I have.

Drew Stone Worldwide.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:54 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Drew I'd like to personally say thank you for organizing and planning to get the Euros over here, that alone made SW for me, as well as your insight into the riders in the bleachers.......Looking forward to attending the MA and CT shows this year!!

Last edited by skillz954; 02-21-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:56 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

VERY intelligent post here....gorka with good points as well....finally somebody with respect and ***** to say what really went on at stuntwars....that earns respect.

stuntwars should be:
~~in a centralized location in the US
~~held on an AWESOME surface
~~Organized
~~conducted in a city that will be able to withstand the amount of stunters that don't compete and that are willing to trash everything at night.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:04 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
~~conducted in a city that will be able to withstand the amount of stunters that don't compete and that are willing to trash everything at night.
have you ever been to the baltimore bike bash?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:06 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

im just happy i got to be a part of this whole thing meeting all the frenchies and meeting a.c those guys are so positive about everything it was a breathe of fresh air to hang out with people like that after living in mass and dealing with american stunters and egos flying everywhere for so long(and i dont even compete) they have that old school attitude of i just wanna ride and have fun. but anyways i kow im out for stuntwars next yea too fuc.k colbert and his two man gun pulling possie of pussies you guys r **** in my mind. and i wont be back but i have funny footage of colbert looking like an idiot so it made my trip all worth while.
peace im out, drew sorry for my negativity in your post but i had to no one else will.
mike
Old 02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4stunna
have you ever been to the baltimore bike bash?

nope.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:48 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
stuntwars should be:
~~in a centralized location in the US
~~held on an AWESOME surface
~~Organized
Dallas, Tx.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

once again the ante is upped by a number of 'firsts'!!

can you say ISLE OF MAN TT in possibly its' 2nd to last year ever!!!! forget the stunt bike, i'm sendingf over a race bike!!!!!!!!

gonna be another killer summer...thanks to all who support our efforts-it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated!

when in doubt, throttle out!

Quick Reply: Stuntwars, U.S.B.W. "Black Sheep Squadron" '06 Summer Tour Dates & Beyond!!!!