www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

Race tire question

Old 03-26-2003, 11:41 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point
Race tire question

Ok for any of you that have been to the track or seen a set of race tires, they kinda tear up on the edges showing where you're accellerating out of the corners. Well I got a pair of take offs that are showing these marks but from street riding. I was on the tires last season and the tires never got torn up. So here's my questions, One, Do you think this is just because I'm getting the tires heated up and the roads are so cold(I think it was around 35 out last night on our rip. Two, the tearing isn't all the way to the edge of the tire so do you think I can push the corners harder?
Old 03-26-2003, 12:05 PM

GixxerRydin2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think anyone has an opinion this topic but what i've read on other boards is that its really hard to get race tires up to the proper temp on the streets, especially when its cold. I've experienced this last fall/winter many times when my tires would push in corners.

tire pressure can change alot of this though, lower the pressure to 20psi and ride a wheelie at 60mph for 1/2-3/4 of a mile and the edges will tear up almost as if your on a track

im not sure i'd trust race take-offs too much in a corner when its cold out, especially if you've been using them for a while. Though i dont know how many, i know there only designed for max performace through a certain number of heat cycles