wheelin info????

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 01:18 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelin info????

alright i got my 50 about 3 days ago and dont ride it very often...its completely stock except for the adult bars.... i can ride a wheelie without usin the rear brake for a good 40ft just usin throttle then it drops everytime.....i see all these videos of peeps do wheelies for days(some usin rear brake some not)

without usin the rear brake, wats the damn secret??? are u turnin up the idle? wat gear u in? wat modifications did u do(motor and non-motor)???

come on guys help me out......ive had this thang for 3 days and im in love...i can take it everywhere i go and ride all day without gettin arrested
Old 12-05-2003, 01:27 AM

nsutke222 is an unknown quantity at this point
3rd gear, find the balance point, slow it down and use the rear brake.. you can only chase a wheelie so far before you run outta gear..
Old 12-05-2003, 05:26 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FREE is an unknown quantity at this point
had my fiddy 3 months, still chasing the balance point, I can do a basic sit down wheelie for 100's of yards at a time, cant do anything else very cool yet... working on 1 handers, no footers, standup's (stock pegs), only get to practice a few hours a week though, so progress is sloooow, practice, practice practice is the key ( so they tell me ) Hey some one look at my basic wheelie position and tell me if its good or bad body positioning. then tell me how to move on to good stable long wheelie variations... BTW I do 2nd gear wheelies, warn stock tires.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nov 1 free wheelie.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	50765  
Old 12-05-2003, 11:22 AM

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're just riding it, you really don't need to worry about the rear brake. It's useful incase you go too far past the bp, as a stock fifty motor doesn't really have enough compression to bring it back. Just keep practicing, and get comfortable on it. When I was first starting, I found it easier to ride distances if I blipped the throttle instead just giving it steady throttle.

and free, your form looks fine
Old 12-05-2003, 11:31 AM

02redr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i've found that if you can bounce it up and sit higher on the seat, which brings the balance point higher, it is easier to keep them up b/c you don't go so far down and the motor can more easily bring the front end back up.........or so it seems
Old 12-05-2003, 11:35 AM

gixxerguy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
CHASIN BALANCE POINT

Originally posted by FREE
had my fiddy 3 months, still chasing the balance point

U SUCK

DOOD WE ALL HAVE TO GET TOGETHER

I can't believe I didn't make it up there at the stuntday that my fellow 2BITRDR made it to without me.

oh btw you don't suck

I'm just in a good mood cuz my z- replica sold and I am getting an 04 crf.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:30 PM

weedracer is a decent person
try and learn 1st gear wheelies
It makes up work with the rear brake more and help you learn side to side balance more too
2nd and 3rd gear wheelies are essayer so if you practice 1st gear the other two gears will flow like butta
plus when you creep real slow it just looks cooler
Old 12-06-2003, 09:42 PM

potential is a decent person
goddamn if you can get 1st gear wheelies down you'll be able to wheelie that thing all day! 1st gear is definitely the hardest gear to wheelie - try learning 2nd gears first, maybe loose a little air pressure in the rear for more side-to-side stability. it'll come up way easier at lower RPM's but will be harder to balance left/right without the momentum, so just figure out what's comfortable (you can EASILY wheelie 2nd from almost a standstill). most guys ride these things close to stock, no mods needed to ride a sick wheelie just practice!
B
Old 12-09-2003, 04:51 AM

Yellas1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a Z50. The way that I learned how to use the back brake was to tightnen it up to where you just barely have to touch it. then I would get inthe grass and go real slow in 1st gear and bring it up quick. Then I would stomp on the backbrake so I could get used to it. Once you get that then find a crack in the street bring it up at the crack and try to get to another point. You will get to the piont that you will be going forever. For me I JUST GOT IT one day. Now I can do circles, one handers, coasters, and much more that I don't wanna mention..