Wtf!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:14 AM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wtf!

Ok, bout two months ago my stator went out. I had to replace both my stator and battery. Took me two months because of waiting for parts and me doin some lil extras here and there on my bike. Been ridin her again for like 2 weeks, maybe if that and the same thing happened last night again. Was riding, came to a stop at a light. Looked down, saw that my display started not working so i gunned it home. Pulled up to my storage unit and had to shut the bike off so i can get my keys out of the trunk and when i went to turn it on again it didnt do *****. Im hopin it aint the stator or battery again. Im gonna hook the battery up to a charger tonight after i get off of work just so hopefully i can save it this time. I have a six month warranty on the stator. Could it be anything else? I heard on some other bikes that the rectifier could go bad as well? What is it exactly and what the hell does it do? Im gonna bring the bike into the stealership so they can hook it up and test it as soon as my ramp and tie downs get here. Im just ****in pissed cause it took me so long to fix the problem and i could only ride her for bout 2 weeks now. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:00 PM

Re: Wtf!

Can anybody think of something else that would be wrong. Im not much of a mechanic and im an even worse electrician. But, i can fix somethin if i know what it is. Think its the rectifier?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

first thing to do would be pull the battery and take it to an advanced auto or carquest or wherever you bought it and have them check it. If it's only 2 months old it's still under warranty. Then get the bike running again and check the charging voltage with a multimeter. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be exactly but it should be like 14.2v @ 5,000 rpm... Check your manual. If it's not the right charging voltage it's either your reg/rec or stator. If not, you could have a short somewhere that's draining your battery, or you could just have a bad battery.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

1st rule in the world of riding a Honda...always carry a spare rectifier.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:51 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Change your blinker fluid
Old 05-21-2007, 12:23 AM

selbystunts is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^wtf hahahaha
Old 05-21-2007, 12:39 AM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

yeah either the blinker fluid if not throw in some windshield washer fluid
Old 05-21-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by DBoy
Change your blinker fluid
u know...that was almost funny homo but not quit there. try better next time, ok
Old 05-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Quit Where What Huh