Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

Manchester, NH to become "Fiddy Friendly" ?

Old 09-19-2003, 02:00 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person
Lightbulb Manchester, NH to become "Fiddy Friendly" ?

On Tuesday Aug. 12th, the aldermanic Committee on Traffic and Public Safety drafted an ordinance designed to regulate motorized skateboards (a.k.a. - go-peds.) The ordinance would set age requirements for operating the vehicle (16 or older), require equipment needs like footwear, and set speed limits.

"I've had a lot of these things riding around my neighborhood," said alderman Armand Forest, one of the designers of the ordinance. "They have lawnmower engines on them, these things can go 30 miles per hour."

The ordinance appears to suggest that vehicle riders obey standard traffic safety laws on public roadways (i.e. - No riding on sidewalks). Meanwhile, police department officials said that the ordinance is a safety issue, that there are currently no laws designed to regulate the proper use of such vehicles, which are becoming more popular. Still, Sgt. mark Fowke, the department's community relations officer, said the intent of any ordinance would "not be to target any specific vehicle." (Though the ordinance does make mention of go-peds.)
Old 09-19-2003, 02:07 PM

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point
do 50's fall into that catagory? If so we are so doing up the town on the five oh's
Old 09-19-2003, 02:20 PM

It sounds like they are trying to make the ordinance rather vague, but they want to be careful to exclude the Segway from these regulations. Since the Segway has no engine and is ridden mostly by "responsible" adults - I'm sure there are many ways to exclude the Segway. I truly believe that once the ordinance is set forth - the definition will come out favoring the 50.

But more importantly... the police are saying that at present time there are no laws designed to regulate such vehicles. So I'm thinkin' they can't stop us from rolling down Elm Street on the Five-Oh's.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
u just gotta register them. They need to pass state inspection. I'm sure if you bought the baja kit and registered the vehicle as a moped, you could drive it on the street no problem. My neighbor has a moped and my 50 can smoke it.... now, what is the difference other than size if you add blinkers, lights, and register it?

Problem is doing wheelies on them can lead to "Operating to Endanger" and you can lose your license. Now, you'll probably just get an unregistered motor vehicle ticket.

Lata,
Brian
Old 09-19-2003, 03:07 PM

Buick will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by ChrisF4i
But more importantly... the police are saying that at present time there are no laws designed to regulate such vehicles. So I'm thinkin' they can't stop us from rolling down Elm Street on the Five-Oh's.
Count me in.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
some friends up here in 'vegas already have street legal kits on them...and as a matter of fact were riding around laconia this past year during bike week...we even parked the fiddy on shannon's bike as it lay on the ground....

been there done that...bri is right, i'd rather run into the woods than get a reckless op doing a 1/2 mph wheelie...

Mr. McNeil

eff the roads, i got you all there too....bring it to the dirt....my house!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 03:39 PM

jimmyjammer is an unknown quantity at this point
You gonna be round Sunday Mr McNeil?

I'm ready to rip up The MBR track!!

Nevermind I'll be in VT

HOLY *** this is 1000 posts for this kid.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:43 PM

Bah, you guys are missing the point. I don't want to go through the whole mumbo-jumbo of a street-legalization kit when these little punks on their go-peds get to terrorize the streets with no consequences. And it's much easier to run from the cops if you were to get caught doing a 1/2 MPH wheelie if you don't have a plate attached to the back of your bike. You can ditch into yards, throught gates... yada, yada, yada. Without fear that the cops already got your tag # and will be there to greet you when you get home. 'Nuff said.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, I've always wondered why my neighbor can buzz around the neighborhood on his little .5hp scooter (that could probably smoke my 50) and I can't. He cruises up and down the sidewalk and the cops don't say ****. If I crusied up and down the sidewalk on my 50 the cops would give me a boat load of ****. I don't get it.

Lata,
Bri
Old 09-19-2003, 04:20 PM

Wild_Bill is an unknown quantity at this point
we arent allowed to ride the fiidy' on the street around here. the neighbors are gay
Old 09-19-2003, 04:29 PM

Rob900 is an unknown quantity at this point
People say they don't see "big" motorcycles on the road. Riding your 50 on a main road with even a little traffic will gets ya killed. (at least in Franklin Ma. were I live.... and yes I know we're talking about NH .)
The last thing I want behind my 50 is a soccer mom on her phone driving her Expedition.
I'll stick to side roads.
Brian made a good point with the ticket result too.
One wheelie on a main road and a real ticket on a 50 would blow dead dogs.

To each is owe though. Good luck to the brave men and women who will ride where I'm afraid to.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:36 PM

I just want equality man! I'm sick of this segregation!!

Oh, and I'm a
Old 09-19-2003, 04:41 PM

Rob900 is an unknown quantity at this point
KILL WHITEY!
Old 09-19-2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Rob900
KILL WHITEY!
Kill him?? Hell, the FBI can't even find him!!!
He's probably hiding out with Osama, Saddam, and Jimmy Hoffa.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:11 AM

gixxerguy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
ME AND 2 BUDDIES WERE

practicing wheelies, well I was honing my skills and they were practicing. we were there for about 2 hours a cop rolled into a gas station across the street went in and got nuts and coffee and rolled out, on his way out he sat at the driveway for about a minute just watching my slow stand ups, and left NOT SAYING A WORD. about 20 minutes later 2 cops roll by one points at us in the parking lot and then the one behind him pulls in and says wut you guys doing, "Officer, just having a lil fun" . Doing wheelies? yes....well I can't have you on this property it's not yours get back over to your buddies cycle shop....sure. he pulls out and I rip one of my stand ups right behind him right across the street. mind you no traffic what so ever it's 330 in the morning.

i'd love to be able to make a journey across town on my fiddy without fear of being caught:-D
Old 09-20-2003, 04:44 PM

Buick will become famous soon enough
Re: ME AND 2 BUDDIES WERE

Originally posted by gixxerguy6
i'd love to be able to make a journey across town on my fiddy without fear of being caught:-D
I've done just about half of my town, but my town is quite small.