racers, stunters and travellers! Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:24 PM

MORIYM is an unknown quantity at this point
racers, stunters and travellers! Need opinions

I'm going to be doing a ton of track days and some am racing in 09. As of right now I've got my pickup with a cap and bed in back pulling a 6 X 12 enclosed trailer. I have used this with no trouble for a couple of seasons, but this year I'll be doing far more driving and multi day events. Need more liveable space for the wife and other tag alongs. I've been thinking of a motorhome to pull my trailer. I've also looked at toyhaulers. Just wondering who has used what setups and what they prefer, pros and cons. I have given myself a decent budget for this so money isn't the biggest concern.

If you are a travelling racer or stunter and have a good setup on the go, please pass along your thoughts on what has worked for you. Thanx

Please this is not a if a I won the lottery post, I'm am looking for real people with real experience to respond thanks

Last edited by MORIYM; 12-28-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Re: racers, stunters and travellers! Need opinions

Bump.................tons of pros and travelling ams on here, nobody have suggestions?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

I would have to say toyhaulers are the best... But thats just me I have used a trailor and truck... Tried with the camper and track that was horible and then my uncle got his toyhauler and i love it. You have the room to live and for your bikes all in one How can you beat it :P
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

when i raced MX we had a box van that we converted the front half to a sleeper and the back to a hauler/shop. worked good for a while but no toilet or water hook ups. after that we got one of those 5th wheel trailers that is part camper, part hauler/shop and it was the ****. think the brand of ours was "fun hauler". best **** ever. all the luxury of home, water hook ups for shower/cooking/toilet and comfortable beds, the back had tons of cabinets and hooks all over the place for carrying multiple bikes, and if you wanna un-hook and run to the store you can just drive your truck. LOOK INTO THESE!

keep in mind if you buy a motor home and pull your trailer then you are screwed for getting around town for the weekend unless your wife follows you out in another vehicle.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by IV
when i raced MX we had a box van that we converted the front half to a sleeper and the back to a hauler/shop. worked good for a while but no toilet or water hook ups. after that we got one of those 5th wheel trailers that is part camper, part hauler/shop and it was the ****. think the brand of ours was "fun hauler". best **** ever. all the luxury of home, water hook ups for shower/cooking/toilet and comfortable beds, the back had tons of cabinets and hooks all over the place for carrying multiple bikes, and if you wanna un-hook and run to the store you can just drive your truck. LOOK INTO THESE!
Us MX peeps ride in style
Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

i rock the 98 ford f-150 ext cab w/third door 4x4 with a 6x12 enclosed interstate trailer with generator and compressor mounted on front/tongue area..the trailer hauls 3 bikes(stunt)comfortably with room for toolboxes,gear,schwag,etc.then you still have the cab and third door for passengers and gear and getting dressed,and the bed for 2 more stunt bikes or 3 pit bikes..it seems to be ok so far after 6 months,but i havent really went cross country yet,just used for shows within 200 miles and hauling to the lots..but i think the best way would be a toy hauler setup like a house being towed by a similiar rig,even 2wd, but new as possible
Old 01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

Originally Posted by IV

keep in mind if you buy a motor home and pull your trailer then you are screwed for getting around town for the weekend unless your wife follows you out in another vehicle.
Originally Posted by T/C
Us MX peeps ride in style

when i rode MX we would fit 4 250's in a ford f150 4 guys in the cab and roll............. damn i was poor!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by classic customs
when i rode MX we would fit 4 250's in a ford f150 4 guys in the cab and roll............. damn i was poor!

I know the poor feeling :P Lol im just lucky and my uncle has money and likes comeing to races with me so helps me out a ton... Not so much now that i dont really race anymore though
Old 01-09-2009, 11:00 PM

I was seriously considering the toy haulers. Until I took inventory of all the sh*t I have in the enclosed as is. Spare wheels and tires, fuel, leathers,compressor, tire changer, tools, bikes etc. The thing with the toy hauler is all this stuff has to come out so you can drop the beds and tables and sh*t! The only toy hauler I've seen that has it's own actual garage portion was like 41' plus the length of tow vehicle is a larger set up than what I want. I looked at a 28' motorhome to pull my trailer that would be 40' as opposed to 60'?!! I have thought of the ability to have a vehicle to get around in, but my pitbike is actually a street plated kymco scooter, so I should be good! The other thing with the actual motorhome is it'll be more comfy for long drives, better than cramming everyone in the pickup. Haven't settled for sure yet, it may come down to the best deals I find. Thanks for the input folks
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by MORIYM
I was seriously considering the toy haulers. Until I took inventory of all the sh*t I have in the enclosed as is. Spare wheels and tires, fuel, leathers,compressor, tire changer, tools, bikes etc. The thing with the toy hauler is all this stuff has to come out so you can drop the beds and tables and sh*t! The only toy hauler I've seen that has it's own actual garage portion was like 41' plus the length of tow vehicle is a larger set up than what I want. I looked at a 28' motorhome to pull my trailer that would be 40' as opposed to 60'?!! I have thought of the ability to have a vehicle to get around in, but my pitbike is actually a street plated kymco scooter, so I should be good! The other thing with the actual motorhome is it'll be more comfy for long drives, better than cramming everyone in the pickup. Haven't settled for sure yet, it may come down to the best deals I find. Thanks for the input folks
well post some pics of whatever you end up doing.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

a small rv and your trailer sounds like the way to go for the situation your in , i have a conversion van and a small trailer that works great for an over night deal but any longer then that and im spending one night in the van and one night in a hotel ... i have a bed ,tv and a dvd player in the van but no running water
Old 01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

RV and Trailer is the most comfortable way to travel! 5th wheel and truck if you dont mind stopping to use the restroom and if you need a vehicle to drive when you arrive to the track. If you plan out the trip you wont need to drive anywhere when you arrive. You will have food, gas, etc all on site. If needed, pick up a scooter to drive to the store!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Coltons setup is

Name:  1-11-2009Sandlake250.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  57.1 KB
Old 01-12-2009, 02:28 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Coltons setup is

colton...did the external radio catch on fire? or is that just a shadow?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Coltons setup is

thats what ours looked like. only it had some decals all over it.