Ride wit an MP3 player?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 AM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ride wit an MP3 player?

Anybody ride wit an mp3? How the hell u get the earbuds to stay? Helmet pulls them bit ches out everytime i put it on
Old 11-29-2006, 09:11 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
Re: Ride wit an MP3 player?

nope. im a stunter so i like to hear my rpms and be insynch with my bike
Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

but i've seen some people with special headphones for the helmet and they sell em at most shops
Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 AM

Malicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud of

I havent yet.. im interested in the post however, I just picked up a new mp3 player phone for riding and the gym. this assclown we used to ride with used to do it, but he wore a bandana under his helmet
Old 11-29-2006, 10:12 AM

187mustang is an unknown quantity at this point

I do it all the time. I have some earbuds that came with me MP3 and teh have a rubber on them instead of a foam cover. I just put them in my ears and when I pull my helmet on my ears fold over them for a sec, then I'll reach a finger in my helmet and make sure they are sitting in my ear good. and away I go. I use it everytime I ride, I love it.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:27 AM

cagedF-four-I is an unknown quantity at this point

I can’t roll like that. I like to use all my damn senses rollin in some places…….. ****…I hear – see – and even smell cars if it means they don’t run their silly *** into me.

5 Bikes so far… no accidents (while traveling with the flow of traffic – on two wheels – on the seat – just riding) yet! Knock on wood!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:34 AM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

I do... Its great, once you do it you wont want to ride without music. It makes me ride like an *** though cause a song will come on and I will get all pumped up and ****, but as far as the them not pulling out of your ears, go ask your local shop about chatterbox headphones they should work
Old 11-29-2006, 11:01 AM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I have done it when I am riding at the spot by myself.. Hard to get pumped up with just a few peeps watching. If I have other stunters there I like to hear everything going on and ussually they pump me up. Oh and I just let the headphones kinda set in the ear pocket on the helmet once it's on. An ipod turned will still drown out even the sound of my exhaust..
Old 11-29-2006, 02:49 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive been lettin them kinda sit in my ear pockets for the last couple nights and had it turned up almost all the way and when im goin i can only hear the beat a lil bit. it is enought to get me goin a bit but i do wanna here the song more than my exhaust. the only time i have to ride is at night and their aint to many cars out here at night and i tend to stay away from them anyways. ive been doin some searchin for a min today and seen some headsets that kinda go over your year like and have the buds curl up and in, might try those. thanks for the info tho
Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM

pigs01GSXR2 will become famous soon enough

YAAAAAAAAA rock the Ipod while on long trips its the Shait.........but I get all pumped up and its like Im a hero without a cause
Old 11-29-2006, 03:01 PM

illsidesniper can only hope to improve

yea the foam one **** ill just be walk down the street and they would fall out my buddy got the rubber one works like a charm:YEAH
Old 11-29-2006, 03:20 PM

187mustang is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it. I can still hear the wind/ exhaust and cars but the music helps drown out much of the wind noise and keeps you from getting bored.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Yea, I ride wit my i-pod in all the time :YEAH I don't have any problems keepin the ear buds in
It is fookin great !! Especialy on the ride to work. Not to stunt (I'm squidly)
I do ride like a fool when something like knickleback ( animals) or something fast comes on. I can still hear the bike and feel my rev's NO problem. As a matter of fact i ride good and hard with them on and feel smoooooooth
Old 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I ride with them in but after a while the helmet with your headphones in makes your ears sore.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

KidCr3nshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I might get flames for saying so...

But it's already bad enough while riding, having to look and drive for every other idiot with more car than brains...

I can't understand why you'd want to take away one of your senses like that. I would never ride in traffic with headphones on...

Maybe on fairly clear highway, maybe.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
MOTO DOC

WHEELIE4U is an unknown quantity at this point

when im on a long ride to the hills or something like that ill use my mp3 phone ,,you can get a bluetooth headset made for a full face helment

rocks,,no wires just put the helment on and go only bad part is the phones allways ringing
Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

:YEAH use some duct tape
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 PM

Malicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud ofMalicki has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pigs01GSXR2
YAAAAAAAAA rock the Ipod while on long trips its the Shait.........but I get all pumped up and its like Im a hero without a cause
+1

ever get a song in your head... without the mp3 player.. and just start goin nuts??

eh...maybe its just me.

:YEAH
Old 11-30-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by KidCr3nshaw
I might get flames for saying so...

But it's already bad enough while riding, having to look and drive for every other idiot with more car than brains...

I can't understand why you'd want to take away one of your senses like that. I would never ride in traffic with headphones on...

Maybe on fairly clear highway, maybe.

I agree with you on the "having to look and drive for every other idiot" part, thats always true.
I guess I just kinda look at it like this... .if your wearing a helmet, your not going to hear alot of whats going on behind you anyway, thats what you look in the mirrors for ( if you have mirrors, we are talking about street riding here) the only diff is your drowning out noisey bs and filling your head with the music you love... in any case... maybe you could refer to the superhero post and wip in and out of traffic with ease if properly motivated.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:52 PM

Mayhem FerNie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done it a few times on my way to work but I don't do it often. Get a chatterbox and get the audio cord for your mp3 player and you are able to hear the music in the chatterbox speakers inside your helmet.

Quick Reply: Ride wit an MP3 player?