Biker Killed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:07 PM

SexySueHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Biker Killed!

I know alot of us really didn't know him, but his Fiancee' Hasana Elliott has been a
very supportive person in my life, as a co-worker and a great friend. Please take a
moment and read this. Trent was a good man. He didn't deserve this!
http://legacy.com/dailyrepublic/Lega...rsonId=1715511
http://legacy.com/dailyrepublic/Gues...rsonID=1715511
Trenton Craig Coleman

May 8, 1979 _ Dec. 17, 2003
FAIRFIELD < A celebration of life for Trenton Craig Coleman, 24, is planned for 1 p.m. Tuesday
at New Hope Christian Fellowship, 730 E. Main St., Vacaville, with the Rev. Ben Randall officiating.
A graduate of Fairfield High School and Heald College, he majored in electronic technology.
Trent lived in Fairfield from birth and was known for his care of children, generosity to his friends
and love of his family. A talented mechanic, he was gifted
in motorcycle racing. Trent excelled in motocross, placing sixth in the state of California.
Promoted to glory Dec. 17, 2003, he awaits his mother and father, Craig and Donna Coleman
of Fairfield; sisters, Laura Coleman of
Fairfield and Melody Pruitt of Olympia, Wash.; grandmother, Dolores Braesch of Fairfield; uncle,
Mike Braesch of Las Vegas;
fiancee, Hasana Elliott; and three cousins, two nieces, four nephews and a host of loving friends.
His young life had a deep impact on those who knew him and his gentle caring touched many.
Trenton will be deeply missed.
Friends may call at 5-9 p.m. Monday at Bryan-Braker Funeral Home. Inurnment will be private.
Published in the Daily Republic on 12/21/2003.
Guest Book • Flowers & gifts • Charities

Fairfield man shot, killed - 12th homicide in city this year
By Jeff Mitchell
FAIRFIELD -- Police on Thursday said they are hot on the trail of the person suspected of killing a 24-year-old local man who was gunned down on a central Fairfield street late Wednesday night.
Trenton Craig Coleman's shooting death shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday represents the city's 12th homicide in 2003, breaking a decade-long record for killings in a single year.

Around 9:45 p.m. Coleman was walking to his car on the 1700 block of San Jose Court when an assailant opened fire, striking him at least once in the upper chest, Fairfield police Lt. Michael Hill said. Coleman was transported to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield where he died of his injuries a short time later.

Coleman was apparently visiting the home of a childhood friend on San Jose Court at the time of the shooting.

"We didn't hear anything. I all know is that he left and then came running back inside telling us that he had been shot," said the mother of Coleman's friend, who declined to give her name fearing for her safety. "We called 911 but it seemed to take forever to get any help."
Coleman's assailant was either sitting in his car or was right next to it, waiting for him, when the fatal confrontation occurred, she said.
"I don't know what started this or why this man did what he did," the woman said. "This is a good neighborhood. It wasn't a drug or a gang thing."
The shooter was described as an black male in his 20s, 5 foot 10 inches to 5 foot 11 inches in height, with short hair. The assailant was last seen wearing a black jacket, baggy pants and brown boots, Hill said. He fled the scene in a dark-colored 1970s-era Pontiac Firebird or Trans Am driven by another suspect.
Police didn't immediately have the driver's physical description and no other injuries were reported. As of late Thursday, no arrests in the case had been made.
"We're going full-out on this investigation - everyone I have is working on some aspect of it," Hill said. "At this point, we don't know why this man was shot. We're still doing critical interviews to determine those facts."
Record-breaking year
Coleman's killing, which breaks a single-year total for slayings in Fairfield set in 1993, reverberated through the city's civic center Thursday.
Police department statistics showed that after 1993's 11 killings, the number of slayings in the city began to drop precipitously. In 1994 there eight killings while from 1995 to 2001 the number of slayings never exceeded four in a year. That trend changed significantly in 2002 when the number of killings jumped up to six homicides.

The incident Wednesday comes less than a month after the Nov. 26 fatal stabbing of Kathryn Iola Vitagliano, a 55-year-old retired psychiatric technician who was found dead in the living room of her Robin Drive home.
Fairfield Vice Mayor Harry Price said he was saddened by the news, but explained the killing spree as a tragic statistical blip in an otherwise safe city.
"The 12 homicides have occurred all over the city," Price said. "This is an anomaly - I'm confident there's no grand plan to do evil in Fairfield."
The City Council is committed to making Fairfield as safe as it can possibly be, but will never be able to put a cop on every street corner, he added.
"We're doing everything we can. Believe me, this is extremely frustrating," Price said. "I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone."

The city hired six new officers who graduated last weekend from the Napa Valley Police Academy, Price said. A seventh officer, a transfer from the city of Eureka, has also been hired and will join the force soon, officials said.

The council will continue to work closely with police Chief William R. Gresham to make sure the city is doing everything it can to make Fairfield safe.
"Next month we will have our annual city retreat and you can bet public safety will be at the top of the agenda," Price said.

The spate of deaths has confounded Gresham, who admitted investigating the slayings have significantly taxed his department.

However, the chief said now with 114 sworn officers - up from 103 a year ago - the department is determined to solve each of the killings. He noted nine of the 12 slayings committed this year have been solved by department investigators.

"(We) have poured hundreds and hundreds of hours into the homicide investigations conducted this year," he said. "We will spare no expense, nor leave any stone unturned, in our quest for justice."
Reach Jeff Mitchell at 427-6977 or jmitchell@dailyrepublic.net.

Fairfield man shot, killed - 12th homicide in city this year

FAIRFIELD -- Police on Thursday said they are hot on the trail of the person suspected of killing a 24-year-old local man who was gunned down on a central Fairfield street late Wednesday night.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:14 PM

JONESER is a decent person
Sorry to hear about this....
God bless his family & friends.

RIP
Old 12-22-2003, 05:37 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough
may he rest in peace........my condolences go out to his family and friends
Old 12-22-2003, 05:47 PM

gixxer750rider will become famous soon enough
R.I.P
Old 12-22-2003, 06:12 PM

ENASNI TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear it, RIP
Old 12-22-2003, 06:46 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
RIP
Old 12-22-2003, 07:13 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve
RIP
Old 12-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:35 PM

covertwar is a decent person
Old 12-22-2003, 10:31 PM

CCrash is an unknown quantity at this point
RIP
Old 12-23-2003, 10:45 AM
dbc
Regular StuntLifer

dbc is an unknown quantity at this point
R.I.P.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:59 AM

EndoPro is an unknown quantity at this point
Condolences to the family and friends. RIP.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
R.I.P.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:51 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dactyl is an unknown quantity at this point
rest in peace. my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.....
Old 12-24-2003, 12:05 PM

RedHot is an unknown quantity at this point
R I P