Try one hand pull up to one hand circle

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM

skateparkdave is a decent person
Try one hand pull up to one hand circle

My son and I had a lil 20 minute session today and he taught me one hand sit down pull up to one hand sit down circles! I am amazed how easy they are.

Dont get me wrong. I assume the fact that I already had one hander pull up to one hand "carry it" sit downs in the bag probably helped.

It's just a matter of ***** really. Roll sit down, stick one hand in the air and throttle into a wheelie then stick that left arm out horizontally and turn in and use the arm as counter balance while you circle.

Kind of scary to try if you are hand brake acclimated.

I was being a puss to try it but when I did I went around twice and it surprised the hell outta me. A few later and I was doing them to dizzy.

It's one of those easy tricks that looks like they'd be hard as hell and scary but arent.

Try it!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Shawn742 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Try one hand pull up to one hand circle

I don't see the scare factor but I guess we're all different, congrats on learning a new trick.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

What are you talking about "pull up" and "carry it"

And put on a helmet, especially if you are working with a little one, show him the right things
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn742
I don't see the scare factor but I guess we're all different, congrats on learning a new trick.
It's mainly because I've become so hand brake dependent.

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
What are you talking about "pull up" and "carry it"

And put on a helmet, especially if you are working with a little one, show him the right things
Pull up = Hold bars with one "throttle hand only" and pull the freakin' front wheel off the ground using only throttle hand and carry and control the wheelie one handed from start to finish with control.

Carry it = Just that, control and carry out a lengthy wheelie.

Ha ha, my "little one" is 23 yrs. old and probably rides better than all of us. Sucker does flamingo circles and crazy combo's you wouldn't believe.

Not saying a helmet would hurt...just you know, it's a fiddy...we wear gear for the big bikes but I aint wearing a lid to ride running speed, or skate, or walk down the road. I just feel I ride better/safer with peripheral vision. Especially stunting in a lot of cars buzzing around.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Nice rationalization on the helmet thing
Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 AM

Soldier_89 is a decent person

ill diff put on a helmet once i start getting into big tricks and stuff.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 AM

Just to clarify things I have and do wear a helmet when attempting new sketchy tricks. As far as farting around on a fiddy. I'm pretty comfortable with what I can do and will usually just toss it and run away or tuck and roll if things go wrong.

Not bragging at all but I've been riding various bikes for 40 yrs and have a decent knowledge of my limitations.

I most assuredly would recommend helmets for kids and beginners.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:32 AM

napalm__rain is a decent person

get you kid doing one handed flamigo circles
Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Lenzin is an unknown quantity at this point

ur helmet logic will result in a busted face one day.....

but to each their own, ur a grown man and dont need people to tell u what to do..

You head will smash just as hard at 5k an hour as it would at 50k..........hitting ur head, is hitting ur head.....
Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by napalm__rain
get you kid doing one handed flamigo circles
Again, my "kid" is almost 24 with a BS in psychology. (just seems like everyone thinks he's a little guy) and he has actually done one hand flamingo circles already. I've seen him go around four full circles that way.

Originally Posted by Lenzin
ur helmet logic will result in a busted face one day.....

but to each their own, ur a grown man and dont need people to tell u what to do..

You head will smash just as hard at 5k an hour as it would at 50k..........hitting ur head, is hitting ur head.....
Dude C'mon! Is the kettle calling the tea pot black here or what? I dont see no lid on your melon if thats you in your avatar waiting for that tire to get sticky, catch traction, and slam your un helmeted bean into the pavement. I'd be wearing one there myself with the 600.

I own and operate an indoor skatepark guys, have for the last 8 years. I am very aware of, and have seen first hand the pros and cons of helmet wear and have sent about as many kids to the hospital who were wearing one as who were not. I have actually seen a bad neck injury result from a helmet. Even still, I enforce a strict helmet rule due to my insurance and the fact that I do believe that over all, it's a numbers game and best to have one on.

Like I said, on fifties, in a buzzing lot of cars (Sams manager lets us ride lot) I PERSONALLY feel like FOR ME that hearing and seeing good and not getting hit by a car is safer. But I'm not a beginner. I've been riding all my life. Not saying I'm all a great stunter, getting too old for alot, but I can pretty much wheelie indefinetly in my sleep.

That being said, why the hell has this gone OT? I just came in from riding happy that something I percieved to be difficult (pulling up a sitdown wheelie one handed and turning it into one hand circles) turned out to be pretty easy for me. I actually feel kind of about posting this thread in the first place and now I'm being mother hen'd about a stupid helmet. My mom died of cancer when I was 30 guys, I'm kind of set in my ways but I do appreciate everyones concern.

NOW, EVERYONE AND ANYONE who has never, and I mean NEVER EVER, got on your fiddy and goofed around without a helmet, by all means cast the first stone! I wont believe you, but go ahead STONE ME! I'll wear a helmet for that.

Think I'll go ride!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:21 AM

famous101 is a decent person

Originally Posted by skateparkdave
Again, my "kid" is almost 24 with a BS in psychology. (just seems like everyone thinks he's a little guy) and he has actually done one hand flamingo circles already. I've seen him go around four full circles that way.

Video?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:00 AM

jake07 is a decent person

I bought a cheap mx helmet for mine and rode with it for about 2 minutes. same with a street helmet. they just get in the way too much. I feel like i cant control the bike as well since the 50 wobbles so much. I just get sloppy with a helmet on.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 AM

J150 is a decent person

dude post some footage **** like this never flies without fotage its praticaly worthless nobody cares about you but when you say my kid peaple tend to think of a young person all im saying is dont post things on here like that without some sort a proof and 1 handed flamingo circles Cmon its not a streetbike I realy would like to see that its hard just to do 1 handed ss
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM

Dat_Boi is a decent person

Break the camera out next time and post that ****.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by J150
dude post some footage **** like this never flies without fotage its praticaly worthless nobody cares about you but when you say my kid peaple tend to think of a young person all im saying is dont post things on here like that without some sort a proof and 1 handed flamingo circles Cmon its not a streetbike I realy would like to see that its hard just to do 1 handed ss

u aint gotta be a d bag about it man......hes jut saying his son can tear it up......thats all who care if he has footage or not.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Soldier_89
u aint gotta be a d bag about it man......hes jut saying his son can tear it up......thats all who care if he has footage or not.
Thanks dude, I was thinking the same thing.

Anyways, we rode Sams lot last night and for some reason they had half the lights off but we goofed off anyways in the dark.

My sons girlfriend filmed us with her shitty camera and the battery went dead before we even got warmed up. I dont think the one hand flamingo is on here but at least you guys can see the possibilities...

It was dark so adjust your monitors brightness.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMgCR5U0dmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpodl_7l8_o

Last edited by skateparkdave; 01-23-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: blah blah bad vid
Old 01-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Dude C'mon! Is the kettle calling the tea pot black here or what? I dont see no lid on your melon if thats you in your avatar waiting for that tire to get sticky, catch traction, and slam your un helmeted bean into the pavement.
Even on a 50 you could split your wig.

I took a peg to the back of a helmet on my 50, SPLIT the helmet. I can almost guarantee if I wasen't wearing a helmet, that peg would have went through my skull
Old 01-23-2009, 04:04 PM

Well here's a famingo, not one handed but still. The one he did didn't come out in the dark. Oh well, at least you can see it could be possible. Next time we ride in the light I'll get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RhVNnHGmDo
Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 PM

Dat_Boi is a decent person

Well here's a famingo, not one handed but still. The one he did didn't come out in the dark. Oh well, at least you can see it could be possible. Next time we ride in the light I'll get it.

Hell yea brother good ****!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:57 PM

i dnt think he is going to show his face in this thread again b.c. he just got ***** slapped in the face...lol ps good ****.

Quick Reply: Try one hand pull up to one hand circle