Yamaha R6 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 AM

extreme660 is a decent person
Yamaha R6 problems

I purchased a 06 R6 and before I even rode the bike i did a cat delete and now there seem like it's something missing in power, now do I need a power commander and if i did a power commander do I have to have the bike dynoed or is that system plug and play.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Yamaha R6 problems

well your first problem is you purchased an R6.

why do something like that before even riding the bike??

depending on what kind of system you get you should be able to hook it up yourself. Unless of course you have no idea how to work on bikes. then you should take it somewhere.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Maybe you need to skool me, I thought the race edition R6 was a good bike and also i figured out the problem, I'm still have the stock silencer on which has that exhaust flap and the cables that control it was loose, once i tighten it up she had full power but what i did instead of ordering the fuel injection control I order a new slip on to eliminate the exhaust flap.

But if you could let me know what so bad about the r6
Old 07-16-2008, 01:33 AM

killthatoneguy is a decent person

just a backpressure problem those r6s seem to run best with the stock stuff or a full system
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM

I thought I figured out the problem but i guess not, it dosen't break up around 8k rpm but now it won't go pass 14k rpm, I thinkn about one of those fuel moto power commander, has anyone useed one of those.