I wonder whos got the most number of DVD's sold

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I wonder whos got the most number of DVD's sold

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
100K is a funny number to use in a sentence when talking about selling stunt videos. If you're selling more than 20K copies there is a good chance you're getting 2.35/3.45 per unit sold, so when people online get wide eyes about the idea of selling over 10K at 20 each, well, that just doesn't happen. I have a feeling Todd has sold more than the rest of us, I don't want to speculate about anyone's sales. Just know that big sales means small royalties, in the end if I just shot video of girls fighting in my back yard on a digital 8 camera, edited it in a fisher price easy bake movie system I would sell triple what stunt videos do. There are WAY to many crappy vids that get purchased and the buyer feels they wasted 10/15/20 bucks, and we all lose out on the repeat business. And all the people talking **** on LVX vids, I can still watch LVX2, that's a great stunt video, so is Pauls first. In the end who knows, all I'll say is even with national dissolution of Reasonable Doubt we fell short of all the numbers you gave, now if I wanted to do the wallmart option and completly **** my content I could get another 10K units sold at a royalty of .30each but the last thing we want to see is our **** regulated to the discount bin driving the fair market value down the ******* at rollback **** price of 5 bucks a DVD.
validation

imo,i'll throw in siu-2 or 3 ,or maybe rd1.5 and want to go out and have a slow fest and get into ''work stunt mode'' now i throw in lvx 2 or whatever and i wanna go out and tear it up in a different way a strickly fun way ,it probly sounds wierd but alot of the tricks i love to do the most are on those vids, bottom line ya gotta have both ,lol i'm so off topic
Old 12-11-2005, 12:16 PM

Warblade is an unknown quantity at this point

Streetfighterz videos....i think they have made over 4mill in sales or that number was jacked up when the news did a report on them
Old 12-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

lauries is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually it says PSF. are you kidding me? DUR
HELLO PATRICK STEPHENS FREESTLE, HUCKLEBUCK,, ring a bell?
What is FSP???????
Old 12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

I think I sold 5 copies of "step on up"....lol j/k
HELP!!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Group Moderator

GSE Brent is an unknown quantity at this point

i say either the judgement day videos or any of the starboy videos and the urban streetbike warriors collection
Old 12-12-2005, 01:59 AM

sWiFtY 50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd guess one of the starboyz vids.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 AM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I understand the Streetfighterz have been very successful. One of the few stunt teams out there that seem to handle their business in a very professional, business-like manner, and it pays off. They've got national distribution on a box set that is doing very well, and their crashes DVD was also #1 for that same distributor. They had a kiosk (sp?) in their local mall that did great sales for them for a couple of years as well. Who else has been able to do that?

I think it has a lot to do with the distribution/marketing end of things, and since there are probably very few riders who are also experts in those areas, they need to turn somewhere for help. That unfortunately means losing a huge chunk of the proceeds (as Darius mentioned), but it gets the product out there and hopefully leads people to the website and repeat sales.

I don't know numbers, but I'd guess the Starboyz, Streetfighterz and Drew Stone are all up there. But I'd also say it's more about getting the mainstream exposure and shelf presence than the content of the riding (unfortunately).

- Jason
Old 12-12-2005, 02:19 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Darius
I sold 38,000 copies of Servin It Up 1 in wallmart in 6 months. Although it doesnt pay all that great it gets the **** out there and hopefully some of those people will buy the other vids off my site.
38 THOUSAND copies of Servin it 1??
whoa
thats OG vid.. my boy just got a copy the other day from some video store he paid 25 bucks for it lol the servin it 1 copy with the other cover with GG bridge in background.
hes just getting into motorcycles and said that dvd is the hardest **** hes ever seen.

i told him to go get the other ones
Old 12-12-2005, 10:33 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lauries
Actually it says PSF. are you kidding me? DUR
HELLO PATRICK STEPHENS FREESTLE, HUCKLEBUCK,, ring a bell?
What is FSP???????
haha "What is FSP"

thats a good one...
Old 12-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Warblade
Streetfighterz videos....i think they have made over 4mill in sales or that number was jacked up when the news did a report on them
come on lets be realistic here...
Old 12-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

maybe 4 million in total sales of ALL stunt riding DVD's, but even that sounds waaaay high.

i read a book about about stunt riding once, it was made in like 03 i beleive, i'll see if i can get the title. But anywho, it said something like FTP1 sold like 160,000 copies if you count the bootlegged ones???