View Poll Results: CC Exclusive Video Section
DO IT! I'd prefer that you bill me once a year
9.09%
DO IT! I'd prefer that you bill me every month
9.09%
just make regular Videos.
54.55%
you guys suck and I wouldn't watch your stunts if they came w/ free beer.
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

CC Website Video Subscription?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 12:25 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
CC Website Video Subscription?

howdy fellow SL users.

I have been contemplating a few moves for our website/video etc. and have a question for all stunt enthusiasts.

If we added a subscription section to our website for EXCLUSIVE monthly video clips who would be interested?

and what would be a fair cost? a one time one year subscription, a month by month billing, etc.

the vid clips would be TOP QUALITY, as many of you users know the CC always reps good vid clips. They would be appx 10-15 min. long. And would include all CC riders, friends, events, etc.

please vote and respond w/ any comments or suggestions.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:31 PM

To start off we will say $5 a month or $50 a year.

only $50 for over 2 hrs of CC vid clips. that's a steal if ya ask me.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:52 PM

TBarr is an unknown quantity at this point
No way dude. I could get good **** for that price.
You are dreaming.

Tim
Old 01-27-2003, 03:01 PM

understood, BUT what you all need to take into consideration is the cost of bandwidth you use when you watch vids on any website.

everyone seems to like our vids, and we like making em. BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY MONEY TO POST VIDS. that would be bassackwards.

this was just an idea I had to keep you stunt enthusiasts up to date w/ the freshest CC hustlin. Think about how old most of the movies you buy/see/STEAL and how old and out dated they are. With this fancy concept you could see moves that are BRAND SPANKING NEW like the Bundy, or the dirty sanchez.

AND WHO SAYS THERE CANT BE ****. If I get a few dollaz coming in, I wouldn't be scared to dish it out for some good ole back room facials. LOL

whatcha all think KEEP POSTIN
Old 01-27-2003, 03:47 PM

ALRIGHT WHAT IF IT WAS 2 DOLLARS A MONTH.?

ANYONE?
Old 01-27-2003, 03:50 PM

THAT'S 12 DOLLARS A YEAR.!!! vid clips would be reduced to 5 min.

so thats 1 hr. of UP TO DATE footage throughout the year. and there would prolly be member freebies shirts, stickers, etc.

work w/ me here fellaz.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Big Rodg C.C.
ALRIGHT WHAT IF IT WAS 2 DOLLARS A MONTH.?

ANYONE?
THAT'S 12 DOLLARS A YEAR.!!! vid clips would be reduced to 5 min.

need a calculator?
if you are saying $2 per month, wouldn't it come out to $24 per year?
Old 01-27-2003, 04:25 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
AND WHO SAYS THERE CANT BE ****. If I get a few dollaz coming in, I wouldn't be scared to dish it out for some good ole back room facials. LOL

whatcha all think KEEP POSTIN
Backroom Facials the shiiiit
Old 01-27-2003, 04:44 PM

adamgeek is an unknown quantity at this point
i personally have no problem paying to be entertained when it comes to stunt footage.. if i'll spend $30 for darius' 40 minute DVD, i'll spend $5/month to watch 10-15 mins of well put together video.. but, honestly, i don't enjoy just watching 10 second clips. watching a well edited and composed video is entertaining, watching 30 clips individually is less so.

also, you need to factor in the quality of the video.. one reason i don't mind shelling out good money for a DVD is that the footage is quality (in the range of 2-4mb/ps usually).. i don't know if i'd be as eager to pay for 320x240 video with tons of compression and artifcating.

as far as bandwidth, you should be paying in the range of $.30-.40/GB.. so i don't know how much i buy the "it costs so much" argument.. even a 40 minute DVD is only gonna run 2-3GB, so that'd be around $1.50 at most in bandwidth per user (assuming each user downloads the equivalent or less, of a 40 minute DVD each month).

just some of my.. $.02, hope that helped.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:47 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Rodg, if you need lots of bandwidth CHEAP. Let me know.. PM me
Old 01-27-2003, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by adamgeek
i personally have no problem paying to be entertained when it comes to stunt footage.. if i'll spend $30 for darius' 40 minute DVD, i'll spend $5/month to watch 10-15 mins of well put together video.. but, honestly, i don't enjoy just watching 10 second clips. watching a well edited and composed video is entertaining, watching 30 clips individually is less so.

also, you need to factor in the quality of the video.. one reason i don't mind shelling out good money for a DVD is that the footage is quality (in the range of 2-4mb/ps usually).. i don't know if i'd be as eager to pay for 320x240 video with tons of compression and artifcating.

as far as bandwidth, you should be paying in the range of $.30-.40/GB.. so i don't know how much i buy the "it costs so much" argument.. even a 40 minute DVD is only gonna run 2-3GB, so that'd be around $1.50 at most in bandwidth per user (assuming each user downloads the equivalent or less, of a 40 minute DVD each month).
VERY HELPFUL

this is my point though. say every stuntlife use downloads that 2-3 gigs be it through out the year or all at once.

thats $3000, and it's not coming out of my pocket.

Last edited by -Rodger-; 01-27-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:08 PM

adamgeek is an unknown quantity at this point
VERY HELPFUL

this is my point though. say every stuntlife use downloads that 2-3 gigs be it through out the year or all at once.

thats $3000, and it's not coming out of my pocket.

maybe you're paying too much for bandwidth.. cause i can't imagine a $3k server bill.. i run several colocated servers (pushing 400GB/month or more each) and my monthly bill isn't even near $1k. do you have any idea how LARGE a gigabyte is, in terms of downloading across the net? assuming a user with a 384kb ADSL connection is downloading ONLY from your site, a 2GB video would take something like 13 straight hours to download.

Lemme try and put it another way.. if every month, you released a 30 minute long video, in 512x384 DIVX (which is big enough to look decent at fullscreen on a 19" monitor but not too large to download sort-of quickly). That file would be around 350megs, which should cost you something like $.30 (at most) everytime it's downloaded. Ask users to right-click-save-as and view it from their machine (or even better, ZIP it so they have no choice but to download it, which also saves on file size)... and use a MySql backend to ensure that each user is allowed only 2-3 downloads a month of the clip before they are asked to pay some sort of bandwidth surcharge. That would still leave you a fairly healthy profit margin on a $3-4/month membership.

my second $.02 (that makes $.04 from me now, heh).

Last edited by adamgeek; 01-27-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:21 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Yeah, id go for $2 a month. Rodg all your vids have been phat.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:54 PM

Chris SSB is an unknown quantity at this point
I could not see paying for something that is so readily available for free.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:48 PM

if you want to see a streetbike wheelie, sure you could find plenty of vids for free. if you want to see an XR50 do a wheelie, sure you could find plenty of vids for free....BUT THEY WOULD BE GA BAGE.

please don't be little us w/ your ignorance, THE CC WOULD ONLY PUT MANDIBUL LOWERING MATERIAL on said vids.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:53 PM

Chris SSB is an unknown quantity at this point
The poll says it all!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Regular StuntLifer

fugi996 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont mind throwing a few bones for it, i just think of it a s supporting your local stunt rider