929rr expert needed, powercommander and maps

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 10:34 AM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point
929rr expert needed, powercommander and maps

I have a 929 with full erion exhaust, k and n filter, power commander, and the correct map loaded from dynojet.

Problem: Any throttle range, from idle to 2500 rpms the bike hesitates alot, like say if i'm practicing 12's and I roll along at 2-3 miles per hour and then crack the throttle it boggs out until it hits about 2500 rpms, and this occures at any throttle range.

1. Anyone else have, or had this problem, how did you fix it.

2. Does anyone have a custom map that I can try, or know how to fix this problem.

my email is

miltown@miltownwheelieboyz.com

Old 08-01-2003, 06:09 PM

Gearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Best way to get throttle problems sorted out is to have it put on a dyno and custom mapped. But when you put on a full system, the pipes are tuned to make more power in the upper rpm ranges rather than at the low rpm ranges. My bike does this too, and I have an Arata full system with PC3R. BTW- take that damn K&N airfilter off and put the stock on back on. Plenty of dyno tests have shown that K&N filters on the 929 actually rob it of power, not increase it. You also might try doing just a dab of the clutch when you're bringing it up and maybe help out on the boggin problems.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:03 AM

thanks il try that
Old 08-04-2003, 09:26 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont like the sounds of this. I just put a full Erion on my 929 and have the same flat spots. Everyone says that it will go away with a power commander. Sounds like its gonna take some work.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:29 PM

Buddy of mine works at a shop in about a week i plan on getting it dynoed again, right now i have a hybrid of two maps

from 0-3000 rpms i have the akro full exhaust map, which seems to run better then the erion full map.

then the rest was the erion map, modified from dyno runs, by modifying the map i was able to get 3 more horses, the erion map seemed to run real rich.

Since then, i installed the flap in the airbox, previous owner had removed it, and i think i will try a stock air filter, so with these changes i'm going to get it dynoed again.

If anyone wants to try the map, I have, or the one i will have then hit me up

jesse
Old 08-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BrynBaily is an unknown quantity at this point
been there tried that...

I had the same problem. I had a custom map done, and it pulled like no other in the mid and top end, problem being when I start to slo things down & scrapin the commander seemed to make it jerky and unpredictible. I took it off and everything smoothed out. Give it a try and see what you think. It def made good power for me but made stuntin alot harder to learn. good luck to ya..
Old 08-04-2003, 07:12 PM

miked is an unknown quantity at this point
pc

from experience i think you should take that power commander off. All it does is make the bike harder to stunt/ride around town