woke up to a shitty call

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 12:39 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point
woke up to a shitty call

so today i get a call from the guy i "was" buying an 02 gsxr from ... pretty much all the paperwork was done on myside he just needed to come down and sign over title or something ..

so he calls me bright and early this morning and tells me that the summer job he thought he had lined up fell through and now he cant afford insurance or something on the new thou he wanted so hes keeping the bike

so pretty much all the work and hype for the past few weeks has been for nothing and it looks like im bikeless for the summer wow today is going to be a shitty day already

he says if he finds a job or something he will let me know but i doubt it will happen
Old 05-19-2004, 12:48 PM

Jay6 is a decent person
Re: woke up to a shitty call

Originally Posted by mekrew
so today i get a call from the guy i "was" buying an 02 gsxr from ... pretty much all the paperwork was done on myside he just needed to come down and sign over title or something ..

so he calls me bright and early this morning and tells me that the summer job he thought he had lined up fell through and now he cant afford insurance or something on the new thou he wanted so hes keeping the bike

so pretty much all the work and hype for the past few weeks has been for nothing and it looks like im bikeless for the summer wow today is going to be a shitty day already

he says if he finds a job or something he will let me know but i doubt it will happen
That cant be the only bike for sale in the whole state of Texas. Keep you eye open and you will find something else soon enough
Old 05-19-2004, 01:12 PM

Danimal is a decent person

hmm, maybe this guy works with ANSKY??lol

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/74-open-forum/74488-a.html

but sorry to hear that bro, get your hopes all up, then something like that happens
Old 05-19-2004, 02:06 PM

DoubleRR is an unknown quantity at this point

All you have to do is get a cycle trader magazine from the corner store and start making phone calls, you just may find that same bike cheaper and already fixed up, then again you may not but you will still be riding
Old 05-19-2004, 02:24 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Danimal
hmm, maybe this guy works with ANSKY??lol

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74488

but sorry to hear that bro, get your hopes all up, then something like that happens

but in all actuality.. i know how that is... twice within a month SELLERS backed out on me when i was buying a supra. two of them!! it sucked!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:28 PM

Rodyowen is an unknown quantity at this point

ill sell you my mint 03 R-1, limited edition. let me know if youre interested. :YEAH
Old 05-19-2004, 04:22 PM

atomic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rodyowen
ill sell you my mint 03 R-1, limited edition. let me know if youre interested. :YEAH
I'll trade you my 91 600f2 for it :p
Old 05-19-2004, 08:32 PM

ill pass on r1 .. im a gsxr fan .. esp the yellow/black
Old 05-19-2004, 09:08 PM

king is an unknown quantity at this point

wow you just passd on a mint "03" R1..hold on ill do it for you

how much you sellin the R1 for (just curious)
Old 05-19-2004, 09:11 PM

Stunt Jester 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

just keep your head up, your find something. I know there more than one yellow and black gixxer for sale.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:01 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about

I personally wouldn't keep my option so low as to only wanting a particular yrs and color. Sometimes there are better deals out there. YOu need to just get a bike bro and get riding and *** the color bullshit. Just get a bike man. The weather is too good to be pouting about not having a yellow and black bike. If you are willing to waste the $ then go ahead and check cycle trader and check around the country for one. Then just pay the shipping and the cost that they want for it.

Me personally, I like purchasinga bike I can see personally, ride, check out for underlying problems bro. Just use your best judgement.

Good luck. Something will pop up...
Old 05-20-2004, 01:53 AM

ya i am lookin for deals im not really color picky but 3 of my friends have the blue/white gsxr and to me they dont look as good .. some more of my friends have r6's ranging from 01-03 and i dont like em as much as gsxr ... so i was just going to stick with the gsxr it will be my 3rd so its like bike loyalty plus i already have my gear from my last yellow blk bike im just ready to hop on something and ride
Old 05-20-2004, 09:15 AM

Rodyowen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by king
wow you just passd on a mint "03" R1..hold on ill do it for you

how much you sellin the R1 for (just curious)
well id like to get 9000 for it. its pretty much all stock, except blinker and custom fender eliminator. it is also -1 up front and still have all original parts. i wont ship though, must be picked up. will meet within 100 miles of my house. if interested pm me, ill try to get some more pics for anyone interested.

also, i have the title in hand. no lien on bike, and im the original owner.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

so umm...seriously, i think the guy is lying. insurance difference between an 04 and an 02 might be like 20-40$ a year...i know from a 929 to a 954 when the 954 just came out my insurance didn't go up very much for the year....nothing that i would need a new high paying job for to pay the difference.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:23 PM

Spracky is an unknown quantity at this point

If you already got approved for the loan - would you be able to try to find another bike?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:36 PM

ya im lookin for another bike now ... i just want it local and i would prefer to get from a person and not a bike shop since bike shops jack up the price just b/c they can ... hopefully ill be on 2 wheels soon
Old 05-28-2004, 05:56 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

ya im lookin for another bike now ... i just want it local and i would prefer to get from a person and not a bike shop since bike shops jack up the price just b/c they can ... hopefully ill be on 2 wheels soon
how much are you looking to spend. i have a yellow black 00 gsxr750 -1+2
Old 05-28-2004, 08:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

RR_Rick is a decent person

that sucks man! I think alot of us have been in them shoes before...these bastards can back out of a deal everytime and act like "oh well I guess Im keeping it" bastards!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:11 PM

jbeeman3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man I got an 02 954rr that I will give you for 6500 it has a jardine pipe,smoked wind screen, 5600 miles, shaved turn signals and is very clean let me know I will send pics if you want just give me your email.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:45 PM

6500 out of my range sorry