Lakeland holds me back!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 02:03 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
Re: Lakeland holds me back!!

Originally Posted by unknownrider
so as i was surfing the net earlier and i stopped and checked out the forums on www.FMXlife.com and i noticed that deegan and pastrana were arguing about the x games surface, deegan was claimin that he was the almighty and that the dirt brought in wasn't up to his high standards and travis was complainin that the angle of the ramp caused his gyro equiped bike to fall apart on take off, kenny bartram was luvin it but hes a hick and rides crappy surfaces all the time anyways but he was pissed at twitch cause twitch won with a lame 90 foot 1 hander lander back flip while he clearly killed the side saddle back flip, and nate addams says that he is not going anymore because it is way to far for him to drive to lose.............wait read that again and subsitute names..........do they have a sweet moto X sight that everyone can whine on too or are we just the only lonely lame sport on this planet......
holy hell i think this man needs an award for the best post ever..

amen!

-KAne
Old 12-06-2005, 08:51 PM

COUNTRYFREESTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another vote for lakeland sucks!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 AM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Todd Colbert
where did you get that we have been looking for one of those but clearer.
T
http://www.terraserver.com/ They have good pics if you pay....can't hurt to check it out.

Speaking of can't hurt....has anyone ever used a warehouse to stunt in? I was thinking about buying an old HQ (like Home Depot or Lowes) and using it as a 24/7 365day spot....unfortunatly I didn't have the 2 mil and now they are turning it into a BJs.
Anyway, It would have a full concrete surface, but the columns might be a problem...or it might create new tricks....a salom thru the columns! This would also be able to be climate controlled, so you don't have to worry about a cold track. It would be an indoor arena for street freestyle!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:18 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
http://www.terraserver.com/ They have good pics if you pay....can't hurt to check it out.

Speaking of can't hurt....has anyone ever used a warehouse to stunt in? I was thinking about buying an old HQ (like Home Depot or Lowes) and using it as a 24/7 365day spot....unfortunatly I didn't have the 2 mil and now they are turning it into a BJs.
Anyway, It would have a full concrete surface, but the columns might be a problem...or it might create new tricks....a salom thru the columns! This would also be able to be climate controlled, so you don't have to worry about a cold track. It would be an indoor arena for street freestyle!
The floors would be dumpster for any front tire traction, you'll need to add a repave, or at least partial repave, speaking of which, we're supposed to be riding at some huge indoor skate park in an old warehouse soon!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:47 PM

c.m.c steve is an unknown quantity at this point

"professionals" should be able to ride on any surface.....

but lackland does suck
Old 12-23-2005, 11:37 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

never been to lakeland yet but just reading everyones comments i see there is a minor problem. go to rockingham dragstrip laser level surface nice and smooth track plus there is a big area there also to ride if not on the track. i met adam and chris there this year at the nc bike round up they know the track is big and smooth and the if worst comes to worst they have the old nascar track across the street. i do know the owner and i have confronted him about stuntwars when i found out that todd was going to try to put it on the road this year and he was willing to support this. i know this doesnt benifit the left coasters, sorry fellas, but it is in a central location for the east coast.

just my
john j
Old 12-23-2005, 02:57 PM

That would be sweet, the Rock is a lot closer for me!!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I dunno but i'm going to try to hit that event in Vegas or Cali if there is one..It's just too much for me to even want to Come to SW especially since i can't ride
Old 12-23-2005, 11:54 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
I dunno but i'm going to try to hit that event in Vegas or Cali if there is one..It's just too much for me to even want to Come to SW especially since i can't ride
ditto, florida is great, but not 27 driving hours great
Old 12-24-2005, 03:45 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx636skiv

Ive thought about that, but what about the exhaust fumes? Every one would end up passing out or at least getting real bad headaches
Old 12-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

Colbert told us during his interview last night that this year Roy will be having all the VHT removed from the track prior to Stuntwars. Apparently the whole nine, heating the shiit up and taking a scraper to the entire track for the event.

On a side note I can't wait to see everybody down there, this winter b.s. sucks my *****

-E
Old 12-24-2005, 04:51 AM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point

had a chance to buy a indoor motorcross arena. sold for only 142,000 canadian. thats less then my house. all i had to do was get rid of the dirt and repave. plus it already had the ventalation system installed Plus it was heated.

still got briuses from kicking myself
Old 12-24-2005, 05:23 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

ya winter sucks!! it's been raining for weeks now. Cant wait to get there and ride in some warm weather
Old 12-24-2005, 06:37 AM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

**** i'd kill for rain D... try snow n black ice all over lol.. just rain in the winter would be a blessing
Old 12-24-2005, 10:39 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Rain? SNOW?!? Hmm.....thats funny, its been about 70 here all week in SoCal..........
Old 12-24-2005, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Ive thought about that, but what about the exhaust fumes? Every one would end up passing out or at least getting real bad headaches
It would have to have the same type of ventilation system in use at all indoor arena. Whenever they hold FMX and Monster Trucks indoors, it doesn't bother anyone....wish I had money.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Glad i'm in Hawaii it's nice year round heheh
Old 12-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by DLish
ditto, florida is great, but not 27 driving hours great
Yeah but it's not worth $1500 at least to fly there and **** just to meet everyone and maybe ride...I'd rather pay $300 to fly to vegas and meet everyone there
Old 12-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Felces is an unknown quantity at this point

If I go to stuntwars and I don't see all Ds highchair circle combos and that kinda **** ima be pissed
Old 12-24-2005, 09:58 PM

isocyanates is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
We all agree the surface isnt perfect. No show I've ever done has been perfect.. No comp no nadda.. i agree it is what it is.. deal with it. I rode lakeland last year.. it sucked.. I couldnt do a burnout to save my life.. and I'm good at burnouts.. oh well.. we can all either cry about it.. or just.. deal.

I mean Why are the westcoasters going? cause for some dumb reason this one comp happens to be the biggest most credible comp that u can actually find "big name" riders competing instead of judging..

Ive been to bike nights in socal that are put together, ran smoother, and overall just better than stuntwars.. but oh well..

it is what it is.. the track sucks, the venue has poor seating, poor restroom facilities.. HORRBILE, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE AFTER TRACK PARTY ACCOMIDATIONS for as large of number of people that are there your money would be better spent aquiring a safe, legal spot for the umpteen showoff maniacs to let off steam or there will be more arrests, more havoc, more destruction to the town of lakeland than is nessicary. we keep shitting where we sleep and we will not have a place to sleep!!!

its not Xgames.. its not Gravity games, its not IFMA Dew Action Sports Tour.. its po-dunk **** hole florida putting on some oversized event in a run down raggad track.. WE ALL deal with.. we ALL ***** about it.. tuff.. we all still go.. we all still pay.. we all still support it.. and we all still have fun...

oh and BTW anyone remember the REAL BIG competition last year? (ahem DEW ACTION SPORTS 46,000 PEOPLE!!!) ya.. POLISHED CONCRETE WITH DIRT ON IT..

if thats the future.. FINE.. ill go practice in airport hangers, invest in tire warmers and get reaally goddamn aquainted with coke-spray bottles..

but if it takes crap like that to keep doing it.. we all will have to adapt.

-Kane
hey kane! did ya ever make your new video?
i was the guy that airbrushed your shirts from new orleans.
well since that f/u/c/k/i/n hurricane katrina i'm in dallas now
and was wondering if you could send me your new video?
thanks man!! oh and if you are rollin thru the dallas area
and need a plce to stay, just pm me!

Quick Reply: Lakeland holds me back!!