CVBOYZ www.cvboyz.com From Vermont

All CVB'z, please read and respond

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 03:31 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
All CVB'z, please read and respond

Hey fellaz,

How's everything on the east coast? The new season is upon us. I've spoken to Rizza and understand that many of you have started riding again. I wanted to go over a few things to help us as a team/group/whatever.

First off, please remember that image is everything. If you want people to take you seriously, you need to look and act the part. Whenever speaking or dealing with someone in the industry or even on the street, be sure to plug the web site. Try to advertise our new sponsor whenever possible and be sure to have CVB graphics on your equipment. That means, quads, trucks, trailers, helmets, gear.... and no... "equipment" doesn't mean your *****. FILM everything and anything. Whomever is filming for the crew has to be aware of creative shots and promotion shots. What I mean by "promotion" is if Hazen has a sticker of WWW.CVBOYZ.COM on his EX, then get a shot of it while he's on the quad. Also, have the filmers get profile shots of the riders. I'd like to see shots of the boyz chillin during practice at Swanton, unloading the quads from the truck, and just sitting on their bikes. Have the cameramen take another look at our first movie and pay attention to the type of shots I got to get an idea of what I'm looking for.

For those who haven't heard, I've started a job working for RSN. I have access to a lot of topend equipment and will be able to make our next film look much better than the first. I won't be able to do the filming, but with some help from others, we may be able to put together a seller.

MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC!!!! This is going to be a big part of our next film. We need to find FREE music with written permission to use it in the movie. So if any of you know a home town group that kicks *** and makes music that would go well with quads, please let me know ASAP so we can get started on paperwork.

And last... with all of us taking a part in this next film; we should be able to put together a great product. We've already developed a big fan base, now we need to do a follow-up to keep those fans. I'm hoping to make the best selling quad film online... do you guys wanna do the same?? Good luck and stay safe.

-Your biggest fan and faithful follower... Andrew

PS. Please speak up with any thoughts on the up-coming season!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:14 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Andrew....great points throughout.

I am looking forward to a great year....I know that the talent is here, and I hope that the desire is also. I for one am ready to ride and put as much effort as I can into learning new things, and improving on the things that I already know.

The Ryan twins, and Dan got that AWESOME hookup for us up in Swanton for stunting. Of course, like Ryan said, we can't use the same scene all throughout a video, but it's a GREAT start. We can at least practice there, and stuff too.

Sounds like Begnoche's track is going to be opened for a little while longer (and possibly the whole summer) so that is good news. I deffinatly have to improve in the dirt, and I'm sure some of the other guys may feel the same.

One thing I think we deffinatly need is a FMX type Jump, whether its steel or dirt....we need something we can practice on over and over and get the feel for, then we can start pulling things in the air. The jumps at Begnoches don't really allow for things like that....The tabletop seems a little small (though I hear he is/has made it bigger), and that medium sized double doesn't have much of a run on it. My girlfriend and I are purchasing land in the St.Albans area (hopefully, it went up $10,000 more than we planned on spending), and it has a great spot for a track and whatever else (10 acres). I also know of one other spot where we could put a jump....we just need to get together and do it basically....after it dries out.

As for camera work and stuff....man, I've been thinking about this a lot. I watch the vid you did, and I watch other vids and try to notice the things that you don't really notice (tilting of the camera, certain close up shots, and things like that). For instance, when it starts out at the beginning of Ryans section, you see all the quads at the gate ready to start the race, then you fade into a tunnel of some sorts and you have the camera pointed sorta up in the air....That's something that your brain recognizes as cool, but it doesn't really jump out at you unless you are paying attention to things like that...Well, those are the shots that are going to be hard. I'm going to hopefully be getting a camera very soon....It's going to be MiniDV, but it's going to be far from the top of the line (sorry, saving for the house)...it should do though. I'm sure we can find people to run the camera pretty easily, but finding people that know what shots to get is going to be the tricky part. I will voluntarily film, and I'm sure the other guys will take turns also, but even with us behind the camera I still don't know that we have the artistic sense to get some of the awesome shots, but hopefully we can get a few.

Josh from After FX has already been a huge help, and has hooked us up with some cool stuff. He's also pushing to help get us in shows and things like that, so we can't thank him enough. He has also told me that he would like to film us and would share any footage he had.

Congrats by the way on your new job, I've been meaning to write to you telling you that. Deffinatly cool!!!

Anyway, thinking about this and looking outside and seeing snow is killing me....I gotta go!!!

-Josh
Old 04-04-2003, 11:24 PM

Hazen is a decent person
Alright, time for my

First, when Andrew and Jay (and me but I was still green) were cruisin along in the Racecort, god rest her soul, we wanted a name for people to know them by on their bikes. So after some names were thrown around and many modifications to the name were made the "Champlain Valley Boyz" was born. This was roughly 3 years ago.
Fast forward to today 4/4/03, and look where we are. There is no more bikes, but alot of quads. We have a website, a movie, a sponsor, fans, and a forum on the biggest stunting website in the world. Did we think 3 summers ago that we would even get this far? No. What's the point of all this? Well there isn't one, but everyone else wrote alot and I didn't want to look stupid.
That said, I say full speed ahead boys. We have some big opportunities ahead of us so lets use them. The only thing I disagree with is that Andrew is our "faithful follower". In fact he isn't a fan either. He's a leader in this group. If it hadn't been for him teachin me to film, teaching me to wheelie my Mtn. Bike (even though I'll school you now drew ) , and motivating my *** to practice, I never would have had all this fun with this great group of guys.
This summer is gonna rock.
CVBz!!!!!!!

-Hazen
Old 04-05-2003, 08:50 AM

Lanphear... as far as the camera work goes. Just try your best... that's all I can ask for. That goes for all our filmers. It's really important to have a steady shot... even more important than a creative one. If all the shots are meant to be creative, but shake like ****... we're gonna have a problem. I'd rather see an improvement on shots throughout the summer, than really creative shots. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hazen...a.k.a."slappy"... It is pretty amazing how far the group has come. I still have the first CVB street bike video on my shelf, starring Jay and myself. We're no GMO, but damn those were impressive power wheelies Jay!! As far as being a team leader... thanks! I'm just trying to help out my buds and contribute to the group anyway I can. As far as a Mt. bike wheelie... you may be able to destroy me and 95% of the country on that quad, but when it comes to a Mt. bike wheelie, eat my road dust, grit liver lips! When you can boast to one handed manuals, circle, figure 8's, no front wheel, and yes a COMPLETE MILE long wheelie.... then we'll talk.

(props to Hazen for doing downhill no-footed manuals... I can't do those...... not without disc brakes that is!!!! )

Scelvea... the reason I haven't been returning your phone calls is because..... I DON'T LIKE YOU!!! NEVER DID, NEVER WILL!!! The sooner you get that through you bauld ugly head, the sooner you can accept your place in life.... a toothless moron from the state housing the worst baseball teams in the country!! There I figured that stirred up enough bullshit smack talk for awhile! All kidding aside, I have been working over 60hours a week with my new job and don't have time to call anyone... sorry. As for the upcoming season... I would like you to be part of the next movie. Hopefully you can meet up with the crew and do some filming together. You were right though, I have had clowns in the past take advantage of my video production knowledge. Therefore, I'm extremely cautious with whatever I do for video work now. That's good though... those stupid clowns helped me in a way. Now I make sure I have written contracts before diving into anything serious. But contracts will be a whole other thread.

-Andrew
Old 04-06-2003, 02:32 PM

imaviking is an unknown quantity at this point
camera schoolin

Hey Andrew.....Yeah it looks like ill be the go to guy for filming this summer. Im looking forward to it. Ill definately be creative and stuff about the shots.. but i aint gonna climbed any trees! Now that i have fully recovered from my injury, ill get closer to the action, so you get the feeling of speed the the boyz are doing the stunts at !.............but as the editter (YOU) have say mostly in the end result!!!

Later M*****B sssssssssssssssssssssssssss

J
Old 04-06-2003, 04:01 PM

UHHHH.... "imaviking"... Who are you??????? Where are you from????
Old 04-07-2003, 09:59 AM

redrizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, looks like you guys have already discussed most of what's going to be happening this summer... I'll keep the webpage updated as much as possible and help out with things here and there as we go along.

I really need to emphisize(sp?) on something Josh said though. RAMP:YEAH RAMP:YEAH RAMP:YEAH RAMP:YEAH
I have the shop to build it in. I know a couple people with welders, but may be willing to buy one myself and learn. I just may need help buying the steel stock and help building it.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:01 PM

Hazen is a decent person
Jay is a viking.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:43 PM

sixtwojew is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Andrew imaviking is me from my house...my other pc sucks and wont let me log in as this name... so this user name is at work. coo
Old 04-07-2003, 03:58 PM

vtwoodrider is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up drew congrads again on the job. this summer should be a blast and by the end we should have some great footage for our next film. dont worry were are throwin the cvbz name around. hell i wear my old skool sweatshirt every day almost.
later
Old 04-07-2003, 04:23 PM

Dan, you have to wear or bring that sweatshirt to Southwick... I made the logo and designed the sweatshirt and I've never even see one....:twelve
Old 04-07-2003, 05:12 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

Originally posted by Hazencvb
Jay is a viking.
Duh....isn't it obvious.... (sorry Jay, you're the only one we have a head shot of )
Old 04-08-2003, 07:23 AM

sixtwojew is an unknown quantity at this point
DamNNNNNNNNNN

Wow, U are one funny bass turd!!
Old 04-09-2003, 08:32 AM

slinky750 is a decent person
Originally posted by redrizza
Well, looks like you guys have already discussed most of what's going to be happening this summer... I'll keep the webpage updated as much as possible and help out with things here and there as we go along.

I really need to emphisize(sp?) on something Josh said though. RAMP:YEAH RAMP:YEAH RAMP:YEAH RAMP:YEAH
I have the shop to build it in. I know a couple people with welders, but may be willing to buy one myself and learn. I just may need help buying the steel stock and help building it.
i'm friends with probably one of the best welders you'll find around here....and my dad also works for Jeffords steel so let me know..i'll get you all the materials you need and we can start burning ****....oops i mean welding **** as long as i can take the 110 off it
Old 04-09-2003, 08:53 AM

If we can pull this ramp thing together, than I will definatly let you take the 110 off it... and there WILL be several camera's present getting you on film beaking your *** from every angle
Old 04-09-2003, 09:24 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

Slink...deffinatly see how much it would cost for the materials....we really appreciate it!!!

I also have a friend that can get steel for cheap, but haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

Thanks again!!!!

-Josh
Old 04-09-2003, 09:52 AM

slinky750 is a decent person
let me know exactly what you need. i'll see what i can do....
just make sure if i break my *** its on tape!!....not like this winter when i broke my *** on the bike on the lake and no one was taping!!

Quick Reply: All CVB'z, please read and respond