Biker Boyz: Reviews and Comments

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 11:03 PM

Wu-Ka$h is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Biker Boyz: Reviews and Comments

*SPOILERS MAY APPEAR*

I just saw Biker Boyz at metro. I dont know where to begin, but i though the movie was just out of place. First i though it was too black oriented. Im not trying to sound racist, but blacks especially on Harleys doesnt seem right. Another thing is the whole drag racing on streets. In my opinion its pathetic!, whats even more pathetic is when they drag race on the dirt road in some farming area! . The introduction of the characters was another lame part of the movie. An example: when 2 asian guys come out of know where and ask to be apart of Biker Boyz. Next thing you know it, there in the Biker Boyz gang. No background or anything. The only thing about the bikes that i didnt like is, Smokes ( Laurence Fishburn) bike...i mean come on...pink, silver, and chrome...King of Cali my ***...more like King of Queers . The other bikes were fine, some had fruity colors though. Some looked like they could be used in a Fruit Loops commerical. The stunts in the movie were ok, nice camera angles to go along with them. Alot of the peoples faces in the theatre were when they did the stunts. When one of the guys did a hand stand on the bike everyone gasped in the theatre . If they only new about Triple XXX, Star Boyz, and other stunt groups.

Well the movie was ok, i wouldnt get my hopes up about another sequel. The only thing good about the film was the bikes...i came too see the bikes and just to enjoy myself, and i did.

What do you guys think? What were your pros and cons??
Old 02-01-2003, 12:37 AM

dirtyshoregixer is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that it was kinda weak. I wish it was a little closer to how it really is on the streets. It should of been called "Corny paint job dragged out biker boys". Well I do give a lot of props to team Cali boys for adding some flavor to the flick and any other stunters that where in the movie. Nice ridin' fellas, keep up the good work and the best of luck to you in the future.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
im just gonna say it...it was really ******* gay
Old 02-01-2003, 01:29 AM
Regular StuntLifer

abad71camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
during some of the racing thay shifted 8 times
Old 02-01-2003, 02:01 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
absolute GA AABBAAAGGEE

hollywood can ruin anything. stunts were

i know the riders showed them more they just didnt use it.

BIKER BOYZ GA ABAGE i tell ya GAA AABBAAGGggeeeE
Old 02-01-2003, 02:19 AM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
corny but ok. ok in the sense of seeing stunnaz on the big screen.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:20 AM

se7en750gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
be for real

this movie was so fake.i hope people don't expect us to do that ****.race on a farm yea ok.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:41 AM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point
I hated this movie more than the "Fast and the Furious". ...........and I Hated that one! I loved the final showdown(on the dirt road)! lololololol
Old 02-01-2003, 12:27 PM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
im almost embarassed to ride my bike now
Old 02-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL...dedes
Old 02-01-2003, 01:34 PM

stubbystunter is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know if anyone noticed but when one of the r-1's where racing, they showed the tac and it redlined at 11 grand......i dont know where they got their facts from but when this sport goes to racing on dirt driveways to the "farm"...... I'm done!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2003, 02:09 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
technical errors i remember seeing.

750 calipers on 1000 forks ?

bikes at club parked at 12 missing motor .

"i couldn't even fix that, not in a day" . starter gear cover looked fine to me

BS MOVIE errors

72 second quarter mile race - dirt road. WITH A FENCE AT THE END

MOTOCROSS HELMETS FOR DRAG RACING??? if you were really riding your head would be ripped clean off at 100+.

SHOWS the WHITE KID DRINK, STUMBLE, BET, RACE, W/O HELMET, AND WIN good example
Old 02-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Renegade Distribution

Erika is an unknown quantity at this point
Found this movie review today...seems like a good summation of the movie....

. And judging from all the ads for Biker Boyz, it seemed like the motorbike fans would get just what they wanted: a Fast and the Furious on two wheels—plenty of explosions, crashes, ****, and dumb as a rock dialogue. I expected it so much that I was actually looking forward to that kind of experience with this film, but that's far from what the movie is.

The story follows Kid (Derek Luke, aka Antwone Fisher), a young black man whose father (Eriq LaSalle) is the star mechanic and apparent omega male to top racer Smoke (Laurence Fishburne), the "king of Cali." When his dad is killed by a flying motorcycle during a race gone awry, Kid blames Smoke, and begins training to be the best racer on the set. He recruits a band of misfits to form a gang of his own called the Biker Boyz (which includes a hilarious Filipino duo on four-wheelers). All this build-up to confront Smoke explodes when Kid learns a huge secret kept by his mother, which only drives him further into his mania. Ultimately, Kid has to clash with Smoke, and — by that point in the film — you can pretty much see the ending coming as clearly as the budget "finish line" metaphor at the end of the movie. I'll give you a clue: "Burn rubber, not your soul."

As you can see, this ain't exactly adrenaline-fueled inanity. It's worse; Biker Boyz chooses to go Singleton on us, delivering softball messages about respecting your woman and dads taking responsibility for their illegitimate kids intercut with footage of cool bike stunts. It's touchy-feely without any real substance. The reason why Singleton's movies work (when they work) is because the messages come through young black men in crisis. Kid in this movie isn't in any kind of crisis; the dude lives in a nice house in the 'burbs. His only problem is that he's riding really fast on his motorcycle, and his mom thinks its dangerous — not quite as harrowing as the hardcore reality of, say, Boyz N the Hood.

The film, however, does look good for the most part — thanks to some nice handheld camerawork and unusual visual styling throughout, even if some segments do look very music video-ish (like one montage of Kid and his gang collecting money on the hustling circuit). Unfortunately, the acting is not as impressive. Laurence Fishburne has the best pick of the stale dialogue, but still seems to wince throughout. Meanwhile, everyone else seems to be delivering one hackneyed line after another, which could be much to blame for the budget performances. You could also blame the filmmaker's need to employ the minimal talents of big celebrities like Kid Rock, who comes off as neither tough nor a biker in his tough biker role.

Biker Boyz is an unfortunate case of mistaken identity — or what some of us like to call Coyote Ugly syndrome. It's a movie that's marketed a certain way, but in reality is something entirely, disappointingly different. As little as we need another high-octane, turn-off-the brain action film with races and explosions, we need a biker movie with a heart even less. Honestly, I would gladly have given this film 2 ½ stars if I could've had fewer tears and more crazy motorcycle stunts and crashes. That could've at least been spectacularly bad instead of just plain mediocre.
Old 02-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

metal doc is an unknown quantity at this point
At least we don't have to worry about the cops getting worked up about the film .. I loved how DOG plays bumper cars with his ZX12R at 100 plus MPH Then when he puts KID down at the end of the quarter mile at top speed he only rolls for 8 ft and gets up without any broken bones .
At least I did not pay to see it . I used a gift card I got for christmas . THE MOVIE SUCKED !!!!! Except for the stunting .
later , mike :D
Old 02-01-2003, 04:18 PM

TLRmikeC is an unknown quantity at this point
drag racing 9 sec motorcycles on dirt??
Old 02-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Regular StuntLifer

SpeedyCycles is an unknown quantity at this point
Is "Torque" expected to be a lot better? Ice Cube, etc?

The one I really want to see happen is the 2 year old project "14K" the movie.

F
Old 02-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

SpeedyCycles is an unknown quantity at this point
I know Eric Wood is off the 14k scene. I really want to see that one happen since it is backed by Suzuki, MOTUL, etc. (And they filmed at the WERA Nationals so I may be in some shots!!)

Frank
Old 02-06-2003, 05:38 PM
BiZ

BiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
hollywood is never going to make a movie based on reality of this sport..because it wouldnt be called a movie, it would be called a biography or documentary. Those usually dont sell.

this movie is all about making money..its a hollywood movie...but i enjoyed it because of the bikes...as far as the story goes...lame ...and this whole idea how your gang needs to be voted is really stupid...

overall..it was "ok"...was cool to me becuase it was the big screen and there was so Decent stunts...other then that..I think hollywood needs to go back to the drawing board...and come up with something that is actually worth while..