Aussie Riders Of stunting brothers and sisters from Australia!

The Dumbest Thread Ever :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:14 PM

pureSINISTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation The Dumbest Thread Ever :)

I'm currently producing a 8 min documentary on stunt bikes and I'm seeking willing participants to be filmed and possibly interviewed.

If you are interested in being part of this please email me your details and your ability @ brrrat@hotmail.com or PM Me

Thanx Mel

Last edited by Boxer; 05-17-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:30 PM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Doco on stuntbikers Channel 31

In melbourne or sydney?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:42 PM

Stooge is an unknown quantity at this point

What part of stunting are you focusing on? Are you doing stunt bikes, as in what makes a stunt bike, or are you doing a segment on stunting in Australia? Im asking because I want to make sure you are producing something that sheds a POSITIVE light on Stunting in Australia, to promote it as a growing sport. I think more informationabout you, what your interest is in the sport and why you are doing this is required.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:07 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

what Stooge said
Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by pureSINISTA
ok im currently studying film,tv and sound.

the doco may be shown on channel 31.

THe doco aims to promote Stunting as new emerging sport.

As most stunt riders i knew previously worked in film. Hence my avatar is from Ghostrider when shot in Melbourne last year ( I did some lighting).

I also work for In Pit Lane ( we are covering the moto gp in sept) which is a channel 31 show on motorsport.

Obviously im not going to film anyone who isnt actually a competent skilled rider.

We will be using pro sony 3ccd cameras and there will be a crew.
The final cut will be edited with final cut pro HD and anyone who is featured will recieve a DVD copy.

I will be filming for my friend at some tracks in Melbourne in the next couple of weeks.

When I find out more I will post it.

Thanks for the introduction. Do you have a web site or anything that shows what you have done in the past (curious to see). We also have a few dedicated editors/filmers here on SL who love the sport and have taken the time and money to film others around Oz, not just in the state they live in. You may want to talk to them about what they do. I wont mention who they are as I would like them to introduce themselves if they want to.

Lastly I am a pro and I dont take attitude so if you are gonna give me attitude dont bother applying cos I have a tight schedule and I dont have time for egos.

Well, you will find most stunt riders dont have egos, we all give each other a hand and like to see each other progress in the sport, not shoot them down in flames as in other motor sports. If your directing the comment to me, I am just looking out for the interest of stunters, so no need to get carried away with your remarks until you have met the stunters and realise they arent di(kheads. The same can be said to you, we arent interested in people who film the hard work of stunters for their own money making, ego and empire building either.

It will be shot in Mebourne However if anyone from other states wishes to submit there own footage they are welcome to.

Again, there are heaps of stunters who have footage, me included. I take it that ONLY footage filmed in controlled environment with full safety gear will be used?

Primarily I am interested in people who are passionate and excell at this sport.

Passionate = EVERYONE!!! Skill level varies as in any sport, i guess you will be the judge of what you consider someone who 'excells' in this sport? Can I ask what knowledge/skill level you have in judging what is a excellent stunter?

Im not interested in posers,wannabes or sell outs.

See above.... we dont suffer fools gladly either!

So if you think u can cut it PM me or Email brrrat@hotmail.com

Thanks for your interest in this sport. Welcome to StuntLife

If you have any queries about my comments, please post up or PM me. I am happy to help out with any queries you have.

Cheers M
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 AM

idiots_inc is an unknown quantity at this point

There us already a production underway for C31 for this very thing, i dont think i will be happy to hand over any footage, plus it sounds a bit fishy too me.

You have to understand that coming on to a forum and blurting out all this doesnt help you or the stunting community. Stunt riders are some of the most suspicious people on the panet and for good reason.

Hotmail email addresses make you even more of a target.

If you want them to trust you then you have to earn it. This unfortunantly hasnt been established at this stage.

Cheers Wazza

email me if you have any quirries.
warren@fullboost.com.au
Old 05-17-2006, 01:39 AM

HYPE is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum pure.S

its great of you to show interest in documenting our chosen recreation/sport/hobby..... maybe intro and let us get to know YOU?

do you ride?
do you 'stunt'?
bike you run?
how long riding?
where is your interest in 'stunting'?

do you excell & cut'it?

don't take me as attitude... however i tend to agree with the above opinion... i think you need to re evaluate your come'on & pick-up lines.... and yeah a bit of substance rather than resume would be great!

hope you stick around for more than just recruitment

regards H
Old 05-17-2006, 02:47 AM

Sounds like you have a good assignment. One thing I would like to ask, and that is not to make stunting seem like a rouge / illegal sport, because there are a lot of people, mainly stunt riders, that are trying to overcome that image. What you do is up to you of course, but just keep in mind that what you do can portray an image we dont want.

Cheers,
Old 05-17-2006, 02:58 AM
What!

These are all valid points above.
You see P.S most of us would be only to happy to help you out with anything we can but we also have to umm lets say "vet" you as most of us started on the street so we are always "on the look out" if you know what I meen. Just ask Mike rock.
Most of the best guys in OZ post on here so I am sure you wont have any probs getting some guys to ride for you if you in turn get them a safe place to ride.
Here is a few pointers for you.
1.P.M Mike Rock He would have I dunno around 150hrs of stock footage
2.Get yourself a copy of "chicks dig scares" from www.chicksdigscars.com.au
This is a flim put togther by Mike Rock with all the guys from around Australia with some of our road trips in it and a bunch of extra stuff to give you more of alook in to our sub-culture and how we work
3.build some trust with us and we will be more than happy to help you out.As others have said we all want to premote stuntrideing in the best light we can.
So we can help the sport grow into something better.
4. please dont take anything above as a put down to you its just that we have also seen more than our fair share of try hards ect and most of the guys on here will get to the point fairly quickly as you have seen.It our way of cutting the crap.
5.I think Hype was trying to say in a nice way "Ask nice" and you missed the point
Old 05-17-2006, 03:02 AM
What!

Oh and anyone know where I can "sell out" cause I sure as hell want to
Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 AM

read it again princess, you seem to have misunderstood the statement entirely.

Ps. my bubble was broke long before you found the caps lock.

Pps. can i buy you a drink? your place or mine?

btw. diregard the above this is just how we play.... welcome aboard even still
Old 05-17-2006, 03:11 AM

idiots_inc is an unknown quantity at this point

i know this may seem shovenist but chicks belong in Bikinis looking hot next to a stunt rider, not trying to think and be like one.

Is that direct enough
Old 05-17-2006, 03:12 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

may i ask who your friend is that does the shows? was it them who told you bout stuntlife? if not what made you come onto here and post up to possably give some of us an chance to get the sport good publicity?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:12 AM

N*A*M is an unknown quantity at this point

are you hot?
do you make other, more artistic "films"?

just joking, good luck with your assignment.

i'm local and know plenty of riders that would show stunting in the right light.
but i'll just wait for the stuntlife screening process to determine if you're BS or not.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:13 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pureSINISTA
THe doco aims to promote Stunting as new emerging sport.

Roughly about as new as what? VN Commodores... LPG Conversions... Soda Streams... Nintendo 64s

As a member of the media and someone who's had to play cool to get where I am, I'm quite offended by your attitude. Maybe if you'd come in a little calmer, you would have been received a little more seriously.

Then again, as everyone here knows me well and would agree that I'm the first person to give people the benefit of the doubt, give us some background on yourself (professionally) and show us some of the work you've done. We're all quite fluent in Youtube, Google Video and many of the other free Video hosting sites.

Mark Boxer
Magazine Editor
TV Producer
All Round Mr. Niceguy
Old 05-17-2006, 03:24 AM
What!

Originally Posted by N*A*M
but i'll just wait for the stuntlife screening process to determine if you're BS or not.
see he knows what up
Old 05-17-2006, 03:28 AM

grandmasterb is an unknown quantity at this point

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

PS you get on here and your first 10 post are either having ago at some of the best stunters in Oz or telling them how its done

Where the FARK have you been the last 3+ years why these guys have been out there practicing and dedicating this as more than a sport

There are guys out there like Mike pop and Lazza that have produced one of the best stunt dvd's i have had the pleasure of watching "CDS" and working on CDS 2.

Peeps like Wazza and Boxer out there filming anything and everything to get it to the public and show that like Moto Freetsyle, drift and other motorsport is not just a "HOON" thing anymore and to let the public see that its being done in controlled and safe environments by the guys and girls that love there sport!!!

If your so called "friend" organises shows then why come to SL at all if your not willing to listen to what everyone has to say???

As mentioned before the best stunters in OZ post here and a couple of the other forums and if you want my 2 your doco isn't going to be worth watching without them in it!!!

So how about getting a little AA, take a step back and remeber that your the n00b here trying to throw your weight around while asking for help!!!

Cheers GMB

PS: If you had half a clue you would know that stooge is "Da Fyoocha"
Old 05-17-2006, 03:28 AM

Ohh gee, where can I start? Ill will keep it short, since replying to you wont be my assignment.

I ask about the safety gear and road legallity because you said you were involved in GhostRider, which of course, promotes everything WE DONT WANT to promote. But, being a Tasmanian, I guess I assumed too much.

Also being a Tasmania, I thought I still was involved in the Australian stunt scene, but obviously im from another continent and have no opinion. I didnt realise it was a Melbourne stunt thing... why not say "Melbourne Stunt" vid, after all, you did say "It will be shot in Mebourne However if anyone from other states wishes to submit there own footage they are welcome to."

I could go on, but my little Tasmanian brain cant cope....
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 AM

and now.....

Australia's most professional, full-time stunter would like to say his bit...

you might recall him from such classic productions like: One Too Many and You Feel Just Like Your Sister....

Come on down..... Mr....drum roll.......?????????

[ Note: His identity has been hidden due to the overwhelming number of frisky panty throwing single mothers in need]
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 AM

grandmasterb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stooge
Ohh gee, where can I start? Ill will keep it short, since replying to you wont be my assignment.

I ask about the safety gear and road legallity because you said you were involved in GhostRider, which of course, promotes everything WE DONT WANT to promote. But, being a Tasmanian, I guess I assumed too much.

Also being a Tasmania, I thought I still was involved in the Australian stunt scene, but obviously im from another continent and have no opinion. I didnt realise it was a Melbourne stunt thing... why not say "Melbourne Stunt" vid, after all, you did say "It will be shot in Mebourne However if anyone from other states wishes to submit there own footage they are welcome to."

I could go on, but my little Tasmanian brain cant cope....

my 2 heads hurt after reading all this

But i think thats for another reason

After putting my heads together i have come to the conclusion that this has to be one of the most pointless thread on SL!!!

Quick Reply: The Dumbest Thread Ever :)