FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

ok i need some help (this is not cool!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 01:11 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
ok i need some help (this is not cool!)

ok so here is the deal i have a 88cc big bore kit i purchased from fab5 i had problems right from the start with this kit (it was mostly my fault but the kit did not come with directions so ...) ok i have a major problem with my fiddy now i have had 3 diffrent people check it out to see if there was anything done wrong and everyone is stumped! everything is correct and the moter has horrable and i mean horrable blow by if i take the dip stick out while it is running it is a constant air pressure comming from the dipstick hole none of the breathers are pinched or anything! and the dam thing burns oil bad like the rings i have are bad or somthing the are all gaped correctly and also installed correctly cromemoly ring on top then the next ring then the two oil rings the cilinder is not scraped up or anything so there should be no reason for any blow by does anyone have any sugestions? please help

and thanks again to fab5 for hooking me up with the spare gasket kit! :YEAH

edit:This is the second kit that is doing this now a freind of mine installed the same kit in his fiddy last night and is doing the same ****! has anyone else had this problem with the kit? so lets recap two kits two diffrent installers same kit same problems........um...... please let me know what you think
Old 04-09-2004, 04:17 PM

jonesti is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ok i need some help (this is not cool!)

Originally Posted by 120clown
ok so here is the deal i have a 88cc big bore kit i purchased from fab5 i had problems right from the start with this kit (it was mostly my fault but the kit did not come with directions so ...) ok i have a major problem with my fiddy now i have had 3 diffrent people check it out to see if there was anything done wrong and everyone is stumped! everything is correct and the moter has horrable and i mean horrable blow by if i take the dip stick out while it is running it is a constant air pressure comming from the dipstick hole none of the breathers are pinched or anything! and the dam thing burns oil bad like the rings i have are bad or somthing the are all gaped correctly and also installed correctly cromemoly ring on top then the next ring then the two oil rings the cilinder is not scraped up or anything so there should be no reason for any blow by does anyone have any sugestions? please help

and thanks again to fab5 for hooking me up with the spare gasket kit! :YEAH

edit:This is the second kit that is doing this now a freind of mine installed the same kit in his fiddy last night and is doing the same ****! has anyone else had this problem with the kit? so lets recap two kits two diffrent installers same kit same problems........um...... please let me know what you think
I know nothing about these little engines, but did you stagger the ring gaps? That can cause lots-O-blow-by.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

fab5fiddy is a decent person

let me say this in the nicest possible way....
if u dont know anything about how a motor works, u have no business putting one together. the kits come with no instructions. no biggie. if u cant figure it out on your own, u have no business attemping it. a honda shop manual tells u everything u need to know and more. everyone should own a shop manual anyhow!! i have installed so many of these kits with zero and i mean ZERO problems. im so steamed about this issue it just really pisses me off. i must get 10 PMs a day with people asking dumb *** questions about the intsall of these kits. i just think to myself .. "what the hell are people doing putting these motors together with no knowledge of anything" and i dont mean to put anyone down down in any sort of way. not everyone is born with the ability to understand this **** and thats fine. they have their own things they are good at. but please, if u dont know what u are doing, spend some money and have it installed by someone who knows whats up. it will save u so much money in the end. i promise u this.
ok, im done venting.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:38 PM

J.L. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fab5fiddy
if u dont know anything about how a motor works, u have no business putting one together. the kits come with no instructions. no biggie. if u cant figure it out on your own, u have no business attemping it. a honda shop manual tells u everything u need to know and more. everyone should own a shop manual anyhow!! i have installed so many of these kits with zero and i mean ZERO problems. im so steamed about this issue it just really pisses me off. i must get 10 PMs a day with people asking dumb *** questions about the intsall of these kits. i just think to myself .. "what the hell are people doing putting these motors together with no knowledge of anything" and i dont mean to put anyone down down in any sort of way. not everyone is born with the ability to understand this **** and thats fine. they have their own things they are good at. but please, if u dont know what u are doing, spend some money and have it installed by someone who knows whats up. it will save u so much money in the end. i promise u this.
ok, im done venting.
Exactly why i paid a real mechanic to do mine. Yeah it a cost few bucks but it runs ****.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:31 PM

vonde001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Other than putting the rings in the wrong way, what else could cause this?

Upside down piston?
Having the cam 180 degrees off?
Bad seal somwhere?

I mean, even over at planet minis and thumpertalk I have never heard of a TB kit to having a problem. Except when its an installation mistake.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:37 PM

MITTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Use the two brothers instructions they are step by step instructions with a picture for every step. I dont know a whole lot about these little engines either, but I can read and turn a wrench. My install went smoothly and the kit I got from Fab5fiddy was perfect. Two different kits, two different installers same problem?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:46 PM

ZYIFIDDY is an unknown quantity at this point

first off i agree with fab usually user error
and buy a manual, these are realatively simple motors
but they have to be right or they will not run
not rocket science just basic 4 stroke stuff
first thing i would ask is the piston pointed in the right direction?
second would be did you put the rings right side up, they have a mark that goes on top,usually, and did you 10, 2, 4 , stagger them ?
also i would check the cylinder sounds like its ovaled and not round,
if its the cylinder
i dont know what head your running or if its screwed up seals leaking or something
hold it up to the computer and rev it up so we can listen to it
Old 04-09-2004, 10:03 PM

dingo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vonde001
Other than putting the rings in the wrong way, what else could cause this?

Upside down piston?
Having the cam 180 degrees off?
Bad seal somwhere?

I mean, even over at planet minis and thumpertalk I have never heard of a TB kit to having a problem. Except when its an installation mistake.
if it was an upside down piston, i dont think theres anyway someone could connect the piston to the rod, upside down.
the cam to crank timing is pretty much idiot proof, hardly anyway to screw up there line the gear up to the mark on the head, and line the marks up on the stator and engine case..... even if it was screwed up, that wouldnt have anything to do with blowby.
for the bad seal thing.... about the only thing that could cause that much smoke, was if maybe the o-rings on the oil passages didnt get put in right, and somehow the oil was seeping into the combustion chamber. could be a valve guide seal, but unless it was on a start up after sitting, guide seals dont leak much when an engine is running.

im almost willing to bet, mr. wannabe mechanic put the rings in upside down, switched around, or, got the oil control rings in wrong, or got one caught putting the piston in

"the are all gaped correctly and also installed correctly cromemoly ring on top then the next ring then the two oil rings the cilinder is not scraped up or anything so there should be no reason for any blow by"

i didnt see anything in there about the spring ring behind the oil scraper rings.....lmao.

one last thing... don't mind what fab5 said about having mechanics put the stuff together for you... fixing peoples ****ups is 40% of my dealership's repairs keep up the bad work guys.... we'll fix it for you, for a price
Old 04-10-2004, 12:37 AM

weedracer is a decent person

Originally Posted by fab5fiddy
if u dont know anything about how a motor works, u have no business putting one together. the kits come with no instructions. no biggie. if u cant figure it out on your own, u have no business attemping it.

but please, if u dont know what u are doing, spend some money and have it installed by someone who knows whats up. it will save u so much money in the end. i promise u this.
ok, im done venting.
aaaaaaaaa men
Old 04-10-2004, 01:52 AM

Z50NATIONALS is an unknown quantity at this point

id say check your orings too
Old 04-10-2004, 04:47 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought mine from Fab5, it runs great....

take it apart piece by piece and go to a local shop and have them do it. i wouldnt recommend trying to repair a problem that you cannot fix.

"air blowing out the dipstick hole...."

Yo fab, im about to grab that Cam from ya!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:26 AM

potential is a decent person

yeah 120clown, everyones right when they say if you don't know what you're doing... (and that's obvious) then you probably shouldn't be doing it. and i saw that ghetto *** civic you had... () but it sounds like you have your piston rings upside down, the problem isn't fab5's kit thats for sure, human error causes 90% of this kinda ****.
B
Old 04-10-2004, 07:04 AM

fab5fiddy is a decent person

120clown, please dont think im bashin ya cause im not. that last thread wasnt aimed directly at u. just people in general.
i believe u mentioned something to me before how u had the piston in upside down the first time and it bent a valve? well, if that was the case, did u check the guide when u put the new valve in?? also, did u remember the valve guide seal? that stuff could very well be your problem. let me know.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:04 AM
JUST CLOWNING!

ok to everyone that is raggin on my mechanical skills that is correct i am shitty with this kind of stuff that is why i brought it to someone to get it done correctly now this guy builds this kind of **** all the time! he has had this problem with my fiddy so i asked the pros (i didnt intend to get this kind of **** for responses!)

"yeah 120clown, everyones right when they say if you don't know what you're doing... (and that's obvious) then you probably shouldn't be doing it. and i saw that ghetto *** civic you had... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/att...achmentid=54567) but it sounds like you have your piston rings upside down, the problem isn't fab5's kit thats for sure, human error causes 90% of this kinda ****." what does my old civic have anything to do with a fiddy?? yeah i and when i say i i mean I installed a turbo in it. it may have been ugly but it shure did move! thanks for your advise mr potential

anyways fab5 thanks you i realy do apreaciate all your help and i apolagise that i keep asking questions but i have a fiddy that doesnt run for ****! and i want to ride bad! i do see where you are comming from with getting 10 pm's a day with questions on the kit. so lets recap from all the critisizm this is what could be wrong.

o rings
rings are in upside down
guide seal might be bad

anyways thanks for the input

ps i am not haten on fab5 kits at all i thanked him numerous times and gave him props everytime someone brought up bigbore kits plus i ordered my homeboy a kit from him! so once again thanks for your help

guide seal might be bad
Old 04-10-2004, 11:55 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

"and i saw that ghetto *** civic you had... "

Old 04-10-2004, 11:58 AM
JUST CLOWNING!

hay not everyone has lots of cash i am shure you have had a getto ride before
Old 04-12-2004, 04:13 PM

Z50NATIONALS is an unknown quantity at this point

my first 50 was a ghetto 50
for 50 bux it ripped for a worn out 50
did you figure out the problem yet>?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:19 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

Originally Posted by Z50NATIONALS
my first 50 was a ghetto 50
for 50 bux it ripped for a worn out 50
did you figure out the problem yet>?
the fiddy is running great! but still has blowby it doesnt burn oil any more so i dont know i am just driving it how it is it has mad power so it has to be right......
Old 04-13-2004, 02:55 PM

ZYIFIDDY is an unknown quantity at this point

rip and tear without despair
Old 04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

lmao i cant wait to get home and tear it up!

Quick Reply: ok i need some help (this is not cool!)