New Motorcycle Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:40 AM

Bshyster is an unknown quantity at this point
New Motorcycle Jacket

I want to get a new Jacket for this fall. I want a black leather jacket that I can wear when I ride my bike to school.

The thing is I don't want to look like a MotoGP star all day long at school. So any suggestions on a plain looking Leather jacket?
Old 09-30-2003, 11:54 AM

clumbsybiker is an unknown quantity at this point
check out joe rocket and first-gear.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:08 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
i have an all black teknik that im happy with and was cheaper than the average, check those out
Old 09-30-2003, 01:35 PM

FiNNiSH StuNNa is an unknown quantity at this point
Alpinestars Stunt is a jacket
Old 09-30-2003, 03:15 PM

That Alpine star stunt jacket is a little too flashy to be wearing around school all day. Thats an example of the MotoGP look I was trying to avoid.

That Teknic Thunder Jacket for only $256 looks pretty sharp. Its just plain black. I think I could walk around campus all day wearing that without drawing too much attention to myself.

Anyone else have a Teknic thunder Jacket or some other suggestions?
Old 09-30-2003, 03:31 PM

Ballistic_22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive got the Alpine TZ 1 its not too bad, but after I bought it I saw the GPSTAR Superstar and wish I had gotten that. The Starboyz jacket is really pimp too. my .02
Old 09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
Who cares what other people think....and if you wear it all day ....you're gay anyhow

That jacket is meant to protect you....not to sport at school.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Schniggy02zx6r is an unknown quantity at this point
i wear or carry mine all day while im at my school, where else you gonna put a $300 or so jacket, leave it on your bike, yeah right
Old 09-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
Originally posted by R6bbie
Who cares what other people think....and if you wear it all day ....you're gay anyhow

:YEAH
Old 09-30-2003, 04:07 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually your a *** if you walk around all day with your Joe Rocket or Team Suzuki jackets saying look at me I ride a motorcycle.

I don't know what this guy is talking about I can't sport it to school. I ride 40 minutes a day 3 times a week to school and your saying I can't sport my jacket to school. Am I supposed to freeze my ***** off, and what if I wreck on the twisties on my way to school.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:15 PM

Jay6 is a decent person
Originally posted by Bshyster
quote:

Actually your a *** if you walk around all day with your Joe Rocket or Team Suzuki jackets saying look at me I ride a motorcycle.

I don't know what this guy is talking about I can't sport it to school. I ride 40 minutes a day 3 times a week to school and your saying I can't sport my jacket to school. Am I supposed to freeze my ***** off, and what if I wreck on the twisties on my way to school.
Exactly, find something that is warm and is gonna keep your skin attached to your body. Who gives a **** what u look like wearing it around. Just my .02
Old 09-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
Damn, does it get that cold in texas??? I hate for you to live here in the Midwest. You'd be looking like dumb and dumber on that little Moped they had in the first movie(LOL) freezing your ballz off

Fonzy from happy days always rocked his jacket no matter where he went, why cant you(LOL)???

I think what R6b is trying to say is, wear it to school and dont worry about what people have to say. Its protection, not looks.

Just like my friends without bikes was making fun of my filedsheer jacket. Saying it looked all tight and why dont I get a bigger size(I guess so it baggy). And I told them its made for protection, not to look cool. idiots
Old 09-30-2003, 06:58 PM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Motorcycle Jacket

Originally posted by Bshyster
I want to get a new Jacket for this fall. I want a black leather jacket that I can wear when I ride my bike to school.

The thing is I don't want to look like a MotoGP star all day long at school. So any suggestions on a plain looking Leather jacket?
Icon just released their new black leather jackets for 2004 and they look really good and its still casual enough. I just checked their site and cant find a picture yet but it is already on sale here in Coloado.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:11 AM

apchasse is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got the new Icon black and white jacket. It is called the Neo Daytona. It looks good whether you are riding or casual. You should check it out. www.kneedraggers.com has the best price I could find.. I attached a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	newjacket.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	36506  
Old 10-02-2003, 12:46 AM

That is a sharp looking jacket. It's a little spendy though $349 ouch.

I wish I wouldn't have spent 120 on that stupid Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket. Its too hot here in the summer to wear it, and when it starts to get cool the wind cuts right through it. there's really no time of year to wear the phoenix jacket.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:14 PM

apchasse is an unknown quantity at this point
Kneedraggers has it for only 280 though, I dont know if that is out of your price range too. I know, the joe rocket jacket is not as nice as it seems..
Old 10-02-2003, 01:36 PM

I went to that kneedraggers link. Thats where I saw it for 349. There was two of them a $400 and a $350 one.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:01 PM

madcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out www.SpeedRag.com
Very happy with the looks and quality of this jacket.
Easily up there with Joe Rocket stuff if not better IMHO.
Cant beat the price either. Call and ask for Jack.
He's the man. 1-800-596-1356 x 13

Old 10-03-2003, 09:28 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
actually this is an old jacket for 2003... they are coming out with a couple new ones in the next couple months, but ICON is never available, I would honestly say if your looking for style and comfort and protection go with SPEEDRAG
Old 10-03-2003, 11:12 AM

JACK@SPEEDRAG is an unknown quantity at this point
Madcow,

Thanks for the feedback! We are going for the look that when you get off your bike, you dont neccessarily look like you just got off a bike. And at $275 you cant beat the price especially with a full liner. And bye the way, Kristy, this is the all new fall '03 leather jacket that will be worn by Dan Jackson, Patrick Stephens, and Chauncey Veiera. Its already getting good reviews, so lets see if we cant get Bill to pick the line up. Ask Johnny about the gloves, you cant go wrong at $40 retail. Madcow, looking forward to getting you more Speedrag gear. Just give me a shout.

Jack
Speedrag

Quick Reply: New Motorcycle Jacket