FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

My new XTREME CR107

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 04:11 AM

tflyboy77 is an unknown quantity at this point
My new XTREME CR107

I just ordered my new XTREME CR107 today and was wondering if any of you guys have heard of them. Now granted there not an actual HONDA but GUY COOPER the MX racer helped build it. Its designed after the xr50 but has a 107 4stroke, custom exhaust, hydraulic disc front bakes, big suspension, an actual clutch with a four speed trany and a **** load of other stuff. To top it off there selling on EBAY for about 1800 to 2000. Its worth checking into seeing as how a BBR with this stuff runs about 6500. Ill post some more about how the bike rides when it shows up. Did I mention that the xr plastics bolt right up as well as most of the other parts. It sounds like the shiznit!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:20 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My new XTREME CR107

yep id buy one if i knew about them before i paid 1100 for my stocker...

but you cant beat genuine honda though...
Old 02-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Regular StuntLifer

FIVEO is a decent person

I didn't get to ride one but last year i went to OK for a race .... coop was out there along with doug dubach....coop brought about 5 or them....they look pretty sharp...mainly a full race bike...I do know that coop and dr.d stand fully behind their products....
Old 02-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard they're awesome except they have a few minor problems that need addressing making it well worth the money and then some.

Supposedly a few of the smaller things tend to break on them, but if you just replace them with beefier stuff as the problems arise then you're good to go.
-E
Old 02-24-2004, 11:15 AM

weedracer is a decent person

junk bikes

have fun trying to get parts when you break something
some of the first things to go are the bars, frame and the front brake set up
then its just all down hill from their

I'd sell it and buy an xr or crf or a z
you will like your self down the road if you did
Old 02-24-2004, 12:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have a friend that has a CRF and the 107 and LOVES the 107. Never even rides the CRF.. And he's yet to have a problem with it
Old 02-24-2004, 12:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

DELETE YOUR POST BECAUSE THE PEOPLE HERE ARE SOON GOING TO RIP YOU A NEW *** FOR BUYING ONE OF THOSE JUNKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M JUST LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN. THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THOSE BIKES.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:50 PM

KOTO is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, cheap imitations are never good in the long run. I garuntee (<--sp) within a few months you'll be back on here asking how to fix it or where to get parts. Too bad there's no awnser for those questions.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:08 PM

Guy cooper races them every weekend and the people ive talked to that have them say the only bad things are that the levers and bars bend easy.
Thats a cheap and easy fix. Im a Honda fan and ride a 929 but for the price difference there would have to be alot of crap breaking to make up for the price. Its kindof like buying a honda cruiser instead of a Harley.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:52 PM

guy cooper 107 is nothing like the one you buy down at the local store
and any ways I found articals of mr cooper saying the 107 is a cheep bike and will fall apart thats why every weekend he has a new 107 to brake
and now ask your self if he rides them because he likes them or just cus he gets them for free

bottom line its made in china 100% nock off
and just to remind you china people make happymeal toys look at how well there made
Old 02-24-2004, 06:16 PM

Z50NATIONALS is an unknown quantity at this point

bbr is 4995.00
with the trick everything
http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Produc...0-BBR-1007.htm
i like how they rag on something thats dfferent from theirs
Old 02-25-2004, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by weedracer
guy cooper 107 is nothing like the one you buy down at the local store
and any ways I found articals of mr cooper saying the 107 is a cheep bike and will fall apart thats why every weekend he has a new 107 to brake
and now ask your self if he rides them because he likes them or just cus he gets them for free

bottom line its made in china 100% nock off
and just to remind you china people make happymeal toys look at how well there made
Id like to see those articles....shoot me an address.
Cooper would be a complete moron to insult his main sponsor like that.
NOT THAT IM DOBTING YOU but id like to see it
Old 02-25-2004, 06:42 AM

8one7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FIVEO
race bike...I do know that coop and dr.d stand fully behind their products....
HMMMM. McGrath fully stood behind, hon, yam, suz and ktm. Rossi stood behind hon and now yam. If you are a pro, and corporate america was shoving free goods in your face, you would stand behind them.

CR107+ buyer = caca
Old 02-25-2004, 08:10 AM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point

McGrath got screwed by Honda And Yamaha.

Originally Posted by tflyboy77
...Its kindof like buying a honda cruiser instead of a Harley.
Harleys a poo. They brake everything, they are weaker than ****, and cost alot for a peice of ****. Im not big into cruisers but my grandpa told me yamaha had a push rod making more power than a harley. If I was getting a crusier it would be goldwing cause they are roomy.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:10 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Xidium
McGrath got screwed by Honda And Yamaha.

Harleys a poo. They brake everything, they are weaker than ****, and cost alot for a peice of ****. Im not big into cruisers but my grandpa told me yamaha had a push rod making more power than a harley. If I was getting a crusier it would be goldwing cause they are roomy.

How is a goldwing a cruiser? Also cruisers are not about raw power, if you want that buy a V-Max. Cruisers are about looks and sound. Cruisers are made to admire not to ride.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Cruisers are made to admire not to ride.
That is the goofiest thing I have heard in the last 24 hrs.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:16 AM

do you mean chopper-------------????
Old 02-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

What I mean is... To me I have much more fun riding a sportbike. The cruiser crowd is really hung up on looks and sound. (not that a lot of sportbikers aren't, just not me) If a lot of them that put on serious miles tried a vfr, and weren't biased, I'd bet they would enjoy the vfr a lot more. The reason I say a vfr is because I realize that most sportbikes are uncomfortable and a sport tourer would meet the needs of the cruiser crowd better.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:50 AM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point

the 107s are actually decent bikes, they do need a little modifications done to them to fix a few little problems, goto planetminis.com there are tons of threads on them and what needs to be tweaked and how to do it

Jesse
Old 02-25-2004, 12:00 PM

sorry for the long post but had to do it

Letter from Guy Cooper
First of all, are you going to have the same product review standards on a TTR90 and Tim Ferry’s factory bike? No – you can’t compare a stock XR50 to a BBR. The BBR is much better. Now test a BBR to a Red Baron, a Fast 50, and Sano 50 – now we’re talking apples to apples. Price for Price – High end trick stuff

what didn't live up to the hype...........

1. According to Xtreme the frame is supposed to be stronger than a stock xr50. Well it may be, but not by much at all. had it bent badly in 2 days, 2nd bent badly in 3 days. We both weight about 175lbs. He bent his on a freestyle jump when he overjumped it and flatlanded. I bent mine from just medium size jumps, nothing more than 6ft of air, and no casing.

2. The stock shifter is the same length as a stock xr50, which leads to a lot of missed shifts, and not to mention that it bends about as easy as plastic, not exaggeration at all. It didn't even last without crashing. A replacement is a MUST HAVE!

3. The rear brake pedal is really weak, I had it wrapped around my footpeg the first rut I went through, and to tell you how weak it was, it only took two fingers to bend it back into place. A replacement is a MUST HAVE!

4. Triple clamps. Its not they are junk, just poorly engineered. The bar mounts are actually under 7/8" so they have to be hammered on to and off of your bars. The clamps don't sit the forks out infront of the bike like stock xr50 clamps do, so the turn radius is no where near what a stock 50 can do. Don't expect to do sharp turns.

6. Tires, I couldn't even come out of a corner on the gas without the rear wheel trying to pass me. Your cornering is almost as good as a chopper Harley, **** poor!

7. Transmission. Don't expect to put it into neutral when you want. And don't expect to have perfect shifts, it likes to kick out of gear ALOT!

8. Clutch perch, handle bars, and throttle. One good thing is the throttle is aluminum, but its has way too long of pull. Who designed the clutch perch and lever? The bars are way too low. When replacing with BMX bars, longer cables are needed, that means a front hydraulic line as well!

9. Air filter, it doesn't work too well in dirt.

10. Carb, its a mikuni, but doesn't have a idle adjuster, and airscrew is a pain to reach.

11. Exhaust, a joke. on some bikes it melts the shrouds. On all of them the head pipe is held into the muffler with a tiny machine screw. This leads to a loose fit and alot of clatter as well as lost performance.

12. Chain roller self destructs in 2 rides.

13. No rear chain guide like pictured on web site!

14. The rear shock has too fast of rebound, when you kick start, the rear wheel hops. But when ridding its not that bad really. IF you adjust the spring preload to much its horrible. Its best kept soft for traction. But it is much much better than a stock 50 shock with springs!

15. The wiring job on the electronics look like high schoolers did the work.

Summary.

Overall I would rate the bike a 4/10. Its very very low quality, from easy to bend parts, to stripped bolts, bending frame, poor transmission, junk chain roller, poor turning.

I would only buy this bike to use the motor, and fix (frame, swingarm, bars, forks, disk brake, and have somebody make you new triple clamps that hold the forks out farther from the frame so you can turn sharp). If I had it all to do over again, I would buy a used Xr50 on eBay with an 88 kit, suspension, frame, and control mods for the same money, hands down.

Quick Reply: My new XTREME CR107