loan question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:36 PM

king is an unknown quantity at this point
loan question

Anyone took out a personal loan before.what type of intrest rate did you get.iv been doin some resaerch and got numbers in the 15%.is this the average?thought it was a little lower.what was your credit like when you applied for it?i have decent credit just not a long history(1 1/2 years).
Old 10-17-2004, 09:50 PM

atomic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: loan question

how many months is that?
Old 10-17-2004, 11:19 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

i took out a loan for 3800 bux when i bought my F2 and ive got a 12% intrest rate over 2 yrs, 200 bux a month. i have 0 credit history till now, needed a co-signer and ****.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:23 PM

J-Double-M is an unknown quantity at this point

i know someone that took out a student loan. not one of those federal ones.
a private student loan. he doesnt have to start paying it back until 6 months after he graduates.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a personal loan for 10g's. Got it for 4 years at 8%. Through a credit union. I have damn good credit though. Shop around and check your actual credit report. Credit unions always seem to be better for loans. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:53 AM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Credit Union. about a year prior credit history, 5G's at 9%
Old 10-18-2004, 02:13 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

damn credit union doesnt sound bad...BAD CREDIT HERE I COME!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
I got a personal loan for 10g's. Got it for 4 years at 8%. Through a credit union. I have damn good credit though. Shop around and check your actual credit report. Credit unions always seem to be better for loans. Good luck.
yea i just got back from suntrust.asking for a personal loan.f'in 16%. guess ill be lookin into some credit unions.do you have to be a member to apply to one?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by atomic
how many months is that?
how many months is what?how long iv had credit history?probally about 15 or 16 months now.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by king
yea i just got back from suntrust.asking for a personal loan.f'in 16%. guess ill be lookin into some credit unions.do you have to be a member to apply to one?
no ****, i used to be an employee at Wells Fargo and they still wouldnt go less than 19%. i gave them the finger. and yes, you do have to be a member at the credit union.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been a member of the credit union since I was 15. It's from the hospital my mom works for. I've had 4 car loans, and 2 personal loans through them. I got a 24,000 loan for my truck at 6.4%. You can't beat them. Give it a try!
Old 10-19-2004, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
I've been a member of the credit union since I was 15. It's from the hospital my mom works for. I've had 4 car loans, and 2 personal loans through them. I got a 24,000 loan for my truck at 6.4%. You can't beat them. Give it a try!
not to sound dumb *** f*ck.but how do i give it a try.i thought you have to be in like a work force type enviorment to join a credit union.can you just join rite off the street.i also have 3 bank accounts with different banks already so dont want anymore (my system of checks and balances.1 for emergency fund,1 for striclty bills so i dont overdraft,and one for savings and monthly allowance)yea i know i could do it all in one bank but like i said checks and balances type thing with me.it just works well for me.but are there anyother options.all i know is im not paying no f'in 16% when your getting 6.4% lol .
Old 10-19-2004, 09:21 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

not to sound dumb *** f*ck.but how do i give it a try.i thought you have to be in like a work force type enviorment to join a credit union.can you just join rite off the street.i also have 3 bank accounts with different banks already so dont want anymore (my system of checks and balances.1 for emergency fund,1 for striclty bills so i dont overdraft,and one for savings and monthly allowance)yea i know i could do it all in one bank but like i said checks and balances type thing with me.it just works well for me.but are there anyother options.all i know is im not paying no f'in 16% when your getting 6.4% lol .

BWAHAHAHAHAH... ...no no due its a bank not like a labor board or something....credit unions are almost always local.....i.e: san diego county credit union....anyways ask your parents about any good credit unions where you live or you friends might know too.....credit unions hook you up...
Old 10-20-2004, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by damnmotorcycles
BWAHAHAHAHAH... ...no no due its a bank not like a labor board or something....credit unions are almost always local.....i.e: san diego county credit union....anyways ask your parents about any good credit unions where you live or you friends might know too.....credit unions hook you up...
looks like ill be checkin out some locla credit unions on friday then.good lookin guys.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:00 PM

ok new question,kinda.just got back from yet another bank checking out rates and today i found one at 5.0%.however its a CD (certificate of deposit).the way the accountant made it seem was just like its a personal loan.is a CD the same a a personal loan.can anyone inform me on the differences,pros or cons of a CD to a personal loan or is this just another form of a personal loan?i know howt and what to look for in loans.however CD's are new to me.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J-Double-M
i know someone that took out a student loan. not one of those federal ones.
a private student loan. he doesnt have to start paying it back until 6 months after he graduates.
thats what i did. personal/student loan for 6k and i dont start making payments till 6 months after i graduate. interest rate is like 4 or 5%
Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by snigg
thats what i did. personal/student loan for 6k and i dont start making payments till 6 months after i graduate. interest rate is like 4 or 5%
i actually thought about that.but dont they atomatically send any check for a student loan too the school first.theres a balance on my account and dont want anything taken out of the loan to go torwards that.or with private lonas do they send you the check? whats an example of a private lender?like sallie mae, cuz i heard even with that type.the check goes to the school first.so how exactlly do you get the money from student loans b/c im under the impression that all checks go to the school first.so they will take out anything you owe before you even see it.even then after that do you just go to the school and ask for the rest of your money or does the school mail that out to you?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:04 PM

ok new question,kinda.just got back from yet another bank checking out rates and today i found one at 5.0%.however its a CD (certificate of deposit).the way the accountant made it seem was just like its a personal loan.is a CD the same a a personal loan.can anyone inform me on the differences,pros or cons of a CD to a personal loan or is this just another form of a personal loan?i know howt and what to look for in loans.however CD's are new to me.
no big guy, that guy told you some ****. A CD is like a savings account, it earns interest, the only difference is that you cant have your money back for X number of months. you have to start out with a certain ammount of money, like $50,000.00 for example. you give this money to the bank, and it earns interest for a set ammount of time. when the time is up, the bank pays it all back to you interest included. You are loaning the bank money, in a sense.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:11 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh it went to my school, but my **** was paid up so i got the "refund" check.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by spike_x4
no big guy, that guy told you some ****. A CD is like a savings account, it earns interest, the only difference is that you cant have your money back for X number of months. you have to start out with a certain ammount of money, like $50,000.00 for example. you give this money to the bank, and it earns interest for a set ammount of time. when the time is up, the bank pays it all back to you interest included. You are loaning the bank money, in a sense.
yea i talk to a friend and he explained that exact same thing.i was mad as f*ck when he told me cuz the guy at the bank made it seem totally different.was askin for a personal loan.and he runs on about this crap.no wonder ihe smiled when i was like thats great (talkin bout the 5%) b/c the other bank told me 16%.

but also my fault for not knowing info before goin into the situation .but you se im tryna learn.

Quick Reply: loan question