Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

Argo's Blows

Old 02-17-2004, 05:21 PM

koffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Argo's Blows

I had some xtra parts kicking around so I went to Argos to see if they wanted them. Didnt matter if they did or not, but I live close so I thought I would ask. The dick working there acts as if I was ruining his day by asking if he wanted some ducati parts dirt cheap. Then he proceeds to give me more of an attitude! Who runs this place? I will never step foot in that building again. Too bad I live close by and was looking for a beater bike.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:20 PM

nastytls is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Argo's Blows

They're scamers anyway. They sell salvage bikes for roughly the same as a good used bike. News flash! vehicles with salvage titles are worthless. I wouldn't give them a penny of my money.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:54 PM

PrplHaz4 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeup, i learned that one the hard way...good thing that bike got stolen, cuz i never would've been able to sell it
Old 02-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

I've never had ONE single problem with Argo's and they've hooked up MANY, MANY of my friends as well. I will admit that they can be a-holes for sure...but that is how they are. They charge what they do because people will pay it, wouldn't you? If you go there with me, or drop my name, they will treat you right and hook you up with a great deal on a bike. As for parts,...parts are garbage. If you could see the back room FULL of crashed and scratched crap hangin on the ceilings, the walls, and piled on the floor, you might understand why they wouldn't give you the time of day for a few parts...

they support the sport and are my #1 sponsor-They hook a friend of mine (Scott Greenwood-local fast guy and FUSA Sportbike champion) up with 2 R6's, they hook me up with 2 636's....plus transportation.

try 'em again and do a little name dropping, you'd be surprised what a difference it makes!!

They are a huge operation with few intelligent employees...i was just there yesterday and they were busy and stressed as hell!

Teach

ps. salvaged bikes/cars CAN be a great way to go if you know what you are doing!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:25 PM

koffee is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no problem with them not wanting my parts. But do they need to be dicks about it?
Old 02-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Gas'er!!

i agree bro, that is just the way they are sometimes...i've watched them kick idiots out of the showroom completely, and these people had money to spend, but for some reason they rubbed them the wrong way. believe me, i've caught them at 'bad' moments and whenever that happens, i just leave and try again another day...if you really need a bike, let me know and i will hook it up for you!

peace,
teach
Old 02-18-2004, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
ps. salvaged bikes/cars CAN be a great way to go if you know what you are doing!

Sorry, but unless you manage to do something shady with the title, it will always be basically worthless. Try trading a salvaged bike in on something newer....It's not going to happen. If people are willing to pay those prices, than good for Argo's. A sucker is born every minute.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Buick will become famous soon enough

They let me in their back room when i went there to choose my fairing for a trade, i almost came when i saw all those fairings hanging from the cieling. I want to have that warehouse.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by sclevela
u dont have to do anything shady.........u just have to know bikes, know the right salvage bike to buy, at the right price so on and so forth! I hope to god that of all the people in the industry u could be pointing a finger at u arent makin the implication it sounds like u might be towards teach!

Who's pointing fingers?!?
I was just making a statement that once a vehicle has a salvage title, there is no way to get it back to a clean title unless something shady is done. At no point in my response did I insinuate that Teach has done anything like that.
Stop trying to stur up trouble.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:39 PM

Buick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sclevela
whoa there bubba i wasnt doin any of that just tryin to provide insight to uneducated people who may have taken ur post the wrong way.................as far as stirrin up dramma or whatever .....................lmfao
Try and shorten the signature ***** breath you're killing my scroll button.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:16 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they only sell bikes with salvage titles or do they also have clean title bikes?
The reason I ask is I had seen their website and keep watching it cause when the time is right this spring I am looking for a different bike. I will obviously look for something local but if I have no luck and they have what I need for the price I'll gladly travel if it's worth it.
Only requirement I have is a clean titled bike that I can make street legal.
They are starting to sound like a place I knew to stay far away from when I was back in Florida. Guess I'll keep reading and searching for more info on them as the weather gets warmer.
Thanks to anyone with more info.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:39 PM

tanka15 can only hope to improve

well i bought my bike up there, not the best of price but they got it inspected for me and made it possible for me to register it. it needed some work after it left there show room, but nothing major, it runs good, even still after the minor abuse i put it through , but like teach said if you throw a name around they will give u straight answers.... (speaking first hand, thanx teach)

mike
Old 02-19-2004, 07:41 AM

jimmyjammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Blah blah blah

Let's argue on the internet that's fun NOT!!!

Nastytls where the hell have you been hiding fool? How'd that ever work out with that service master Jackhole?

KB
Old 02-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

salvage titles aren't worthless.... they just aren't clean.

A salvage bike that has been restored is completely legit. You can register them too. I don't see the big deal.

My $.02

Brian
Old 02-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Gas'er!!

Originally Posted by GSE_Anthony
Do they only sell bikes with salvage titles or do they also have clean title bikes?
The reason I ask is I had seen their website and keep watching it cause when the time is right this spring I am looking for a different bike. I will obviously look for something local but if I have no luck and they have what I need for the price I'll gladly travel if it's worth it.
Only requirement I have is a clean titled bike that I can make street legal.
They are starting to sound like a place I knew to stay far away from when I was back in Florida. Guess I'll keep reading and searching for more info on them as the weather gets warmer.
Thanks to anyone with more info.

They have very few clean titled bikes...usually only if they are taken in on trades, or a friend (like me) sells their bike there.

Argos is on the straight and narrow, they do not do shady business at all, believe me. just because they don't have the best customer service, does not mean they are shady. I highly recommend this place, and i can get a deal on all bikes. if you say my name, they will hook you up. or just get a hold of me and i will go there with you. they also ship all over the country and the world.

here's what you can get at argos: a virtually brand new bike with some damage and very low miles, for a pretty good price. they also have a ton of parts-perfect for the racer or stunter.

I personally put my own reputation on the line for these guys and stand behind them. If anyone EVER needs anything from them, get a hold of me and i will hook it up!

Teach
Old 02-19-2004, 09:26 AM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
They have very few clean titled bikes...usually only if they are taken in on trades, or a friend (like me) sells their bike there.

Argos is on the straight and narrow, they do not do shady business at all, believe me. just because they don't have the best customer service, does not mean they are shady. I highly recommend this place, and i can get a deal on all bikes. if you say my name, they will hook you up. or just get a hold of me and i will go there with you. they also ship all over the country and the world.

here's what you can get at argos: a virtually brand new bike with some damage and very low miles, for a pretty good price. they also have a ton of parts-perfect for the racer or stunter.

I personally put my own reputation on the line for these guys and stand behind them. If anyone EVER needs anything from them, get a hold of me and i will hook it up!

Teach
Good to know.
I will keep it in mind as the time draws closer if I don't find a decent deal locally.
Thank man!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:50 AM

slinky750 is a decent person

i've been down there..i've seen what they do...and i've dealt with a salvage title bike before in NY state.....they can be made good as new..just need to fix them up..keep your receipts and then get it inspected. My friend did that at the begining of last year and got him a sweet 929 for like 5k plus 200 for the inspection and new title...and the bike only had like 1200 miles on it!..one sratch and one crack....a lot of salvage bikes in NY are only salvage because the bike had the case cover smashed and instead of the insurance company fixing the bike and putting oil in it, just to see if anything was bent in the motor..they salvage it....and most the time there isnt anything wrong in the motor....argo is like any other business they have their good and bad days and good and bad employees.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

I bought my 2003 F4i up there. 1st thing I did was drop Teach's name (Probably because there is a giant poster of Mr. McNiel on Damiens Office window) and I got treated very nice. They are tough to deal w/ on price, but that should be any retail bike shop's ways - im used to it cause im a shady used car guy. But after it all got done, i got a good price & a 2003 F4i w/ 1100 miles on it that just needed a subframe & plastics.

THier warehouse is the ****, i was out there. Stunters Dream!!

Quick Reply: Argo's Blows