Classifieds .. Heres the deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Classifieds .. Heres the deal

Originally Posted by truestunna
Like i said that's what sponsors are for, you don't try and make money off your members, and you never answered my question how many other boards charge people to post for sale adds? None that i'm a member of and i'm on quite a few. Oh and i guarntee you he makes quite a good amount of money off his sponsor's, like i said......greddy
problem is there arent a lot of sponsors that i know of
this isnt my board or yours .. and its not that you have to pay to post .. just to sell
im on over 25 boards here and there and most boards have certain rules
some make ya pay, some make ya be a member with a certain # of posts
others dont have classifieds

every place is different

and if people dont wanna pay no 1 is twisting there arm .. they can do it elsewhere for free or Ebay and pay .. But this site is the BIGGEST stunt location and your chance of finding a buyer for our dented *** tanks or totaled bikes is there best chance at a sale

ps its Greedy
pss i deleted your other account for ya taguy001
Old 01-26-2006, 01:39 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it's unreasonable for boards to have rules such as no posting classifieds until you have x number of posts, i'm not saying that. What message boards are you on that charge you to post classifieds?
You can defend all you want but when it comes down to it, it's just shaddy trying to capatilize off the community for the sole reason of knowing you have a special niche. In reality he's offering no other service than other message boards that don't charge for classifieds, he just knows that the stuff doesn't sell on ebay well so he can screw people if he wants to. If the board weren't making money it'd be a totaly different story but that's not the case. Oh and thanks but i don't need spelling or grammer lessons, you on the other hand.....
Old 01-26-2006, 01:46 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Regstunts

-Contributors can start threads/post ONLY.
-Non-contributors can view the classifieds forum and PM the posters with offers and what not. (This will eliminate any thread hi-jackers trying to sell in contributors threads)
-Contributors requirements should be affordable. Keeping in mind that some guys will post one part a week and some one a year, I would say $15 minimum to post/year. Start everyone off fresh when the forums open.

Hope this gets in gear soon!!
Word. 15 is about what I'd pay, and the rest sounds good too.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

If the board weren't making money it'd be a totaly different story but that's not the case.
You seem to know more about this board then the admins

and this thread was in reference to how to bring them back and still get the site a lil coin

maybe you would feel different about this place if you would have been here since day 1
Old 01-26-2006, 02:34 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

I don't think it's unreasonable for boards to have rules such as no posting classifieds until you have x number of posts, i'm not saying that. What message boards are you on that charge you to post classifieds?
You can defend all you want but when it comes down to it, it's just shaddy trying to capatilize off the community for the sole reason of knowing you have a special niche. In reality he's offering no other service than other message boards that don't charge for classifieds, he just knows that the stuff doesn't sell on ebay well so he can screw people if he wants to. If the board weren't making money it'd be a totaly different story but that's not the case. Oh and thanks but i don't need spelling or grammer lessons, you on the other hand.....

Do you know what kind of bandwidth this place takes to run?? I'm sure the monthy bill is expensive.

As far as $15.00/year goes, it's very cheap compared to listing items on ebay individually. It's also much easier, faster and you know your dealing with a peer in the stunt community. If you're complaining about the fee odds are you're not one of the people that would benefit from the classifieds.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just my ...

A good thing was ruined when the Classifieds were taken down. I sold more than a couple items on there, and most were not by post ****** that we all see everyday on this site.

The bike night crowd that heard about Stuntlife.com/ for the cheap parts has been turned away, they might have come on, not been able to find it.. and left. Never to return.

A good bit of users have spread the word, "Stuntlife dont have classifieds no mo' G." And it's spread like wildfire. I don't know about you, but I went to alot of events around Texas and it was talked about, people DID discuss, and now it's all fuked.

There is a saying, for every good experience someone tells one other person. For every BAD experience someone tells 5. It took YEARS for this sites Classifieds to be built up like it had been, and in one stroke it was torn down. It won't be the same, EVER.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:54 PM

420gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TILLER
why did ya delete this ?
because,I felt that was not the right thing to say,and I had to leave for work,so I just killed it...I am not tryin to amke enimies over a website ya know,so Im chill....
Old 01-27-2006, 02:54 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

contributers can sell, everybody can view do it
Old 01-27-2006, 02:48 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TILLER
You seem to know more about this board then the admins

and this thread was in reference to how to bring them back and still get the site a lil coin

maybe you would feel different about this place if you would have been here since day 1
I know that based on the traffic this site see's he should be charging 150-200 a month per sponsor, though i honestly can't say for sure maybe it's more maybe it's less, it all depends on how much business is brought in relative to the amount of traffic. That's not including the banner's, contributors and whatever else. There's no way i could see a loss unless he's posting up banners for free and charging virtually nothing for sponsors. Judging by the fact that he wants to charge people for classifieds i highly doubt he's doing either.
Do i honestly care if the classifieds come back? No, i think i've bought one or two things off here, i get most of my stuff from ebay and that's the way it has always been. I'm just here to make an UNBIASED point. Also like i said before i can tell you that the classfieds are what also bring a lot of business to the sponsors of this board, people that come on here looking for parts are also the people who needs handbrakes, sprockets.....whatever. I can also tell you a lot of people probably just come on this board for the classifieds, that's all i do on several other boards. Those people obviously aren't going to be coming here anymore and sponsor sales due to the board will begin to decline over time, the impact may not be immediate but will have a snowball effect, steadily increasing with time. It's simple economics, maybe the sponsors won't realize it and will continue to pay what they currently do, or maybe they're reading this right now and will realize the effect and will no longer desire to pay as much as they do for sponsorship fees.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:52 PM

420gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that based on the traffic this site see's he should be charging 150-200 a month per sponsor, though i honestly can't say for sure maybe it's more maybe it's less, it all depends on how much business is brought in relative to the amount of traffic. That's not including the banner's, contributors and whatever else. There's no way i could see a loss unless he's posting up banners for free and charging virtually nothing for sponsors. Judging by the fact that he wants to charge people for classifieds i highly doubt he's doing either.
Do i honestly care if the classifieds come back? No, i think i've bought one or two things off here, i get most of my stuff from ebay and that's the way it has always been. I'm just here to make an UNBIASED point. Also like i said before i can tell you that the classfieds are what also bring a lot of business to the sponsors of this board, people that come on here looking for parts are also the people who needs handbrakes, sprockets.....whatever. I can also tell you a lot of people probably just come on this board for the classifieds, that's all i do on several other boards. Those people obviously aren't going to be coming here anymore and sponsor sales due to the board will begin to decline over time, the impact may not be immediate but will have a snowball effect, steadily increasing with time. It's simple economics, maybe the sponsors won't realize it and will continue to pay what they currently do, or maybe they're reading this right now and will realize the effect and will no longer desire to pay as much as they do for sponsorship fees.

Thats what I was trying to say with my post about ,advertising and user hits.......I agree,truestunna
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 AM

Jeryd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikie
Just my ...

A good thing was ruined when the Classifieds were taken down. I sold more than a couple items on there, and most were not by post ****** that we all see everyday on this site.

The bike night crowd that heard about Stuntlife.com/ for the cheap parts has been turned away, they might have come on, not been able to find it.. and left. Never to return.

A good bit of users have spread the word, "Stuntlife dont have classifieds no mo' G." And it's spread like wildfire. I don't know about you, but I went to alot of events around Texas and it was talked about, people DID discuss, and now it's all fuked.

There is a saying, for every good experience someone tells one other person. For every BAD experience someone tells 5. It took YEARS for this sites Classifieds to be built up like it had been, and in one stroke it was torn down. It won't be the same, EVER.
agreed 110%

but i would still be willing to pay to risk it but wouldnt pay $15 id pay $10 but i feel people wont post like they used to but
i would also pay $1 per sale as well if you could figure out how not to have it a bunch of work removing and adding...etc

what is the time frame we're looking at to see some actions or results on this?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

You cant have a $1 charge per sale. The reason being, you can just post up, and have someone e-mail and work a deal outside of stuntlife without any negative effects. Ebay has rules you have to follow, but Stuntlife is total anarchy and nothing ever sticks.

Just as Doodle said, let Contributers sell, and everyone else can buy. DONE|
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM

FerstlerSlim is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we get some facts? How much bandwidth do the classified consume monthly? How much do advertisers pay (in general)? If this site is losing money with the number of hits the classifieds were getting, it is my opinion that the finances were not being handled correctly. What do websites with similar bandwidth charge for advertising?

Dave
Old 01-28-2006, 06:37 PM

How about asking SpidermanSS at the R1forums how he does it? Those classifieds are amazing, but pertain mostly to Yamaha specific items. Best of all they are FREE. R1 forums must put up similar bandwidth numbers.

Dave
Old 01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
www.315RIDERS.com

FRANK-THE-TANK is an unknown quantity at this point

good point
Old 01-29-2006, 07:06 PM

suzukigixxer175 is an unknown quantity at this point

bring the classifieds back, that is what made the site worth coming to for me
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was on here MUCH more when there were classifieds, now i mostly use stuntUSA. i have also refered several people to the classified on here before and that **** only adds to the memberships. but thats not the point. i would pay $10 a year to sell on here and agree that contrib. should be able to post and everyone else can PM, but it wont be the same as when classified were free, alot of people nearly gave **** away on here that would have gone for atleast 50 bux more on ebay. o and what about the parts wanted forum? will that come back? access for contributors only?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:01 AM

Jeryd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by catach42
i was on here MUCH more when there were classifieds, now i mostly use stuntUSA. i have also refered several people to the classified on here before and that **** only adds to the memberships. but thats not the point. i would pay $10 a year to sell on here and agree that contrib. should be able to post and everyone else can PM, but it wont be the same as when classified were free, alot of people nearly gave **** away on here that would have gone for atleast 50 bux more on ebay. o and what about the parts wanted forum? will that come back? access for contributors only?

+1
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 AM

You cant compare this site to StuntUsa, this site is way better. However, I think you are going to find you are going to lose a lot of stuntlife members purely due to the free classifieds.

Dave