Look at this Filth........and on of all places ESPN

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 AM

hotstang46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at this Filth........and on of all places ESPN

In case no one's posted about this here........it's filth and shouldn't be tolerated.....If you guys have 5 mins, send an email and let them know about your anger and demand feedback from em......GARBAGE If your pissed...here's the place to send em feedback...and of all places ESPN DON'T THEY KNOW WHO THEIR TARGET AUDIENCE IS?!?!.......
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/feedback.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...erbrook/060808

Quote:
Sayonara, Hayabusa: "It remains totally ridiculous, to say nothing of immature, that Ben Roethlisberger, or anyone, rides a motorcycle without a helmet." (From TMQ in August 2005.)
Helmet aside, this is what Roethlisberger was straddling when he wiped out -- a Suzuki Hayabusa, advertised by the manufacturer as "the fastest production bike on the planet." The Hayabusa has a 160-horsepower engine, same as the new Ford Fusion sedan. But the motorcycle weighs 478 pounds, while a Fusion tips the scales at 3,101 pounds. This means a Hayabusa throbs with seven times the horsepower-to-weight ratio of a modern car. Another vehicle with a 160-horsepower engine is the Cessna 172 Skyhawk, with a maximum takeoff weight of 2,450 pounds. Roethlisberger's bike had five times the power-to-weight ratio of an airplane, and minimum-weight criteria dominate aircraft design. The Hayabusa boasts a peak speed of almost 200 miles per hour, but since no street rider ever approaches peak speed, in everyday circumstances what the power is used for is acceleration. The bike accelerates from zero to 100 miles per hour in three seconds, which is astonishing. The new Corvette Z06, the fastest Corvette ever, accelerates from zero to 60 in 3.8 seconds, plenty dazzling enough. But the Hayabusa gets to 100 miles per hour faster than the best Corvette reaches 60 miles per hour. One-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, one-thousand-three -- your Hayabusa is now moving 100 miles per hour.

Like all max-performance bikes, the Hayabusa is basically a big engine with two wheels and a seat. There are no safety mechanisms: no roll bars, no shoulder harness, no impact-absorbing beams, no air bags, not even bumpers. Acceleration of max-performance motorcycles is wildly disproportionate to driving needs. The only real use of the acceleration ability is road rage -- to drag-race from stoplights, cut others off in traffic, speed like mad. Perhaps you've been on a highway when a couple colorful high-performance bikes have roared past you at far over the speed limit. The people on the bikes may be morons, which is their problem. But their antisocial behavior is your problem, since vehicles moving significantly faster than the speed of traffic are a leading cause of accidents.

This column isn't much of a fan of the tort bar, yet wonders why litigators have not put the Hayabusa and similar overpowered bikes out of business. High-performance street motorcycles are socially irresponsible, and designed without regard for the safety of riders. Roethlisberger and others who buy high-performance bikes don't wish anyone harm, they're just looking for an ego rocket. But harm is what they cause, and legislatures should intervene. The Constitution says you've got a right to own a gun and to read a newspaper; firearms and materials related to First Amendment political, artistic and religious expression are the only categories of purchases with specific constitutional protection. Race a mega-motorcycle on a private track? Sure. But public roads are subject to public regulation. Our nation's laws do not confer any "right" to operate on public roads a high-horsepower bike, anymore than there's a "right" to drive a bulldozer down the middle of an interstate. It is past time the high-horsepower motorcycle was regulated off the roads. The intended use of these bikes is lawbreaking!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:35 AM

MidwayAV8R is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Look at this Filth........and on of all places ESPN

What a load of crap! Mr. Roethlisberger might be a moron, but that doesn't make all the rest of us one. I am licensed, Motorcycle Safety Foundation Expert Rider Course trained, and very experienced. I have seen street riders that shouldn't be, but for the most part it's the cages that kill motorcyclists, not the other way around.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 AM

adowdell is an unknown quantity at this point

I left them my .02 worth!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

street goes both ways. if the government starts stopping bikes on the road. then it will probably do it for all vehicles that are capable of those speeds....which would put a lot of high end cars on the list of the ones that can be on the road.

it's not like espn can make legislation....just ignore the niave person and carry on with the day
Old 08-10-2006, 12:14 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Absolute bullshit.

This is what I had to say to the bastages.........

"I am absolutely disgusted and appalled with this article about Roethlisberger and the Hayabusa. This article is degrading to motorcyclists everywhere and should not be tolerated. Usually I have great respect for the stories, programs and articles that come from your company, but this one here has completely shattered all of that. I can not believe a company of your stature would allow this garbage to be printed. The story is solely one-sided and obviously one journalist’s obscure view on the motorcycle lifestyle. This article takes one situation (with a moron who obviously can not ride properly) and throws a pretty large blanket over the entire motorcycle community.

"The people on the bikes may be morons, which is their problem."

Morons? I think the only moron here is Roethlisberger and the author of this article.

"The only real use of the acceleration ability is road rage -- to drag-race from stoplights, cut others off in traffic, speed like mad."

So I guess all motorcyclists are road raged lunatics that drag race everywhere they go causing harm to anyone who gets in their path. Is that what ESPN is saying?

"Roethlisberger and others who buy high-performance bikes don't wish anyone harm, they're just looking for an ego rocket."

I’m not even going into this one. This is obviously a statement from a person who has never ridden a day in their life or even talked to a rider in person for that matter.

These, like others in the article, are very strong and inexcusable quotes. Anyone who is a part of ESPN should be extremely ashamed. I, as I'm sure the rest of the motorcycle community, am outraged and sickened by this misconstrued view of the motorcycle lifestyle. I believe a lengthy apology is due to riders everywhere and would greatly appreciate a response."
Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

My note:
I am offended by ESPNs attack on Suzuki, and motorcyclists in general. I found the Hayabusa article to be lacking in facts and overly strong on uninformed opinion. How is the author of said article to know what motivates anyone to ride a motorcycle, drive a car, or anything else? Is he psychic? If you want to do an informed piece on motorcycles or the people who ride them, I advise you start with an informed journalist and go from there.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:30 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Every time I look at that article I want to kick that guy in the nuts.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:52 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That article is stupid. Just another example of "political correctness", which is an absolute poison in today's society.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:59 PM

hotstang46 is an unknown quantity at this point

a ninja 250 has a higher horsepower to weight ratio than the plane he quoted... those should be banned too!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:31 PM

MidwayAV8R is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW, I didn't mention that I fly a Bell 206 L4 helicopter for a living, you should see some of the things I do in it!!! Nobody threatens to take my license or ban the use of helicopters.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

FVCK ESPN
Old 08-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Livin the nightmare

JoeT. is an unknown quantity at this point

Let em have it
Mthr Fckrs!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:04 AM

Matt600 is an unknown quantity at this point

I let em' know what i think of their article, but I'm just a "road raged moron" on an "overpowered colorful sportbike" so it's not like my opinion matters
Old 08-11-2006, 03:37 AM
GAME OVER *****

0410R will become famous soon enough0410R will become famous soon enough

''I think the only moron here is Roethlisberger and the author of this article''

very very very true
Old 08-11-2006, 04:01 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

i left my response

i loved how he failed to mention how he wasnt a licensed driver
Old 08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Nascency Project Ninja

nascency_heidi is a decent person

MINE:
Don’t get me wrong, I like being told what to do and how to think by a corporation that caters to mono-syllabic athletes as much as the next person…. But I think you may have gotten this one wrong. Ban fast bikes? What about the kids with the tuner cars that drag race down your local Main St.?
Or the guy, on his 600cc bike, going home, riding legally (helmet and all)? How about the person driving the Ford Taurus that t-boned and killed him because he was too busy playing with the radio? Ban Taurus’! Maybe even radios. Possibly just all brunettes, they seem to cause a lot of problems, too.

I think maybe there should be an IQ test for all professional athletes. No? Why, because that would group everyone together and be unfair to certain individuals? Yeah, that would be wrong.
It seems like every other day another highly paid, borderline retarded individual that was on your highlight reel is on the news for doing something stupid. Why is it that this one time you decided to take down every other person that rides while crucifying Ben? Trust me, he is the last person that comes to mind when thinking of someone who exemplifies sport bike riders.

Point here is, thank you for doing your bit in helping justify the bad reputation we sport bike enthusiasts already have.
Heidi

P.S. on a side note, I’d like to say cheers! for airing the National Spelling Bee as opposed to the NHL playoffs this season. That was MUCH more exciting. Congratulations on your unwavering string of bad ideas.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CN STARZ
MINE:
Don’t get me wrong, I like being told what to do and how to think by a corporation that caters to mono-syllabic athletes as much as the next person…. But I think you may have gotten this one wrong. Ban fast bikes? What about the kids with the tuner cars that drag race down your local Main St.?
Or the guy, on his 600cc bike, going home, riding legally (helmet and all)? How about the person driving the Ford Taurus that t-boned and killed him because he was too busy playing with the radio? Ban Taurus’! Maybe even radios. Possibly just all brunettes, they seem to cause a lot of problems, too.

I think maybe there should be an IQ test for all professional athletes. No? Why, because that would group everyone together and be unfair to certain individuals? Yeah, that would be wrong.
It seems like every other day another highly paid, borderline retarded individual that was on your highlight reel is on the news for doing something stupid. Why is it that this one time you decided to take down every other person that rides while crucifying Ben? Trust me, he is the last person that comes to mind when thinking of someone who exemplifies sport bike riders.

Point here is, thank you for doing your bit in helping justify the bad reputation we sport bike enthusiasts already have.
Heidi

P.S. on a side note, I’d like to say cheers! for airing the National Spelling Bee as opposed to the NHL playoffs this season. That was MUCH more exciting. Congratulations on your unwavering string of bad ideas.

That along with cupstacking...who the hell would watch cupstacking? How do they get the ratings to keep that **** on the air?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

Mine:

I am amazed that you actually published that crap of a story on "morons" on motorcycles just because Ben Rothlistupid decided not to wear any protective gear...

Way to paint everyone with the same brush... No different than stereotyping blacks, blondes, women, gays, etc...

I have just cancelled my subscription with your magazine. If you decide to make a nice public apology, please email me the link so that I can read through the political BS you will write to make a buck...

Ohh and I hope the writers wife cheats on him with a "moron" biker...

Last edited by motopsyko32; 08-11-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Nascency Project Ninja

nascency_heidi is a decent person

Originally Posted by timex
That along with cupstacking...who the hell would watch cupstacking? How do they get the ratings to keep that **** on the air?
Borne, I say we skip Stuntfest next year and compete professionally. I'm sure cup stacking is a far less expensive hobby than stunting, and I bet you get ALL the bit(hes!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by CN STARZ
Borne, I say we skip Stuntfest next year and compete professionally. I'm sure cup stacking is a far less expensive hobby than stunting, and I bet you get ALL the bit(hes!

We could have cupstacking groupies and ****. :YEAH I'll bet the bit(hes that follow that sport are hot as hell too.

Quick Reply: Look at this Filth........and on of all places ESPN