advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 04:01 AM
Regular StuntLifer

ocat is an unknown quantity at this point
advice needed

heres the deal...

some guy is selling a 2001 xr70 for 350. the guy says an old tenant left it in his room, and that he has called him and never got ahold of him. 2 yrs later he still has it and wants to get rid of it. He says he has starts it every now and then to keep it running and has taken it out once. He also says that he tried to get it registered but that he found out that there was no VIN #'s anywhere on the bike, so he told me that he knows nothing about the history of the bike.

i know its probably stolen or something, it sounds pretty clear.
should i get this? 350 for a 70 is damn cheap.
obviouslyi cant take it to any shops to get it fixed, how do cops respond when they roll up and theres a 50 stuntin or ridin? Do they automatically ask for papers and **** or do they ask u to put it away and leave?'

how can i tell this is really a xr70 apart from aesthetics? i dont want a ****in frame with some bullshit engine rockin xr70 plastics. what would be the best way to go about makin sure this really an xr70.

any thing else im missing???
Old 01-19-2004, 07:26 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FREE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: advice needed

Originally Posted by ridemyf4i
heres the deal...

some guy is selling a 2001 xr70 for 350. the guy says an old tenant left it in his room, and that he has called him and never got ahold of him. 2 yrs later he still has it and wants to get rid of it. He says he has starts it every now and then to keep it running and has taken it out once. He also says that he tried to get it registered but that he found out that there was no VIN #'s anywhere on the bike, so he told me that he knows nothing about the history of the bike.

i know its probably stolen or something, it sounds pretty clear.
should i get this? 350 for a 70 is damn cheap.
obviouslyi cant take it to any shops to get it fixed, how do cops respond when they roll up and theres a 50 stuntin or ridin? Do they automatically ask for papers and **** or do they ask u to put it away and leave?'

how can i tell this is really a xr70 apart from aesthetics? i dont want a ****in frame with some bullshit engine rockin xr70 plastics. what would be the best way to go about makin sure this really an xr70.

any thing else im missing???
buy it asap 350 is a steal, and since you did not steal it yourself, and have no actual evidence that it's stolen.... buy it ...... F it..... you will have loads of fun with it. and can always sell it and get your money back.... buy it then sell it to one of the guys on stuntlife.
Attached Images    
Old 01-19-2004, 07:43 AM

crowdlg is an unknown quantity at this point

there is definatly a vin on the steering neck.if it bothers you so bad that it may be stolen buy it and get a xr50 frame off ebay and switch all the motor,forks,swing arm over get some xr50 plastics and you would have a real cheap hopped up 50.will already be a big bore with better suspention.hell the motor alone is worth the 350.00 price
Old 01-19-2004, 09:51 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

uh, hello yea!

grab that joint ASAP!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:27 PM

KOTO is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude if you don't buy it I will. If you wanna make sure it's an XR70, look around on the engine for the Honda name, look on the cylinder head for the CC size, and bring a picture of a 70 with you. I doubt it's a fake cause I've never seen one that could have XR70 plastics on it.

Cops almost never check VIN umbers, I've never heard of 'em doin that. I don't carry any papers around with me when i ride.
:YEAH
Old 01-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Regular StuntLifer

ocat is an unknown quantity at this point

i just picked it up for 350

thanks guys

hey if any of yall have AIM post it up, cuz i wanna go over all the bike and check all the maintenance and its so much faster than postin.

thanks again
Old 01-23-2004, 01:56 AM

covertwar is a decent person

take pics
Old 01-23-2004, 04:06 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FREE is an unknown quantity at this point

SHWEET, the most fun that you will ever have that cheep!