FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Air/Fuel Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 04:15 PM

StuntinFiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Air/Fuel Ratio

Where is the screw to change the air fuel ratio?...i cut off the spark arrestor on the exhaust and i just got a different air filter...do you think if i change the ratio it would be any faster...cause right now its not.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:24 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

fab5fiddy is a decent person
i just did the baffle in mine, but no air filter. it ran lean right out of the factory, so had to richen it up for sure. unscrew the cap on the carb where the throttle cable goes into. pull the spring out of your way then pull the needle out. i started by moving the clip on the needle down 2 notches. tryed it out and it ran too fat. so i went back and raisd the clip one notch and opened the idle mixture screw (the one just obove the idle speed screw) a half a turn. boy is she runnin sweet now. u may notice a little power difference, but nuthing thats gonna throw u off the back of the bike. hope this helps.

fab5fiddy
Old 06-06-2003, 06:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

fab5fiddy is a decent person
my bad, the idle speed screw is just above the idle mixture screw. hope i didnt screw ya up.

fab5fiddy