FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Pimped up my 50

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point
Pimped up my 50

I put big bars, rear pegs and handbrake last night. We will change the plastics later too. Those handlebars are great what a difference I can play on this thing all day now :dance:

Heres something I want to try but just keep the stock cap and cut the inside, has anyone here ever done this? I wonder if it's a lot louder or barely any difference?

http://www.esd-mfg.com/media/Install.../Power_Tip.wmv

I'm also wondering if you guys find it better to ride lots of air or low air in the back tire?

Thanks!!

Name:  IMG_0001-2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  57.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0002-2.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  70.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  76.5 KB
Old 03-13-2009, 09:43 PM

skateparkdave is a decent person
Re: Pimped up my 50

Bike is looking good!

I personally have never run a cut tip, have just run without it all together. I think any perormance gains may have been placebo. It seemed to have more low end torque but in a long wheelie it ran out of gear quicker and was no way as smooth.

I like it in or uncut because you can ride lots more stealth and not get called on. Cops used to hassle us when we were all loud.

Again, this is personal preference but I like about 22 psi for long slow steerables and straight liners but will almost douuble that to 40 psi for circles. Circles are hell on lil' tire sidewalls if pressure is too low.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skateparkdave
Bike is looking good!

I personally have never run a cut tip, have just run without it all together. I think any perormance gains may have been placebo. It seemed to have more low end torque but in a long wheelie it ran out of gear quicker and was no way as smooth.

I like it in or uncut because you can ride lots more stealth and not get called on. Cops used to hassle us when we were all loud.

Again, this is personal preference but I like about 22 psi for long slow steerables and straight liners but will almost douuble that to 40 psi for circles. Circles are hell on lil' tire sidewalls if pressure is too low.
Thanks for the tip bro!!! If I cut my tip and it's louder I would rule out that options cause I don't want it any louder. Unless it's just a bit louder.

Thanksfor the air pressure tip cause I think I just have like 10 pounds, I didnt measure but the tire is pretty soft and Im moving sideways to easy in the wheelie probably more air will help, ill try 22.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

A 50stunt power tip is basically a tip , with a hole on the end , with no inside screen . It is alot louder .

To me , it's not super duper loud , it sounds nice . But comparing it to a stock tip that is almost no noise , it's like comparing apples and oranges . Second and third gear topped out is pretty loud . But idle is ok .

I might have a sound clip of a 50stunt tip sound , if i find it , i'll upload it .

Last edited by Crazy D; 03-14-2009 at 07:35 PM.