CVBOYZ www.cvboyz.com From Vermont

Stunting pics... 5/18/04

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 12:23 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunting pics... 5/18/04

Originally Posted by sixtwojew
yut, the bar hop looks really hard.I havent tried one and probably never will...but a guy named feer or something cranks them out all the time

J
thats what im saying.. i tried the other nite by myself.. i cant see my legs getting thru there .. is it cus i have stock bars or am a pu**y
Old 05-19-2004, 01:13 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99TILLER
thats what im saying.. i tried the other nite by myself.. i cant see my legs getting thru there .. is it cus i have stock bars or am a pu**y
The first few times I tried it, I messed up and kinda ended up sitting with my legs crossed on the gas tank and/or fell off the back.

Just one of those things that takes practice I guess, I don't think stock bars would hurt your chances...especially since they don't have a crossbar if I remember right?

Once you do a couple you'll be bustin them out all day long....Are you doing them standing on the seat? Last year I figured out I can do them from the pegs also, which I thought would never happen.

-Josh
Old 05-19-2004, 01:30 PM

gusgreenwall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CVBz
Thanks buddy.... but I have been focking with wheelies on various machines for years. This is my first quad though, so things are coming quickly for me. Not sure of your stunting history, but I can relate on how difficult it is. I give anyone mad props for doing the more serious tricks on these toys. It definitly takes seat time to get good.

-Drew

My history is as follows:

2 years ago rocking on my pink huffy. Then moved up to the atc 110 3 wheeler. Now the kfx 400. not that much history for me. I got sit downs for a few 100 feet. Starting stand ups now, once I have them on lock then move on to combos. ****'$ hard but then again I haven't been really pushing myself either. Taking it nice and slow. I don't want my own quad to run me over, but I'm just a big pu$$y that way I guess.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by PhearCVBz
The first few times I tried it, I messed up and kinda ended up sitting with my legs crossed on the gas tank and/or fell off the back.

Just one of those things that takes practice I guess, I don't think stock bars would hurt your chances...especially since they don't have a crossbar if I remember right?

Once you do a couple you'll be bustin them out all day long....Are you doing them standing on the seat? Last year I figured out I can do them from the pegs also, which I thought would never happen.

-Josh
i didnt really try jumping thru(no crossbar) but it feels wacked

i was standing on the seat and tried putting a leg thru.. guess i better go get my helmet and buck up.. i tried backwards wheelies too.. boy i really like seeing where im going not were ive been
Old 05-19-2004, 01:44 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

i didnt really try jumping thru(no crossbar) but it feels wacked

i was standing on the seat and tried putting a leg thru.. guess i better go get my helmet and buck up.. i tried backwards wheelies too.. boy i really like seeing where im going not were ive been
Yeah the bar hop is a pretty strange angle, just doesn't feel right.

The switchback isn't the most ergonomically correct wheelie either...hahah. There are so many different techiques to those it's crazy. I prefer kinda sitting towards the front of the seat with my back kinda straight. Rizza sits more in the middle of his seat and puts his weight towards the back of the quad. My friend Andy does them standing up and going about 80mph (hahah, not quite that fast, but faster than I've seen anybody do them). His are by far the most akward and scary techniques I've seen, but he got them down before I did and he can rock 'em pretty far.

Any more word on that stunt show coming up? If quads are a sure thing I'd like to see if the boys wanna head down that way.

-Josh
Old 05-19-2004, 01:49 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gusgreenwall
I don't want my own quad to run me over, but I'm just a big pu$$y that way I guess.
Yeah... it doesn't tickle. I wouldn't say I'm brave for trying some of this crap... just stupid. I always push myself too far. Hence, falling off and getting run over last night!
Old 05-19-2004, 01:55 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Yeah the bar hop is a pretty strange angle, just doesn't feel right.

The switchback isn't the most ergonomically correct wheelie either...hahah. There are so many different techiques to those it's crazy. I prefer kinda sitting towards the front of the seat with my back kinda straight. Rizza sits more in the middle of his seat and puts his weight towards the back of the quad. My friend Andy does them standing up and going about 80mph (hahah, not quite that fast, but faster than I've seen anybody do them). His are by far the most akward and scary techniques I've seen, but he got them down before I did and he can rock 'em pretty far.

Any more word on that stunt show coming up? If quads are a sure thing I'd like to see if the boys wanna head down that way.

-Josh
Show is on.. site was updated.. but doesnt say what kind of quad comp .. im going for sure
Old 05-19-2004, 01:57 PM

Yeah... it doesn't tickle. I wouldn't say I'm brave for trying some of this crap... just stupid. I always push myself too far. Hence, falling off and getting run over last night!

A very wise man told me once that crashing is learning....

i really should step it up and push my self alttle harder too.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:57 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

ive got run over before .. on my old blaster back when i was 16 .. busted my *** hard.. standed up on a main rd with my pants around my ankles cus my button snapped on my waist
Old 05-19-2004, 02:04 PM

Show is on.. site was updated.. but doesnt say what kind of quad comp .. im going for sure

I'm down for the show too.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:08 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

I'm down for the show too.
probably be just u and me local anyway.. but well be there
Old 05-19-2004, 02:10 PM

Well someone from the group has to represent.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:13 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Another off topic question.....I see the site is updated now, sweet. Do you know who could tell us what equipment is needed to compete? In the rules they list like full leathers with snaps, gloves, boots, etc...etc...

I have a jacket I can wear, and I could get pants too, but not the kind that snap together like a full suit. Seems kinda overkill since you can race pro motocross with just a helmet, gloves, and boots.....hehehe.

Just curious.

-Josh
Old 05-19-2004, 02:15 PM

Another off topic question.....I see the site is updated now, sweet. Do you know who could tell us what equipment is needed to compete? In the rules they list like full leathers with snaps, gloves, boots, etc...etc...

I have a jacket I can wear, and I could get pants too, but not the kind that snap together like a full suit. Seems kinda overkill since you can race pro motocross with just a helmet, gloves, and boots.....hehehe.

Just curious.

-Josh

Well tiller will be wearing hot pink leather pants and a tube top
Old 05-19-2004, 02:18 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Well tiller will be wearing hot pink leather pants and a tube top
So he's all set then
Old 05-19-2004, 02:19 PM

So he's all set then
lmfao
Old 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM

Hazen is a decent person

Glad to hear you're alright drew. There are better ways to ghost wheelie a quad than jumping infront of it though.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a friend of mine crash his bike, then while I was putting his bike back together so he could ride again, he hit the rear brake on my quad while scraping so hard that it came down and threw him over the bars. Then it ran him over and he had to chase it down the track. 2 crashes in 10 minutes.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:45 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Just curious.

-Josh
ive asked u people involved with the show.. and no response.. id say a helmet gloves boots and gloves should be fine .. thats what i wear when i ride anyway
Old 05-21-2004, 02:44 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

screw that!

I'll be there 100%. and I'm always representin' for you guys! We're gunna rock the scene. Lets take over this palce. :YEAH :YEAH

~Jared

Quick Reply: Stunting pics... 5/18/04