CVBOYZ www.cvboyz.com From Vermont

12 o clock bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 AM
MILF's love me

stunterwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
12 o clock bar

Any body willing to make and sell a 12 oclock bar for a 400ex 02? Im in the works of making a rear hand brake right now. Its going to run me about $250 with my employee discount. So if anyone is interested let me know.
Thanks, Matt :YEAH
Old 06-12-2006, 09:16 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 12 o clock bar

Try PM'ing a guy on here by the name of Catman. I think he was making some sort of bar for an EX.

There were also a few other designs kicking around....one was a real sweet removable one that some guy posted on Exriders.com but not sure where he got it. Tiller posted it on here somewhere in the regual Quad forum.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:28 AM

Hazen is a decent person

Originally Posted by stunterwannabe
going to run me about $250 with my employee discount.:YEAH
I'm not supporting the use of a handbrake on a quad. Not a hater, it's simly unnecessary. Never the less, a handbrake setup should only cost you around 100 bucks plus a master cylinder...
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
MILF's love me

I would like to have a handbrake simply because I like going big and tall on the highchairs and 50/50's. Plus I dont have a 12oclock so I try to keep the bar off the ground in the dirt. I must find a paved street spot
thanks, Matt
Old 06-12-2006, 07:24 PM

Peeweesp is an unknown quantity at this point

stock bar will for fine for a while and i agree with hazen dont think there is any need for a handbrake even when doing, highchairs and all that good stuff, just disconnect them all togeather you will learn quicker lol
Old 06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
MILF's love me

its nice to be able to rock forward though, especially when i go too far back. Its a personal thing anyway. not saying i dont like your guys input but i think i would like it. ya hazen i was going to buy all the fittings and what not along with the master cylinder and as far as i know it was going to be around $250. but it has been awhile since i have looked.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

its nice to be able to rock forward though, especially when i go too far back.
as long as your not creaping along if first you can use the clutch like a hb
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 AM
MILF's love me

just as long as you dont go too far back right?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:29 AM

Hazen is a decent person

just as long as you dont go too far back right?
Dude you can scrape air box on a quad and bring it back.... while learning your not gonna go that far back anyways, and if you do you'll chop off the throttle and it'll come down from the compression. 1 Cylinder motors do that kinda thing.
Not tellin ya what to do, I wanted one on my EX for a while. Then I rode it for like an hour and realized it would be totally unnecessary. And you'll get picked on

To flip a highchair you would have to clutch it up in 4th and never let off... once you learn engine brake you'll understand.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:16 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hazen
... once you learn engine brake you'll understand.

You mean once he's as good as you!:YEAH
Old 06-13-2006, 01:20 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 12 o clock bar

Any body willing to make and sell a 12 oclock bar for a 400ex 02? Im in the works of making a rear hand brake right now. Its going to run me about $250 with my employee discount. So if anyone is interested let me know.
If you are intreasted in a 400EX handbrake. Fullthrottleinc.net makes them. The billet master and the line are 245$ if you are spending 250$ make it worth you while and get the Fullthrottleinc they are the best handbrakes around. They also come with great customer service.
-Aaron
Old 06-13-2006, 03:22 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
If you are intreasted in a 400EX handbrake. Fullthrottleinc.net makes them. The billet master and the line are 245$ if you are spending 250$ make it worth you while and get the Fullthrottleinc they are the best handbrakes around. They also come with great customer service.
-Aaron
showing your support to a sponsor there Aaron
Old 06-13-2006, 09:08 PM
cops lie

austinz400 is an unknown quantity at this point

i can only scrape in 1st and 2nd gear and get it to come back down with the clutch.go ahead and get the hand brake if i put one on i know combos would be limitless.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:51 PM
MILF's love me

austinz400 gets it!, im not squashing what your saying hazen but i do kinda want to try it. and if i regret it i will make it know publically. thanks for the info arron. let it be know that i greatly enjoy all the input you guys give me. especially considering the stunt population where i am is 1...me.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:43 PM

SUBURBAN PSYCHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Im going on my 5th year stunting my quad... Rockin long or fast or even slow wheelies arent a problem. B4 i put the Hand Brake on i felt like I hit the limit of trix. But nowa days everything is getting slow as hell - I hooked up the Hand Brake last friday and I already hit 3 new trix I never knew were even possible. It has opened up a whole new window of trix for me... Sum people dont understand that we want hand brakes for the same reason the sportbikes do - To do trix without havin to keep a foot by the brake. if you want it get it - You'll love it. I did mine to 100% for 150.00 ...
Old 07-14-2006, 03:20 PM

rjs9s is an unknown quantity at this point

yah the thing with the 12 bar.... deff gotta geta custom one cause the stock is just way too weak after a couple scrapes my bar was at the point were if u touch it, it bends straight up. then about a month later i was just riden a stand up creeper and accidently scraped and my foot slid bcs there was no bar it snaped in half lol
Old 07-14-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by rjs9s
yah the thing with the 12 bar.... deff gotta geta custom one cause the stock is just way too weak after a couple scrapes my bar was at the point were if u touch it, it bends straight up. then about a month later i was just riden a stand up creeper and accidently scraped and my foot slid bcs there was no bar it snaped in half lol
Yea Man - Thats Sketchy Alrite !!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:02 PM

rjs9s is an unknown quantity at this point

yah def sketchy but i decided to take the 12 bar off so i can practice doin everything w/ out the bar and also hitn the 13 ocloc scrapes...thinkin about getin a hand brake cause i tend to go too far back in the hichair sum times lol
Old 07-15-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by rjs9s
yah def sketchy but i decided to take the 12 bar off so i can practice doin everything w/ out the bar and also hitn the 13 ocloc scrapes...thinkin about getin a hand brake cause i tend to go too far back in the hichair sum times lol

B4 i put the HB on i felt like I hit the limit of trix. But nowa days everything is getting slow as hell - I hooked up the HB last friday and I already hit 3 new trix I never knew were even possible. It has opened up a whole new window of trix for me...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:51 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

just use the stock grab bar its allready their

Quick Reply: 12 o clock bar