Dealer not wanting to do warranty work.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:13 PM

ejmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealer not wanting to do warranty work.....

Called a local Yamaha dealer today (Springfield, Illinois) to get my bike brought in to check a Technical Service Bulletin on the coils. Keep in mind I have a 2 year extended warranty and the bike is under the existing Manufacturer Warranty.

Well I call them up and explain to them about the Techinical Service Bulletin and to see if they can get it in sometime. He asks where I purchase it from and I tell him Chicago Cycle. Immediately he tells me, "Well your going to have to take it to them for any work." WTF, they are a licensed Yamaha Dealer and are supposed to handle all warranty claims and repairs.

So I call Chicago Cycle and he tells me that any licensed Yamaha dealer has to do warranty work on a biek still under warranty. There is no way around that, under being licensed through yamaha they have to do it, they can not deny service on any valid warranty work.

So I call Overturf (Local Dealer) back up and the guy says that they(Chicago Cycle) are lying and they do not have too service motorcycles not purchased through them.

I would like to see a Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Mazda, etc... dealer try and pull that ****.

So I call up World of Powersports in Decatur, Il and they tell me that it would be no problem and they had me scheduled for an appointment within 2 minutes.

Big Thumbsup for World of Powersports
Big Thumbsdown for the Jackass at Overturf

Time to call Yamaha Customer Relations and file a complaint.

Anything else I can do?
Old 03-09-2004, 03:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ishc54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dealer not wanting to do warranty work.....

Make sure u get the name of the ******* at the yamaha shop and pass all that information to YAMAHA.... screw tha ****... he should be fired..
Old 03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Smokerr6
Make sure u get the name of the ******* at the yamaha shop and pass all that information to YAMAHA.... screw tha ****... he should be fired..
Fo sho....turn that dude in
Old 03-09-2004, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mofat01
Fo sho....turn that dude in

Eh i forgot to get his name, should I call them back and get a name.. .Looks like Yamaha customer relations is at lunch lol....
Old 03-09-2004, 03:20 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

sounds like a place around here
but all the people over there are overall *********

didnt inspedt my bike because my turnsignals were 10inches apart instead of 12

took it somewhere else with out the rear signals plate under the battery tray no problem getting it inspected
Old 03-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

I've dealt with the World of Powersports people ordering parts online from them. Really great shop and all. Their online micro-phish is great to use. I'm from IN and recommend them
Old 03-09-2004, 07:29 PM

little_e_fan_19 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the same problem with my suzuki i bought the fuel injector light came on with only 4 miles on the bike and i brought it to my local suzuki dealer and they tried to charge me so i called suzuki headquaters and they called my local suzuki dealer and get there **** straight so i paid nothing
Old 03-09-2004, 08:41 PM

Supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is how I see it. If someone doesnt want to work on it I'll go elsewhere. Cause if you **** them off by calling yamaha while your bike is in there **** always seems to come up after you get your bike back. Scratch, etc.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:47 PM

Rider4LX is an unknown quantity at this point

Bitches at Extreme Powersports kept me quad for over a month and by then it was not covered under warranty. What the ****.. oh my god I am gonna go ballisitic again I went off on that mother ****er.

"Sir.. We took your quad apart and it appears you have a broken transmission. The bill is $600 for time it took us to take it apart and put it back together.." Seriously I need to log off I am beyond mother ****ing mad right now.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:12 PM

FIZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Call Yamaha customer relations and explain it to them. The only reason they would not cover it is if you bought a "Dealership Warranty" which is only good for THAT dealership. Check your Yamaha paperwork, there should be a sticker attached to it somewhere that says that you have an extended warranty. If you can't find it or if you are still having problems with that dealership or getting in touch with Yamaha, call me at (630) 742-5768 or (630) 231-8700 and ask for Phil and I will get you the number for the Yamaha and I can also look it up for you and tell you if you have an extended warranty from Yamaha or from the dealer. Hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by FIZZ
Call Yamaha customer relations and explain it to them. The only reason they would not cover it is if you bought a "Dealership Warranty" which is only good for THAT dealership. Check your Yamaha paperwork, there should be a sticker attached to it somewhere that says that you have an extended warranty. If you can't find it or if you are still having problems with that dealership or getting in touch with Yamaha, call me at (630) 742-5768 or (630) 231-8700 and ask for Phil and I will get you the number for the Yamaha and I can also look it up for you and tell you if you have an extended warranty from Yamaha or from the dealer. Hope this helps.
Its still under factory warranty man
Old 03-09-2004, 09:59 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Supafly
Here is how I see it. If someone doesnt want to work on it I'll go elsewhere. Cause if you **** them off by calling yamaha while your bike is in there **** always seems to come up after you get your bike back. Scratch, etc.
This is definetly very true....it's amazing how things like this happend that noone knows about....and it sucks
Old 03-10-2004, 05:00 PM

MADDOGC5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smokerr6
YUP
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 PM

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude i went to the dealer that sold me my bike, they charged, me didnt fix the problem and when i brought it back the service mangers story of what they did didnt match the two seperate techs i talked to i said just give me my money back , they did didnt offer to do it again for free , i took it to another dealer like 30 miles away took it in the first time covered the problem under warrenty and i have gone there ever since. So dude get that F ers name give it to yamaha and take it else where they should fix it. if they dont get yamaha involved. :YEAH