FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Is it dumb to cut a tire???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Is it dumb to cut a tire???

SOOO....

I have looked and looked and looked for street tires for a Kawasaki KLX 110 and no luck so i'm thinking about just cutting the knobbs off with the recip saw. because new dirt tires are easy to find and cheap as hell
Old 03-06-2006, 12:49 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is it dumb to cut a tire???

just wanting some opinions
Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

thats retarded ..... like lead paint eating retarded

why wouldnt you just do a burnout and wear them down ...
Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 PM

hndarida4life is an unknown quantity at this point

just smoke them until the ***** are gone thats what i do th my tires when they are worn and need new ones it works too just dont go to far.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by scott3824
thats retarded ..... like lead paint eating retarded

why wouldnt you just do a burnout and wear them down ...
+1 see thats what im sayin
Old 03-06-2006, 12:56 PM

So maybe i should just work on my rolling burnouts with them for a while
Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 PM

there you go that would make the most sense smoke them off and for the front just ride on the road alot they will wear away
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 PM

thanks for the input glad i asked
Old 03-23-2006, 02:49 AM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

or if you get tired of that just take a belt sander to them you could get a nioce even wear on them then
Old 03-23-2006, 09:59 AM

turboglenn is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, Dbounce, come over my place and i'll tape you burnin the ***** off... hey there's also a kaos and charnage race in columbus this saturday...you gonna go race?

i think i'm gonna go and jsut "roll" the jumps cause of my knee..i'll be in last, but i'l be there having fun

hit me up
Glenn
Old 03-23-2006, 10:25 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

learn donuts, both directions

knobbies love to burn on concrete
Old 03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by hndarida4life
+1 see thats what im sayin
+2
Old 03-23-2006, 10:39 AM

gotta get a new tire now anyway. I ran over a snow shovel last sunday and put like a 4" cut in my sidewall. I couldn't see it under the snow. I had the fikkin ***** almost burned all the way off too
Old 03-23-2006, 10:40 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

thats like wipin before you poop, dont make any sense lol. Smoke em off donuts to get the sides off.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by turboglenn
yea, Dbounce, come over my place and i'll tape you burnin the ***** off... hey there's also a kaos and charnage race in columbus this saturday...you gonna go race?

i think i'm gonna go and jsut "roll" the jumps cause of my knee..i'll be in last, but i'l be there having fun

hit me up
Glenn

I just called curry bros and got entered for saturday. They also have a new tire in stock for me
Old 03-23-2006, 02:59 PM

turboglenn is an unknown quantity at this point

damn, i still need to call and register...is there a gate fee?

and is it out doors or what, i hearrd they got 2 foot of snow..i really don't wanna race in mud
Old 03-23-2006, 03:04 PM

glenn it's $15 to race practice satrts at 3 on sat and race at 4 call 402-563-2224 and ask for travis he'll get you registered and it's indoor
Old 03-23-2006, 03:04 PM

where did you hear about it???
Old 03-23-2006, 03:05 PM

umpa is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Dbounce was just pullin our legs,,,, and you all....(not me) fell for it..... I hope.....
Old 03-23-2006, 05:47 PM

Finally someone catches on. I burnt them ***** off like the second week i had it.

Quick Reply: Is it dumb to cut a tire???