Rider went down lightly

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 03:09 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Rider went down lightly

We went riding last night around these hairy *** turns. These are not for the faint of heart. Your good if you can get it to 3rd gear. There was about 38 riders and a few harley ridders. The harley ridders belive it or not held their own and even refused to wear a helmet. One of the guys had his wife on the back. The age of these guys were 24,27,28. Anyways, I didn't want to stay up front as this was my first time here and didn't want to hold anybody up. The first group took off and then I went right behind this 2003 R1. Then these other guys (R6, a YZF 600 , and someothers. I wanted to go but the way they talked about it it seemed like it was very difficult. I can say it isn't for a beginner to hammer but I gave it what I could not knowing what was around the next corner. Well, the 03 R1 and I were off and past the last group up. It was just me and him. He wasn't going very fast so I wanted to make a pass but then I saw the road veered to the right and there was a gravel road straight ahead for about 10 ft and then there was a barb wire fence. He went straight and he almost saved it but hit that gravel and slipped out. He scraped his left side of the bike and broke the mirror. He was alright but was complaining later about soreness.....

Then when we met up with the front riders they said another one of the guys went down too. I am going to ride with them next Tues when they meet up again.

It was pretty cool though. On the freeway there you would stay in the right lane and watch the stunters go in the fast lane. They were doing wheelies, Christs, and a few other things...

All in all it turned out to be a pretty fun night...........

Hopefully soon I can do some fast lane stunts
Old 09-10-2003, 07:32 PM

madcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like fun. Glad no one was hurt.