We are fucked!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 08:19 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
We are fucked!!!!!!!

I just got a call from a manager at the local Cycle Gear store in my area, for those of you that dont have one or ever heard of the store they are a 20+ chain motorcycle store that sell's dirt and street gear&parts and lots of video's, they have purchased at least 1000 videos of mine and many other's. They got a call from the corprate office to pull off the shelves all street stunt motorcycle vid's, I guess the store in Arizona was playing a street vid and somebody saw it and complained and wrote a big letter in a local newspaper that they are endorsing illegal activity on the street. The company which is very big decided that they could be at risk of getting sued so they have stopped selling all street vids. This is really fucked up, I, like lots of other riders make a living making these videos and it's how we afford to do what we do, who knows how many other stores will follow. What can we do to stop this?? Darius
Old 02-14-2003, 08:35 PM

Swayz is an unknown quantity at this point
I am talking about setting a date and time upcoming soon and we all need to meet , I may have all the answers for you all we need to have every member of stutlife who is on this level to be there even the people who run the tournaments everyone so lets set this up , I will be looking into dates soon Darius your problem will addressed and solved and many others if you have dates that will work so far lets post em and get this started , once we have the date then we need to contact the people who run the tourny they will have intrest in this aswell dont think they are hard to find I am sure they are on Stuntlife , I will check my calander and get this moving here on LI some help should be back soon waitng on his response . Again lets start posting dates on when we can all meet
Swayz
Old 02-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Wow this is serious. Let me explain....
This is Americas largest motorcycle apparel and accessories retailer...This company has 27 stores nationwide in operation now and 4 more being built as we speak with more to come every year. They are expanding all over the country! CA, TX, NV, CT, WA, OR, NM, They have purchased hundreds of Darius' video alone not to meantion THOUSANDS of copies of everyone else's videos!!!!

This is a major issue, if the BIGGEST of motorcycle shops wont carry our videos... who will?

Check this out, this place has HUGE HUGE bike shops... here is an example of what the 27 stores are like.

http://www.cyclegear.com/store%20locations.html
Old 02-14-2003, 09:25 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats bullshit that was my local store that this happened at... i thin k is most likey would have been the older..."Crusier" customers that dont like us cuz when we go thereand park on the side walk and they see us on the road doing stunts so they don't want other people to get bthe idea...evrytime were there in a group they tell us to slow down your gonna kill some one and so on and so on god this pisses me off.... I'm down for the meeting lemme know when...
Old 02-14-2003, 09:30 PM

Swayz is an unknown quantity at this point
dont foget my post I am not foolin people Darius I can help we all need to meet
Old 02-14-2003, 09:48 PM
SERVIN IT UP

It's such bullshit, I talked to the manager and I got the phone ##'s to the head office, If they are gonna pull the street vids because they show dangerous stunts on the street then they have to pull Crusty's 3 & 8 because I know for a fact that they show street stuff to, not to mention DIP 1-3 and so many other dirt vids that show's them riding on the street also. If they pull all vid's that show any sort of illegal activity they will have very very few vids left. And all this because some ******* ******* if he was here I would punch his ******* teeth out, people have nothing better to do than complain.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:51 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a bunch of crap. Some dumb *** soccer mom comes into a store and decides to become a "concerned citizen". I've noticed that a lot of stores that sell parts and service are against stunting. One thing that these stores need to realize that these video are bussiness. Are these stores also going to stop selling Motorcross Stunt videos because they promote Extreme Riding and you could get hurt on a MX bike attemping stunts? Should movie theatres stop featuring "R" rated movies because they promote violence and other **** that teenage children children dont neet to see! Children arent allowed into R rated movies for a reason. Just like how ALL stunt videos have warnings at the begining. This is total bullshit. What if the video didnt have street riding in it? ie All track, stunt shows, closed roads and airports? In the words of George Carlin "Some people are just fucken stupid"
Old 02-14-2003, 10:00 PM

Swedie is an unknown quantity at this point
Start looking for other companies/stores that can push sales?

Why not tell the store to put a disclaimer on the back of the video that the buyer of this video (for example Servin' it up) agrees upon purchase not to sue the store on behalf of all non stunting riders. (probably the pussies out there that will do something like that i.e harley/goldwing riders).

Can't there be something done in regards to liability? Something has to be possible to pull off that protects the stores?
Old 02-15-2003, 12:40 AM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep us informed on whats coming of this.....................This is BS !
Old 02-15-2003, 02:20 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to tell ya but that is the reality of our sport. rome wasnt built in a day. we will get there very soon.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:36 AM

GEISTSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point
take it 2 tha streets---start a boycott on tha store hold protests and rallies out side---then when busniness drops they will cave---unfortuatly this country is --if some dont like what u do they can cancel u!!! thats why this country is failing----do by **** there ---once there stocks drop or sales slump they will get tha picture we mean business
Old 02-15-2003, 03:01 AM

LkshrRODr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
If a small group can have that big an effect by just writing a letter, can't we get together as a LARGE group and do the same?
Darius.....give us an address to write to, but with "our" message.
Show this company that there is a large group of people that want to purchase these kind of videos. We want to spend our hard earned dollar in their stores. Its the "all mighty dollar" they care about.

I don't know....seems like a good idea......maybe not!

Just a thought
-Rodney
Old 02-15-2003, 03:32 AM
SERVIN IT UP

you guys can do what I did, go to www.cyclegear.com and fill out the form to email the ceo of cycle gear and tell them how you feel.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:23 AM

Danielle C is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry OUCH

This is the barrier. Yes it is bad that this is what they have decided to do, but it is good in that we are at the vortex. The message is clear---we have to create a medium where typical america can accept us, and the flavor is still there. There are several options to take, but it is Saturday now, and I cannot make any calls until Monday. DARIUS----Where is the specific article and the information regarding this decision?(could you forward it to me? danielle@sportbikefix.com) This decision will not go without reprecussions for the company---regardless of how minimal, companies look at the bottom line---and their competition can benefit. I hesitate to say that because I do not want to encourage a blast of action, but I can create a nice PROFESSIONAL proposal and reach the right people to see what kind of response we get. This is a sensitive situation, so react sensitively--lets use our ******* heads and things might work out ok. Don't panic, this is only another hurdle that would of had to have been dealt with sooner or later.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:55 AM

2xtreme50 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont no how they can pull it because it promotes dangerous things i mean look at jack *** they did some stupid **** on their and it was huge they even made a movie so stunt ridin should be ok. I think rodney had a good idea every one should email them. If they get like 700 email are somethin i think they will get the picture soccer moms
Old 02-15-2003, 08:26 AM

StreetHeat is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, that sux bro. I work for a large dealership too (14 stores) and we had this same problem a few years ago. I think that it just went away cause I sell a shitload of vids at my store, including yours, and no one says **** anymore. I seriously doubt though that the corporate offices of your store are going to risk losing there older cruiser customers, ie. people with more money who spend more money. You can give it a shot, but all there going to look at is cost versus risk. :twelve
Old 02-15-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

tbone750 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a big truckload of B.S., it's just like when everyone in the government was freakin out of sportbikes going 200 m.p.h. If people are scared of it they lash out with hate!!!! Just make sure when we all email them not to go off, just tell them how disappointed you are with their decision and how its going to alter you buying from them. They obviously know how many of these videos they sell, so lets let them hear from all those that buy or make them !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 10:29 AM
ZIMBABWE!!!!!!!!!!

LSR Najwa is an unknown quantity at this point
This is just my two-cents and I apologize if this goes a little off topic! But I happened to read this and mentioned it to my mom who really enjoys the stunt scene and feels for us who get fucked! She came up with a good point. Stunt videos are going to start disappearing in the stores because of the "illegal activity" that goes down in them. It's bullshit! However....Im not sure if this happens any where else, but here in Akron, there is a local cable channel that is GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED that ANYTHING can go on this channel. Saturday nights around 1:00 a.m. it turns to ****. I know some of you guys are totally down for seeing this but im just sticking to the point she gave me. The government and the local law enforcement are down to get stunters and shut them all down, but its ok to put **** on a local cable channel where any 12 or 13 year old kid could turn it on. Stunter videos are completely harmless, everyone knows it. But the **** remains! What would happen if someone put a stunter video on this local channel? Everyone would have a **** FIT. But nobody says anything about the ****. And any of you that live in Akron Ohio and have Time Warner cable, turn to channel 15 saturday nights around 1:00 and you'll see what Im talking about. And for those of you who have seen this, then you'll agree that its NOT SOFT CORE. This is hardcore ****, scat, and all kinds of **** like that. Basically what the point is im trying to make is, the government looks down on the completely harmless stunting, but pays for and endorses hard core ****? What the ****!? Maybe it's because the stunters aren't donkey punching someone while they are riding! Sorry if this got a little off topic but it just pisses me off to see something like this happen. Just my 2-cents
Old 02-15-2003, 10:33 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point
The company would most likely restock the videos i they get lots of people asking for them. I mean if people started going to there local stores and ask to purchase a stunt video it would make the store look bad if they didn't have any. The bottom line is money, if you can prove it is worth the risk to sell these videos then they would carry them. Also find out which paper wrote the article and send them a letter too, talk about how you are getting the short end of the stick.

Or you can always throw the discrimination card in. If they will not carry your videos but the will carry fmx videos it can be concidered discrimination. I wouldn't use that one personally but it is always a thought.

Quick Reply: We are fucked!!!!!!!