FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Need help ASAP.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 03:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help ASAP.

Okay today I went and took off the airbox assembly. I drove around for a little in the parking lot at work(just to see what happens). Seemed to run the same.

I went to pepboys and got a nice new cone shape air filter for the fiddy. But now she's lost power and bogs out in all three gears. What do I need to do. I tried messing with the Air/Fuel screw, but it still bogs.

I was looking for this "needle you guys are always talking about and I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'n not very good when It comes to this kinda stuff.

Wierd thing is how come with stock filter assembly it ran fine, I took everything off, still ran fine. Now I put a filter on and it runs shitty. Don't get it.

Heres some pics.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:47 PM

one more on an angle....
Old 05-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Regular StuntLifer

metal doc is an unknown quantity at this point
1st check the plug to see if its lean or rich.

I never tried to run mine without an air filter . I went from stock to the K&N cone filter ( not the oil breather you are running ) .

I had to go from a 58 jet to a 61 jet to get mine to run well. Moving the clip was only a bandaid fix .

Maybe its the breater you are running . I know you need to oil the K&Ns to get them to breath right .

Good luck , mike
Old 05-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
On mine I added the air filter (more air) moved the carb needle and added a larger mainjet (more gas) and cut out my spark arrestor (more exhaust) this gives you more performance.

Think of your streetbike... add a aftermarket pipe and air filter you need to jet it. Same with a fiddy.

Im going to take pictures of how you do this stuff and post em on my new site www.xrfiddy.com but for now Ill just tell ya.

On the top of the carb is a cap where the throttle cable goes in... take that out by unscrewing it. The you will see the needle. Pull the spring back on the needle assembly and use needle nose plier to pull out the retainer clip... then pull out the needle. (careful, the clip wants to fly away sometimes) then move the c-clip to where you want it (mine is in the middle position) then put it back together!

The mainjet costs less than $5 and is VERY easy to do. Pull off the floatbowl and uncrew the ond, screw in the new.

Spark arrester... unscrew the 3, 8mm bolts on the exhaust endcap. pull out the endcap. Cut off the screen...and bolt it back in. Done.

Hope thsi helps. Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:42 PM

Thanks, gonna try it right now! Oh yeah the spark arrestor is already done. I'm gonna have to call honda to get a new jet.

I'll see what happens.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Creater/Founder

Originally posted by Rich-NY
Thanks, gonna try it right now! Oh yeah the spark arrestor is already done. I'm gonna have to call honda to get a new jet.

I'll see what happens.
I have em here in stock if you need one. Just stick it in da mail...
Old 05-12-2003, 07:55 PM

Okay now something really focked up!

I slip the clip down one notch, sounded a little better. So I figured try one more knotch, okay everything ready but now my throttle is loose, theres freeplay throughout the entire thing. WTF.

I can see where this is headed. Its called bring it to Honda and say fix it, or I'm gonna launch it into a brick wall.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Creater/Founder

you can adjust the trottle with the throttle cable by the bars....
Old 05-12-2003, 11:57 PM

yeah I just got fustrated and it was getting dark so....**** it I'll mess with it again tommorow.

oh by the way SHUGGS, If you have my card info and ****, send me a #61 and a #62 size jet.

Also check your PM's about a video.

Last edited by Rich-NY; 05-12-2003 at 11:59 PM.