the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 09:01 AM

DENO VELVET is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

ok, im not a very good stunter, only been riding for 3 months... the main reason mainstream sucks... THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS... mainstream blew up underground street racing, and now all there is on the streets are riced out hondas with NAWS that think they are hot **** and can go under semis...
its a big problem to make stunting mainstream... the whole point of it is semi underground... you pass a streetbike, and wonder "could he pull a wheelie in third on the highway"... if it goes mainstream, there will be a **** ton of bikes sold for one year, and there will be about 10,000 less riders the year after.... it makes any underground thing that goes mainstream suddenly watered down, overpopulated, and unfriendly...
Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Ultimate SR
I can understand you would like more info, but you have to understand I cant get to deep on the topic and start putting names out there, because the time is not right. As far as the work you put in I would never try to take that away from you. I am a stunt rider my self and live for the sport….like I said we have been putting this together for over 2 year. The road has been long and hard and I am hoping it will get a little easier soon but when I start something I finish it. And I know all you people are the same because In order to ride a motorcycle like you doThis sport …… it takes a lot of hard work & dedication. This sport has been behind the scene for to long and we are going to change that……
If you want people to help you out and give you support you cant go hiding details of your plan. Nobody will hop on a bandwagon if there isnt one to hop on (that they know of at least). You need to tell people organizational structure of your group or whatever it is. So whats the "plan"?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
you cant tell us your name? thanks, Paw Paw
Damn AOL proxy servers .. his IP gave me 300 usernames!!

I can see this thread going ***** up
Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

This guys a phucking clown, end of story. He's tring to make a couple of quick bucks on a stunt DVD, but doesn't have the talent to make his own.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:21 AM

Carla has a spectacular aura aboutCarla has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gixxer_R.i.F.
Have you ever seen a stunt video advertised on TV? I have not.

Actually in TN, there have been commercials for this one vid, WILD BIKES and if ya order it you get JD2 free! It was kewl as fu(k the first time i saw it, just to see a commercial for stuntbikes-ya know?. I dunno if there have been any in other places.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 AM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

Originally Posted by Carla
Actually in TN, there have been commercials for this one vid, WILD BIKES and if ya order it you get JD2 free! It was kewl as fu(k the first time i saw it, just to see a commercial for stuntbikes-ya know?. I dunno if there have been any in other places.
Thats good... Thats the first I have heard that
Old 08-26-2005, 09:41 AM

_juice_ is an unknown quantity at this point

since there is so many people looking at this thread...i figured id ask my question too and maybe we can shed some light on it....

you see....i have this really bad rash on my ball sack and it itches profusely....ive tried "bluestar ointment" ( cause that **** cures everything except aids and herpes ) well anyways....it didnt help any and now my dog wont even lick the peanutbutter from my sack... also it seems to be swelling and is getting some pink spots all over it....any ideas?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

dip your **** in bleach man
Old 08-26-2005, 09:50 AM

006LODBKNY is an unknown quantity at this point

my name is Jay! and it is bed time for me.I will post Replies in the morning. have a good night.
It's too late for me to reading this b.s. "jay", what are we gonna get today? the rest of your first name? maybe some more info? u sound like a clown. you are by no means, any type of "proffesional". u mentioned "main stream" so much in your opening post, it made me sick. seriously dude, I dont mean to **** on you, but I've seen lot's of business conducted on these here threads. Some high profile. Some low profile. but none so fukin stupid.

remember, if you give, you shall receive. thus far, you have given us nothing but ****. so that's exactly what you can expect. ****!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Don't read this.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

Hope that the bathroom is not yours... where a guy to strech out the legs... knees would hit the wall
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't read this.

nope, not mine, i just googled "****"
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

@ Tiller Lucky us Mods love to investigate. I have a few things I feel should be said/done, and if the vote passes, hell I'll do it. This guy is a New Member, if he's been in the stunt scene at all, for reasons professionally or just a fan, he would've known, joined, or been a member of this or other sites a long time ago.(So enlighten us with your other user names if you have them) You're lack of credentials, which you so quickly avoid answering, is another thing that is obviously disturbing. Money hungry sons of bit<b></b>ches like you trying to make money off of others blood, sweat, and tears is If you fail to step up to the plate, get out of here before I find a reason to ban your as<b></b>s!!!!

So what does everyone think?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Erik
@ Tiller Lucky us Mods love to investigate. I have a few things I feel should be said/done, and if the vote passes, hell I'll do it. This guy is a New Member, if he's been in the stunt scene at all, for reasons professionally or just a fan, he would've known, joined, or been a member of this or other sites a long time ago.(So enlighten us with your other user names if you have them) You're lack of credentials, which you so quickly avoid answering, is another thing that is obviously disturbing. Money hungry sons of bit<b></b>ches like you trying to make money off of others blood, sweat, and tears is If you fail to step up to the plate, get out of here before I find a reason to ban your as<b></b>s!!!!

Phuckin moderators, always trying to find an excuse to ban people.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in this for the love of the game, as far as making money the money comes for free as soon as we put this sport where it belongs. on top
Nothings free...bottom line there are always hidden costs whether by money or blood.
Look here is what everyone is saying...what your doing was attempted 3 years ago by 12 people. Those 12 people each promised 3 riders some good **** was going to happen. Those 3 riders each told 5 friends that they had some **** in the works. Those 5 people told 10 people that their boy was the **** and was going to be a movie star.....
So here we are 3 years later with at least 1800 disappointed people and 36 of them are riders with an attitude. It’s almost as bad as spreading an STD.

As Darius stated, if your in the game you know who the best are. (Ok so there are some hidden talents, one day they might step into the light but for now they are still hidden) therefore why would you re-invent the wheel when you could just take the working wheel you have, polish it up and make it bling bling and show it off to the "mainstream" crowd. Did that analogy make sense?

If you are trying to get this "mainstream" I just think you should use a different direction than everyone else has used. Don’t post up a broad topic on stuntlife so you can get bashed; instead contact certain individuals separately with a proposal that does not require making a DVD.
DVD's are for revenue and isolated stardom.

just a thought on a Hurricane Friday
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

"Jay",

Well I think some of the O.G.'s on here have done a good job of pointing out all the holes in your plan and approach, but let me add one thing.

If you're serious about this, stop this thread now and go pitch your idea(s) to some of the top riders. If you're a stunter, then you know who they are. Get someone big like Woods, Darius, Starboyz, Streetfighterz, Patrick Stephens, O.M. etc... to get on here and pitch your ideas for you. If they believed in your concepts and tried to sell it here, it would have more credibility than you'll ever muster on your own.

And if "the time isn't right", then why the hell are you choosing this time to post up?

I support some of your concepts, but you really need to re-think you're approach (assuming that you are serious about it all).

- Jason
Old 08-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Not for nothin, I just read the "information" on theultimatestuntrider.com and here are some examples that I would like to point out;

1. "I’m sure many of you have sold out some of your footage to other stunt teams in the past to be put on to their videos so they can make more money off your footage. We think that is bulls**t. There are hundreds of stunt riders with footage and just don’t know how or what to do with it. The Ultimate Stunt Rider has made it simple, just send it in (you can’t win if your not in). So stop selling out for small amounts of money when you could really be getting paid."

Selling out is selling out man. The people who "aren't" making money off this sport/hobby are the real hardcore guys that don't even want to get into the mainstream, as others have expressed. I am not taking anything away from the riders that are making money in this; I bless them every day to be safe. BUT, the underground/unknown riders, the ones that are constantly hitting the streets FOR FUN are the ones that keep it "street" which is where this started. Some are forgetting about where this came from and are getting it all twisted.

2. "If you are a crew with a copyrighted video already on the market, we are sorry to inform you we will need the raw footage if you wish to participate in this opportunity. There are no favorites played here, if you are the best you will still be chosen. This is to give everyone the same opportunity."

Copyrighted footage has nothing to do with giving everyone "opportunities". This just allows for theultimatestuntrider to "own" that footage legally.

3. "If you are unsure if you want to send in your footage, just remember, if you don’t you will regret it, especially when the stunt crew whose footage we used to make a DVD from your state isn’t as good as yours is, and now they are getting paid when you should be. Not only will you be making money from the sales of your video, you will also have the right to call yourself the best stunt riders in your state. If you win the whole thing overall, you will be the best in the country."

You are trying to start a war here man. We need to work together and this statement is doing nothing but fueling the "hater" fire that is already burning out of control. The stronger a sanctioned "body" the stronger a national/global team will be. Think about unions here…. Mess with them and you walk with a limp.

4. "The Ultimate Stunt Rider editors are ready to go to work on your raw footage and start putting money in your pocket, for absolutely no cost to you."

How about doing it for free then? See # 5.

5. "Once your crew has been chosen to represent your state, The Ultimate Stunt Rider will start work on your DVD. As soon as your DVD is completed it will be placed up for public sale and you will be sent a check once every month for 40 % of all sales of your DVD."

Amazing, maybe there is no "cost" for riders to get footage out there, but when you look deeper they are giving away 60% of their profits before they even sell anything. That sounds like a good deal because 40% is better than nothing but dam, I would give money for someone to produce a decent vid instead of something like this.

6. "The stunt riding world is growing and so are the scammers, the lowlife people who try to take credit for someone else’s hard work. That is why we all have to stick together and watch each others back. The ultimate stunt rider is for everyone to have a chance to get a piece of the action."

It doesn't sound like you are watching anyone's back. It sounds like you are pointing the "scammer" finger right back to you.

7. Radio buttons on site

o If your crew is not chosen to represent your state But you would still like some of your footage to be on The DVD that is chosen and have your crew Name and some video footage appear on your states DVD (if we decide to use it), this box is pre checked for you.

o If you do not want your footage to be used on the DVD if your crew is not selected to represent your state, please check this box

This also gives therealultimatestunter the right to use your footage by default and not pay out to riders….. If 15 teams from Florida send their footage in and everyone leaves the default button on the site, they just got 14 teams' footage for free….

In short, without knowing you or your teams' effort at theultimatestuntrider.com, I would't send you my gaabage woolies on tape.... Good luck on your venture.

Camo Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 10:57 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
Phuckin moderators, always trying to find an excuse to ban people.
yer on thin ice as well

that avatar better have the visor fixed by noon

or yer outta hizerrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee
Old 08-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Erik

This guy is from MN and I have met him only once. He was drunk at the time and showed a few of us a DVD of him and his buddies riding. I guess what I am saying is that he does ride, but I really dont know **** about his intentions. I am just as curious as to what the hell he is thinking by randomly posting up this crap. Do what you want, it doesnt matter in the least.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 PM

hot magma is a decent person

From the site...
It's reality T.V on DVD. You ask why is it on DVD and not television? The truth is that T.V. can’t come close to handling what The Ultimate Stunt Rider is all about: true reality at its most extreme.

How can you talk about bringing the sport into the mainstream and exclude television? Many of the pay cable networks have no problem showing blood, guts, **** and illegal activities.

Quick Reply: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight