how fast is a 50

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JOKER-1000 can only hope to improve
Re: how fast is a 50

HAHAHA.....just wanted to ruffle your guys feathers!!!!

Silver...........Right on with the 14 stock..........mine is a 15 then!!!! I do not think you would break it in a day ..............but hey if ya do...........its prolly the way you ride. I've crashed both of mine on the street and the dirt and no problems!!! Dirt one was way worse..........LOL Matt from ST can verify it took a good hit!!!

Fab............yes the seat sucks but doesnt the stock xr's...........I've gotten new bars and its like $75 to revalve the rear shock or buy a new one...........truly not the end of the world with your experience.

Weed........2 problems with the trans and 1 of them already gone due to breaking it in. #1 finding neutral..........fixed #2 cast gears or whatever they have in them.............I've heard they are cheap but have not encoutered any issues.

Well it's been 6 months of abuse and ask anyone if I can't break it ...................then it isn't easily to be broken. :YEAH And you guys said...........Chinese made.........well for $2000 I got a look alike fiddy that does 55mph+ :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

P.S. Took all that electric start **** off too!!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:35 PM

weedracer is a decent person

well you might be the lucky one and got the only good one out of the bunch

but they still suck
Old 03-16-2004, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by weedracer
well you might be the lucky one and got the only good one out of the bunch

but they still suck
WHY??? What do you base this on??? Havent really heard anybody blowing one up or anything severe. Just the peeps that hate it cuz its different. Japanese/chinese.........they all look the same. I check the www.mxstates.com board all the time and just the minor crap (tuning,shock revalving,etc)
Old 03-16-2004, 05:03 PM

just did a quick search on that site you said
and every body who had something good to say about them sold them, so you can't take that to the bank

do a quick search on xr fiddy.com and see what you come up with
try some other sites too and they all say the same thing it is a junk bike
Old 03-16-2004, 05:53 PM

just did a quick search on that site you said
and every body who had something good to say about them sold them, so you can't take that to the bank

do a quick search on xr fiddy.com and see what you come up with
try some other sites too and they all say the same thing it is a junk bike
Think not!! This review..............

http://www.50ccracing.com/cr107_review.htm

DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE SITE......"bought a CR107 several months ago from a dealer I'll leave nameless (still haven't gotten the owners manual I was promised" LMGDMFAO!!! Dust bearings, seats,shock.........small ****!!!

Another.................Pro’s—lightening fast speed, smooth shifting, 70 forks that suck up over shoots, and a butt load of clearance. Front hydraulic brake works like a champ, rear oversized brake pedal is perfect. Heavy duty spokes! IMS style foot pegs!!!

Con’s—finding neutral is near to impossible there for needing the electric start, will not kick over in gear.

Handle bars are too low and clamps are too wide to slap on BMX style bars (break out a drill and move the holes closer)

Knock off style worxs shock way too soft cranked all the way for a 190 # animal

Stock Chinese Cracker Jack tires do not let you hook up at all!

Seat foam is hard on the corn hole compared to others I have used

GET OVER IT!!!

LMAO!!!! Searched too and see nothing except the one for sale that I posted up there cuz I don't need 2!!!
Ya there will be some here and there but...........NOT THAT MANY IF ANY FOR YOU TO SAY WHAT U SAID!!! Seen the reviews and many are quick fixes!!!!

So how do you put $1000 forks w/disk brake into a $1800 bike??? Or $700........ 4 speed manual clutch into a $1800 bike..........$200 bar kit........$400 big bore kit (88cc price)........better swingarm,better shock...........the list goes on and on!!! Well ya got $2300 here on parts and ya got no frame.....no motor.........no tires .............no rims..........no chain no sprocket...........no plastic...........no seat..............no carb...Do I continue????? Well self explain'd.............LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE MADE YOUR $6000 PURCHASE!!!

Some thing's never change.............6 months ago they said have fun with your broken bike!!! Bike runs great and has had less than $150 into extra's in it and ROCKS!!!!

COOPERS RESPONSE.................
First of all, are you going to have the same product review standards on a TTR90 and Tim Ferry’s factory bike? No – you can’t compare a stock XR50 to a BBR. The BBR is much better. Now test a BBR to a Red Baron, a Fast 50, and Sano 50 – now we’re talking apples to apples. Price for Price – High end trick stuff.

Fifteen months ago, my Xtreme sponsor from last year asked me what I thought of building an XR50 copy from China. I said that if we’re going to start from the beginning, let’s improve the XR50 and make it trick from the crate. So compare our CR 107 to an XR50 and it’s much stronger, faster, tricker and has an awesome front brake. Now compare it with $7,000 to $9,000 bikes and we can argue differences there, but not the overall bike. Our front brake is the strongest, most durable out there – period. The weight is more than the downhill bicycle ones. I tested a Magura bicycle front brake and it didn’t last under my testing. The China research and development people had a mechanical front disc on the bike originally. We did not accept that – it had to by hydraulic.

The forks took us some time because we had forks similar to XR70 forks all ready to produce and I felt they weren’t strong enough. My boss, Layne Smith, and I went to a motorcycle mall in China and bought some 33mm forks. The brake was on the wrong side, and the axle was behind the fork, but they were big and tough. We made new molds for the forks, and brought them back to the United States and had Marshall Plumb (Marshall’s Racing) shorten the dampening rod to give us 3-1/2 inches of travel. The overlap is a lot, but that just gives the fork less flex. Out of the crate, you have to admit they work, assuming they are valved correctly for a 150 pound rider. You 180-20! 0 pound riders stop your bitching – any 50 you ride will need work to accommodate your weight.

Our frame is just like an XR50, but the XR50 is 1 mm diameter for the wall thickness, where ours is 1.6 mm thickness. It is stronger, but when you put long forks on and a two inch longer swing arm – leverage takes over and the frame is bending under hard use. We are currently testing a few changes to improve our strength. The stronger the frame is, the more likely you will break something else, though. I have broken many frames and parts in my career, even works parts by over jumping, etc.

Our motors, clutches and starters have been tough and reliable. I have had 36 test units since April with no engine failures. On some, if I downshift from third with the clutch in, it goes past the detent to neutral. That issue has been addressed and we will see on our next shipment if the change is better. I have found downshifting without the clutch works better for me.

It sounds like the buyer that nit-picked everything was expecting my KTM race bike. Please compare it like it should be. Comparing to an XR 50, you would keep the engine cases, frame and plastic and replace every thing else, very expensive!

Regarding the price – Xtreme Motor Company’s MSRP is $2,199.00. We had an introductory price that was low for the dealers to help generate enthusiasm. Our chain guide is now on all of the pit bikes coming out. I am sorry if yours did not come with one, but call your local dealer and he’ll send get you information about purchasing one. The one in the picture was a BBR that we bought.

In the last six months, a lot of research and development has gone on and I can’t believe how much these bikes have evolved. There are more and more aftermarket companies out there now, which is great. They all keep raising the bar. And their parts will fit our bikes too.

There are some things that I do to set my bike up. First, I slide the fork tubes one inch up in the clamps, lowering the front of the bike. I send my shock to Moto-Xtreme in Tulsa and they put in stiffer shims to help the shocks rebound, which runs about $100.00. I take the stock chain off and put a better chain on – about $40.00, put different grips on – about $15.00, and Michelin tires – about $???? I am putting one inch shims under the peg mount to lower the footpegs, and then I cut and reweld the brake pedal over the peg mounts. This way, if I case a jump, the brake pedal doesn’t bend around. By the way – the rider complaining about how pliable the brake pedal is should go price a CR, KX, or YZ pedal. They won’t bend back – they break and need to be replaced at a cost of $????

Let’s not forget – this is backyard fun, a group of guys playing on mini bikes. The wives are letting us go out in the backyards and have our fun. If you get too serious, get out!

I have been testing the two inch longer frame and like it. Kenny Bartram is currently in Europe, but when he returns, we’ll do some endurance testing. It’s not a matter of will we break it, it’s more like if it’s not destroyed in a week or two, we have something pretty good. Our stock frame on a forty-something foot double for a photo shoot was not too kind to me or Ryan Voit, a local intermediate rider. But Kenny and Dennis, my other nephew, were able to keep their frames straight doing the same jump. Kenny tells me I have an old-school style when I land. He says that he is landing easier due to his BMX-style landing. It has been 24 years since I jumped a bicycle 40 feet – I guess I’m old! Kenny has also been successful in doing many back flips on the CR 107 without any damage to the frame (or other parts of the bike).
Old 03-16-2004, 06:09 PM

I got all this for 3g's and I'm proud to ride it

try the post from jhracing and proracermx
oh ya read this got this off another site

[]sorry for the long post but had to do it

Letter from Guy Cooper
First of all, are you going to have the same product review standards on a TTR90 and Tim Ferry’s factory bike? No – you can’t compare a stock XR50 to a BBR. The BBR is much better. Now test a BBR to a Red Baron, a Fast 50, and Sano 50 – now we’re talking apples to apples. Price for Price – High end trick stuff

what didn't live up to the hype...........

1. According to Xtreme the frame is supposed to be stronger than a stock xr50. Well it may be, but not by much at all. had it bent badly in 2 days, 2nd bent badly in 3 days. We both weight about 175lbs. He bent his on a freestyle jump when he overjumped it and flatlanded. I bent mine from just medium size jumps, nothing more than 6ft of air, and no casing.

2. The stock shifter is the same length as a stock xr50, which leads to a lot of missed shifts, and not to mention that it bends about as easy as plastic, not exaggeration at all. It didn't even last without crashing. A replacement is a MUST HAVE!

3. The rear brake pedal is really weak, I had it wrapped around my footpeg the first rut I went through, and to tell you how weak it was, it only took two fingers to bend it back into place. A replacement is a MUST HAVE!

4. Triple clamps. Its not they are junk, just poorly engineered. The bar mounts are actually under 7/8" so they have to be hammered on to and off of your bars. The clamps don't sit the forks out infront of the bike like stock xr50 clamps do, so the turn radius is no where near what a stock 50 can do. Don't expect to do sharp turns.

6. Tires, I couldn't even come out of a corner on the gas without the rear wheel trying to pass me. Your cornering is almost as good as a chopper Harley, **** poor!

7. Transmission. Don't expect to put it into neutral when you want. And don't expect to have perfect shifts, it likes to kick out of gear ALOT!

8. Clutch perch, handle bars, and throttle. One good thing is the throttle is aluminum, but its has way too long of pull. Who designed the clutch perch and lever? The bars are way too low. When replacing with BMX bars, longer cables are needed, that means a front hydraulic line as well!

9. Air filter, it doesn't work too well in dirt.

10. Carb, its a mikuni, but doesn't have a idle adjuster, and airscrew is a pain to reach.

11. Exhaust, a joke. on some bikes it melts the shrouds. On all of them the head pipe is held into the muffler with a tiny machine screw. This leads to a loose fit and alot of clatter as well as lost performance.

12. Chain roller self destructs in 2 rides.

13. No rear chain guide like pictured on web site!

14. The rear shock has too fast of rebound, when you kick start, the rear wheel hops. But when ridding its not that bad really. IF you adjust the spring preload to much its horrible. Its best kept soft for traction. But it is much much better than a stock 50 shock with springs!

15. The wiring job on the electronics look like high schoolers did the work.

Summary.

Overall I would rate the bike a 4/10. Its very very low quality, from easy to bend parts, to stripped bolts, bending frame, poor transmission, junk chain roller, poor turning.

I would only buy this bike to use the motor, and fix (frame, swingarm, bars, forks, disk brake, and have somebody make you new triple clamps that hold the forks out farther from the frame so you can turn sharp). If I had it all to do over again, I would buy a used Xr50 on eBay with an 88 kit, suspension, frame, and control mods for the same money, hands down.[]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-020F.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	69471   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-018F.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	69472  
Old 03-16-2004, 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=weedracer]I got all this for 3g's and I'm proud to ride it

What did you do for 3k???Or 2k - the bike!!

Don't me either I know reg and dealer costs!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:20 PM

Eitherway.........I am happy with the bike and thats what matters and have extra coinage in my pocket!!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:38 PM

MagicCowInUse is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, when i get my 50, im hooking up a gps, for road trips and long journys!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by MagicCowInUse
yeah, when i get my 50, im hooking up a gps, for road trips and long journys!
In D town we cruise the blocks!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:09 AM

frame forks swingarm shock manuel clutch 88 light bore bmx bars rev box plastics sticker kit etc
Old 03-17-2004, 12:25 AM

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOKER-1000
Eitherway.........I am happy with the bike and thats what matters and have extra coinage in my pocket!!

and according to your previous pictures.....it makes GREAT Living Room Furniture.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

I weight about 155 and my all stock 50 went 37 being clocked off my friend truck next to me. Don't know how accurate that is but its gotta be close. And some are faster then others 4 of us bought them at the same time and mine runs more mph then theres its a fluke I guess.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:42 AM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, these bikes arent all the same. Many things come stock screwed up, like swingarms. Many things god with you speed. If you have bad bearings, brakes are stuck on, loose chain you motor will not rev as high and you will go slower.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:28 AM

kx250one is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have a fiddy for sale? I am not trying to spend a lot on one. But I will trade my new scooter for one. It does like 35, full suspnsion, and disks all around. LMK
Old 03-17-2004, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
and according to your previous pictures.....it makes GREAT Living Room Furniture.
BIG HOUSE ...............LOTTSA ROOM...........YOU WOULDN'T KNOW!!

1000....................... CAN'T BE COLD!!!! And was a joke to some (HAHA...............CHRISTMAS TREE)!! Thought we had this convo before..........DON'T JUDGE ME.......WORRY BOUT YOUR SO CALLED PROPERTY INVESTMENTS!!

107 WAS IN PIC BECAUSE..................... I was working on swapping tires, chain, sprocket, bars and other minor ****!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 04:27 PM

frame forks swingarm shock manuel clutch 88 light bore bmx bars rev box plastics sticker kit etc
Hmmmm..............$1000 to start for the bike. Frame benefit of the doubt $500 prolly more. Swingarm.............$250 at least. Shock $200. Manuel clutch ....$400 doubt you got cheaper and doubt you bought 5 speed. 88 bore (light big bore...LMAO)...............approx $300 . Bar kit ...........minimum $200. Rev box.........least $50. Sticker kit..............least $50.

Now lets total them #'s!!!!!! $2950 and you still have no forks...........no front disk...........no H/D rims...........no exhaust.............no electrical system which I disabled anyhow (cheesy)...........and your short 1 gear in the clutch and ya would get smoked!!!

NOW YOU PAID MORE..............AND HAVE LESS!!!! Get a clue dewd...wake the fock up!!!!! You'd need nothing less that this kit to have a chance http://www.kingracingusa.com/kr_reta...products_id=61 and please dont forget the approx $150 for the 20 mm carb. Add another lets say $1000 (prolly need $250 exhaust too) to your $2950 and ya have your $4000 xr50 that will hang with the $1800 cr107.

HOPE I EXPLAINED IT GOOD NUFF 4 EVEN YOU!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:09 PM

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Carb is $100 and exhaust is $140 FMF.

Everyone of your prices is way higher. Ebay has everything dirt cheap.

I could build a real 50 that looks like yours for about $2700....

$$$$ well spent for a bike that will last.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
Carb is $100 and exhaust is $140 FMF.

Everyone of your prices is way higher. Ebay has everything dirt cheap.

I could build a real 50 that looks like yours for about $2700....

$$$$ well spent for a bike that will last.
MKKKK.....I'm in the busines to get things done..............NOT WAIT 7 DAYS AND GET OUT BID!!!!

Trust me .......MINE WILL LAST.....RIGHT UNTIL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG!!!

TY for the advise.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JOKER-1000
Hmmmm..............$1000 to start for the bike. Frame benefit of the doubt $500 prolly more. Swingarm.............$250 at least. Shock $200. Manuel clutch ....$400 doubt you got cheaper and doubt you bought 5 speed. 88 bore (light big bore...LMAO)...............approx $300 . Bar kit ...........minimum $200. Rev box.........least $50. Sticker kit..............least $50.

Now lets total them #'s!!!!!! $2950 and you still have no forks...........no front disk...........no H/D rims...........no exhaust.............no electrical system which I disabled anyhow (cheesy)...........and your short 1 gear in the clutch and ya would get smoked!!!

NOW YOU PAID MORE..............AND HAVE LESS!!!! Get a clue dewd...wake the fock up!!!!! You'd need nothing less that this kit to have a chance http://www.kingracingusa.com/kr_reta...products_id=61 and please dont forget the approx $150 for the 20 mm carb. Add another lets say $1000 (prolly need $250 exhaust too) to your $2950 and ya have your $4000 xr50 that will hang with the $1800 cr107.

well buddy frist things first I don't shop at RIP ME OFF . COM

if you realy want to see how much I paid on paper I'll show ya
but I'm not some stuck up kid who brags about what I paid for ****,
and I never buy somthing until I get a good deal, I stay on the phone until they crack, every thing is always on sale or something can be tossed in the mix

Manuel clutch ....$400 try 200 shipped next day air

Quick Reply: how fast is a 50