whippin it

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 09:48 PM

fmxrider4life69 is an unknown quantity at this point
whippin it

could anyone give me some advice as to pulling off a whip? i have a kx125 and looking to start doing some tricks with it in the air, so how do you pull of a whip? all help is appreciated
Old 04-08-2004, 12:43 PM

Deathtraprider1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: whippin it

take pressure off 1 side of the bike and push down on the other peg and turn ur body
thats about as good as i can explain it but if i was riding withg u it would be alot easier
Old 04-08-2004, 10:52 PM

ok thanx so im left handed and footed, so i take all my weight off of my right foot and push down with my left and twist my left side of my body towards the back going counter clockwise to get the right b ack side of the bike higher than the front? am i getting this right at all? thanx for your help if i am
Old 04-08-2004, 11:30 PM

vegas is an unknown quantity at this point

here is how i go about it.........you may need to switch everything if you wanna whip the opposite way

ok i always whip the *** end to my right (sitting on bike)

so you need a good sized jump if you wanna get it out and back........like a 50' is good enough with a not super steep down side.......another good way to learn whips is to do it over a natural or man made "hip". a hip is a jump that has a take off with the downside that is 90degrees off......like if the face is north and the downside is east or west....get it you have to whip to do it clean

ok so i go off of the lip and as soon as the front wheel comes off the lip i take the weight off of my right leg and start to twist the **** out of my hips....pointing my *** to the right... as im twisting im turning the bars to the left for the gyroscopic effect......the bigger the air the longer you can hold it......you should know when it is time to start bringing the *** back strait.......just crank the bars all the way to the right and get ready to land as normal... turning the bars is like 90% of getting the bike back strait so stay loose in the air and if it looks like the bike isnt going to come all the way back when you land stay loose and lean so you go into a skid as opposed to highside......... when you land stomp the rear lay down a nasty skid( stance must be mean!!!!!!!!) roll to the truck and hit the 420
Old 04-09-2004, 12:10 AM

i will be tryingn this over a 90 foot table top that i am very comfortabel jumpoing and landing. i will go out tomorow and try this out, i dont have a digi cam so i cant take pics, but i will keep you all updated, thanx for your guys help
Old 04-10-2004, 10:30 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vegas
here is how i go about it.........you may need to switch everything if you wanna whip the opposite way

ok i always whip the *** end to my right (sitting on bike)

so you need a good sized jump if you wanna get it out and back........like a 50' is good enough with a not super steep down side.......another good way to learn whips is to do it over a natural or man made "hip". a hip is a jump that has a take off with the downside that is 90degrees off......like if the face is north and the downside is east or west....get it you have to whip to do it clean

ok so i go off of the lip and as soon as the front wheel comes off the lip i take the weight off of my right leg and start to twist the **** out of my hips....pointing my *** to the right... as im twisting im turning the bars to the left for the gyroscopic effect......the bigger the air the longer you can hold it......you should know when it is time to start bringing the *** back strait.......just crank the bars all the way to the right and get ready to land as normal... turning the bars is like 90% of getting the bike back strait so stay loose in the air and if it looks like the bike isnt going to come all the way back when you land stay loose and lean so you go into a skid as opposed to highside......... when you land stomp the rear lay down a nasty skid( stance must be mean!!!!!!!!) roll to the truck and hit the 420
That partly off Drakes Descriptoin to do a McFitz, but first you have to take off the tight outfit.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:39 AM

vegas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Xidium
That partly off Drakes Descriptoin to do a McFitz, but first you have to take off the tight outfit.

we have a fellow mxm reader in the house????????????? and damn strait Drake is the man!