How Come They Dont Make Pre-dented Tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:44 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough
How Come They Dont Make Pre-dented Tanks?

I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE SUCK AT BASHING TANKS, OR ARE AFRAID TO DO IT, SO WHY DOESN'T ANYONE SELL PRE-DENTED TANKS? THIS INDUSTRY IS BIG ENOUGH, SO WTF...

~FSPalex

ps youre gay.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: How Come They Dont Make Pre-dented Tanks?

Because they could only sell them for $25.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:06 AM

PETe P is a decent person

you really think so? i know you wouldn't get no 400 dollars like they want for the pretty one. but 25 eh?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:12 AM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

not a bad idea as an ebay gig for someone in a body shop.. buy crashed tanks... fix em up somewhat and make sure it has a nice dent. Or make custom orders.... that would be coo
Old 01-15-2006, 11:36 AM

rui929cracka is an unknown quantity at this point

if people would pay atleast 150 for a predented tank i would make them and sell them, mine looked likeit came that way from the manufacturer till i slammed my knee into it 100 times
Old 01-15-2006, 12:34 PM

929_uR is a decent person

i was workin on this fibreglass shell to put onto tanks so they fit your ***, but it only makes them higher than they already are...soOoo i'm back to the drawing board.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:40 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

It's way to cheap to buy a damaged tank on ebay and do it yourself. If you suck at life, I'm sure you know someone that will dent it in for you.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:55 PM

yah..take a tank...and a hammer (preferably cloth or rubba). raise hammer, bang top. repeat. repeat. repeat.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

The second 1 person tries to sell a $150 dented tank.. 8 Million of you ****** on here will bash them and the pussies that buy it for not having the brains to get a fukin hammer and do your god damn self.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

in japan they have pre dented tanks......edub posted soem pics a while back of it....pretty sick loking....
Old 01-15-2006, 02:23 PM

it was sick enough to where id pay 150 for it...it lokoed so sick ...fabricated so well....gangster ****
Old 01-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

They;re always a market. Just a matter of Profit potential and MOney for Marketing,.. Come on People make a living off of selling the most obsure crap in the world. I am a man of many hobbies. Crap just gets marked up for the smaller market. You can get a decent crashed tank from 25-50$ shipped off of ebay. If you think of it this way, after fees and what not 100$ pre-dented tanks only leave 20% at most after fees. Although that is pretty much standard retail profit. You need volume to make it worthwhile. Honestly, If someone like Icon or a large company backs them to make a higher volume of sale (bigger potential market) it might work. So people with connects get your heads together it;s not a bad idea.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dela
They;re always a market. Just a matter of Profit potential and MOney for Marketing,.. Come on People make a living off of selling the most obsure crap in the world. I am a man of many hobbies. Crap just gets marked up for the smaller market. You can get a decent crashed tank from 25-50$ shipped off of ebay. If you think of it this way, after fees and what not 100$ pre-dented tanks only leave 20% at most after fees. Although that is pretty much standard retail profit. You need volume to make it worthwhile. Honestly, If someone like Icon or a large company backs them to make a higher volume of sale (bigger potential market) it might work. So people with connects get your heads together it;s not a bad idea.
yea thats what im sayin...someone like Icon (who has $$$ flowing out there *******) or 905, FI, whatever. Im not talkin about Kelm buying crashed tanks off Ebay, i mean a real professional job. i've seen/heard alot about people ****in up their tanks, and with all the other crap people are selling these days (IE swingarm spools) why not invest on some good tank mashers?

~FSPalex
Old 01-15-2006, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by FSPalex
yea thats what im sayin...someone like Icon (who has $$$ flowing out there *******) or 905, FI, whatever. Im not talkin about Kelm buying crashed tanks off Ebay, i mean a real professional job. i've seen/heard alot about people ****in up their tanks, and with all the other crap people are selling these days (IE swingarm spools) why not invest on some good tank mashers?

~FSPalex
YEHA THERES A COMPANY OUT OF JAPAN......THEY AMKE THEM..LOL
Old 01-15-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by middleschooler
YEHA THERES A COMPANY OUT OF JAPAN......THEY AMKE THEM..LOL
lol ok i get that but its obviously not well known to stunters..

~FSPalex
Old 01-15-2006, 04:11 PM

.....yeha It Is...jus Not American Stunters.....therees A Whole Other Ball Game Out There
Old 01-15-2006, 06:33 PM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

wat kinda of fool dosent know how to smash something??? i mean common either get on top n jump on it or make it nicey nice with a rubber hammer really guys its not too hard... buy a pre dented tank haha
Old 01-15-2006, 07:27 PM

peole siad the same thing about scrape bars.."oh cmon guys.....buy your own scraope bar..you cna just make one" theres a way to make **** custom and thats whats its good for
Old 01-15-2006, 08:59 PM

a scrape bar is a little different. the manufacturing quality of that has to be real good. strong, even welds and the bar has to be built evenly as well otherwise your going over sideways. that requires a lil bit of fabrication know how.

a dented tank, you sit in it (ideally). smash the fukking thing. Just not too much or you'll wind up with gas-azz like vertical joe. Hasnt anyone seen the SoCal Stunts videos. Simply get on your seat, step onto the tank, steady yourself, and jump. move your feet around so you get a good flat surface. then ride. its not rocket science here people.

and 20-50 for a tank??? mine was 120, but only b/c the place was closing and the tank had a scuff on the side. them shyts are expensive.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
not a bad idea as an ebay gig for someone in a body shop.. buy crashed tanks... fix em up somewhat and make sure it has a nice dent. Or make custom orders.... that would be coo
Custom Order! What you send your tank and *** measurements

Quick Reply: How Come They Dont Make Pre-dented Tanks?