A really weak questioon

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 PM

skyline1506 is an unknown quantity at this point
A really weak questioon

I am from Ohio, 95% of the riding we do is off road. We have trails, MX Tracks, Converted BMX trails, and all kinds of stuff for our fiddy's. The only real rode riding we get into is just messing around. Just riding to peoples houses and parties and stuff, or just going on a ride for the hell of it. However seeing all this stunting and street riding is basically new to me. Its awesome and I am really excited for summer to try some new stuff. Anyway my question to anyone is how do you start off you wheelies before you stunt. I mean I can ride a wheelie fine, but I am saying just to start off in one, do you start off in first gear and shift to second when the bike is up, or do you start off in second? My bike is bored to 88 if it makes any difference.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Re: A really weak questioon

You can pull it up in 1st 2nd or 3rd. Its all about practice. You can also shift gears if you want to. Go out and play, it will come to ya!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 AM

Ok cool, thanks man. I wasn't too sure, from the vids it just seemed like they were popping up real fast. Actually, last night i rode on my drive way for like 3 hrs just practicing my balance seated and standing(wheelies).
Old 05-04-2006, 09:23 AM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shugga
You can pull it up in 1st 2nd or 3rd. Its all about practice. You can also shift gears if you want to. Go out and play, it will come to ya!

If your kinda new to riding wheelies on a 50 i really do NOT recommend that you shift... a 50 will put you on your a** so fast you wont even have a chance to blink if you shift in a wheelie and really really dont have the feel for it. they do not **** like a big bike, they kinda pop into gear and will def bite you if your not careful
Old 05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: A really weak questioon

If you are going slow and in 2nd or 3rd , it would probably be easier to pull up the wheel if you had rear pegs .
Doing a staggered position or using both pegs .

Just my
Old 05-04-2006, 11:15 AM

moorport is a decent person

Just pop them up in any gear on a 50 with an 88cc kit. Then once you get that down, you can start off in first, shift to second, pic up speed by riding just below the balance point, then shift to 3rd, bust a few combos, go back to the seat, pull 3rd way back, past the balance point, pull up on the shifter, coast it out, then downshift back to first and spin some circle combos! It is possible to go through the gears, but real tricky with the auto clutch.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:15 AM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Make sure you learn to work the back brake first. Even stock, a firm click to second can dump you over the back if you're not ready to catch it. Once you get used to workin' the brake, it's a piece of cake. As far as what gear, it just depends on what you're doing. Slow stuff, circles, etc is all 1st gear for me. Anything else is second gear. I don't use third for much other than running from the cops
Old 05-04-2006, 01:52 PM

Hey thanks alot for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it. I have been working on them mainly in second and in first for as long as the gear lasts and I am having a blast. I will definetly start trying to work the brake. I tried to shift an it wasn't pretty. Thanks again for everyone being so helpful, I really appreciate it.

sky
Old 05-12-2006, 11:24 PM

cycleworks24 is an unknown quantity at this point

• i just started street riding myself. i also have a crf with 88cc big bore kit and i have found the best way to wheelie is just pick it up in third. like it was said before if you try to shift you will be on your back before you can think about it. i have some really good footage of a friend who tried that yesterday. not to mention some twisted bars and a cracked clutch cover. good luck
Old 05-13-2006, 12:06 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shugga
+1
Old 05-14-2006, 05:04 PM

acanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Shifting from 1st to 2nd is hard cause it will try to throw you off the bike, but 2nd to 3rd is alot easier. The front actually drops down more instead of trying to loop.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skyline1506
I have been working on them mainly in second and in first for as long as the gear lasts and I am having a blast. I will definetly start trying to work the brake.

sky
Sky i just re-read this thread and i seen that you wrote this .

It sounds like you are doing power wheelies on the fiddy and you are running out of power and the front end falls .

You really have to use the throttle alot . Especially in first gear . And getting your brake control is a plus too .

Watch this video and see how much he is on and off the thottle . You gotta stay above the balance point a little (especially 1st gear) and you will be able to go forever in any gear . (Learn 1st gear)

1st gear wheelie

Get something to drink before you watch this

Right click and "Save Target As"
http://www.motopimps.com/cotw03.wmv
Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM

Hey thanks everyone for all the help and support. Thanks Crazy, yea you were right, i was working the throttle, but very little mainly just to get the balance to get through the rest of the gear. Now I have been working on using the throttle and things are going much better. I am starting to get decent at it, nothing special yet, but a good amount of parking spaces. Also that vid was sick man, that is ridiculous. I would think he had to start cramping up a little bit.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Crazy D
damn!!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:29 PM

sytfu_RR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crazy D

Right click and "Save Target As"
http://www.motopimps.com/cotw03.wmv
dammmmmmm :YEAH