WHY Hollywood why

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:32 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point
WHY Hollywood why

i know this has probably been said before,but i just can't help it.

I watched the movie "torque" last night and I am so sorry I did. This is the worst movie I have ever seen. I thought biker boyz was the bottom of the proverbial barrel but was I wrong. I am so pissed that the first movies that hollywood made for stunters are so aweful it made me mad that I rented it. not because I'm out a few bucks for the rental but that some percentage of MY few bucks went to the pocket of that moron that directed that movie!
Allthough I have been riding for about 12 years now, I am still in the begining stages of stunting and trust me when I say that the little amount of footage I've shot on my 350.00 JVC camcorder deserves an oscar in comparison to that waste of a time movie.

Ever seen "men at work" I mean that movie was ok but my point is they were able to make garbage men look great in that one. So hollywood steals stunting from us and with all thier money, with all thier special effects, with all thier tech. ability and what do they produce,,, a giant turd. That makes something awesome,,that, as we all know didn't need any help looking awesome and somehow they ruined it.

I could do a better job with a pinhole camera made from a shoebox.

If you haven't seen this movie,,,don't as a matter of fact next time your in blockbuster take them off the shelves and hide them behind Ishtar.

Incidentally this was done by the same tool that did "the fast and the furious"
after seeing that, swat, and this, I will never watch a movie done by him again.

Just my
Old 06-03-2004, 02:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person
Re: WHY Hollywood why

I think Torque is cool.

It's a movie, not a documentary on stunting. Just my **** in a bucket.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:44 PM

You have a good point Chris but,,,common, didn't you feel like gaging when the two chicks did that stupid move. and the train scene, and the jet bike vs. the Harley and for some reason the Harley was in front.
I know it's not a documentery but common Tron was more believable.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:57 PM

LincolnHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I am a car buff before bikes and when Fast and the Furious came out, I laughed my *** off. I mean, when they are trying to be all technical and ****, they didn't make sense. I am a Mechanical Engineering major and all the crap they were rattling off about engines was amusing, you could imagine how I wanted to smack the director for butchering the word "Nitrous Oxide", making "NAWS" universal. I still enjoy watching the movie over and over again, its entertaining and thats all that matters.

Blake :YEAH
Old 06-03-2004, 02:59 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Torque looks liek a joke - I haven't even seen it.......

Biker boyz was bad enough and it had real stunts.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:26 PM

If you saw biker boyz and didn't like it....DON'T see Torque,,, please save yourself man. If I can save just one person from watching that movie I'll feel like a fricken hero.

Dude, I agree with the post about fast and the furious. I made the mistake of buying that one, but at least that's watchable especially for the charger and it is an ok movie if you turn the volume down and play some music or something. I'm a wrench too and liked when vin deisel said "double clutching" I might be wrong but isn't double clutching downshifting multiple gears? Plobably not what you want to do in the quarter mile eh?

Anywhoo, save yourself man. no matter what don't rent it,,, you'll be better off renting anything else, even one of those travel documentries.

And if you really want to watch it, just follow this advice ok. Watch the first 20 miniutes or so and turn it off put it back in the box and return it.

again my
Old 06-03-2004, 03:45 PM
HERE COMES THE POLICE.

COOKIE MONSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

IT'S A MOVIE.. WHAT ABOUT WHEN JAMES BOND JUMPS OUT OF A PLANE OR WHEN TOM CRUISE BLOWS UP A CAR. IT'S NOT REAL BUT IT'S FUN TOO WATCH. THEY ARE MOVIES. WE SHOULD NOT CRITIZE THE MOVES THAT ARE PREFORMED BUT THE ACTING IN THE MOVIE ITSELF.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:04 PM

Radguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
IT'S A MOVIE.. WHAT ABOUT WHEN JAMES BOND JUMPS OUT OF A PLANE OR WHEN TOM CRUISE BLOWS UP A CAR. IT'S NOT REAL BUT IT'S FUN TOO WATCH. THEY ARE MOVIES. WE SHOULD NOT CRITIZE THE MOVES THAT ARE PREFORMED BUT THE ACTING IN THE MOVIE ITSELF.
Exactly!!!

Plus we're involved in the sport, so it's harder to impress us. But for the general public when they see sh*t like that they're like whooaaa
Old 06-03-2004, 05:43 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

So you're telling me that if I'm in a palm tree forest that I can't pull a highspeed endo... into a 180 by pushing off of a tree with my feet a moment before i hit it?

Well then I no longer want to stunt.

What a jip!

*walking out of thread*
Old 06-03-2004, 08:51 PM
M50M OG

Sonicjay is a decent person

Originally Posted by KungFu954
Tron was more believable.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:33 PM

Radguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
So you're telling me that if I'm in a palm tree forest that I can't pull a highspeed endo... into a 180 by pushing off of a tree with my feet a moment before i hit it?

Well then I no longer want to stunt.

What a jip!

*walking out of thread*
Are you saying it's not possible?
Anything is possible
Old 06-03-2004, 09:44 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw it too! I could flushed my money down the toilet and got more enjoyment from watching it swirl around in the bowl. Anybody see Jesse James in it? Thought that was funny,

I agree with the fact that we are in the sport and all but the train thing was over the top. It's like any action movie has some insane stupid **** that just doesn't make sense at all. How can you even concieve of 12'in your bike in between two cars, twisting it around knocking down a door and then riding through the car with people in it and then jumping out of the train. Maybe if spider man was doing it? The most realistic scene in the movie was when he passed the two cars in the begining but even that was doctored. My vote: TORQUE
Old 06-03-2004, 10:01 PM

Jimmy Bonez is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw an interview with the director and he said his whole goal in making the film was not to worry if it was "realistic" i.e. the train scene...but to make it into something that has never been done before. IMO he did an excelent job at making a sorry *** movie. It would have been great to see a video that show whats stuntin is all about...not jumping trains. Just my
Old 06-04-2004, 02:32 AM

clevisBacon is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA! I just saw this movie today.... WOW! when they do the STANDING still 'sword fighting' with the bikes.... wow, and the rocketbike goin like 200 THROUGH l.a. traffic.... its probly one of the funniest/retarded movies I've ever seen in my life, I couldnt stop laughing and just questioning WHY they made this movie, and why they made it SOOOO cheesy, lol.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:38 AM

clevisBacon is an unknown quantity at this point

What I mean by 'sword fighting' is.... they were both on their bikes (2 chicks) STANDING STILL.... then... they wheelie (while still, completely still) THEN! they like swing around and run into eachother with their side fairings (like sword fighintg) then they come back down and are in the SAME EXACT spot, then they drive away and such...... all in all, just go and watch it so you have somethin to laugh at.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:00 AM

outlawr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

but in Torque it l@@ks like they stole the title of the" booty bandit "all the tight leathers and all throw them some KY and that movie would have had a differant ending.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:03 AM

outlawr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody see Jesse James in it?

you see him in the autozone ads thank god hes not a stunta.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:10 AM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: WHY Hollywood why

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
So you're telling me that if I'm in a palm tree forest that I can't pull a highspeed endo... into a 180 by pushing off of a tree with my feet a moment before i hit it? Well then I no longer want to stunt. What a jip!
*walking out of thread*
Old 06-04-2004, 02:01 PM

I know a few of you guys are all like "it's just a movie" and I agree but the fact is they made no attempt at making this movie good. Like ok James Bond right,,,well you expect to see James bond do some crazy stuff because he's british and everyone knows british people are magic, right?
Seriously, there is a differance. Spiderman, X men, James bond, stuff lie that you expect to see unrealistic happenings becuase they are superheros or legends but to see a complete mockery or something that you love just gives me the red azz. Like I said before, Hollywood- they have made heros of almost every career out there and did them well, from the Millitary to Police (and we all know that cops don't deserve to look good, but they do) garbage men, crappy office guys, mail room workers, maids, butlers, ext. all came out great with the hollywood touch, then they dip thier greedy little hands into our world and do we get at least the decency of a kick azz film, hell no we get boned,,badly I might add. Even the same director who did Fast and Furious at least made that film look ok even though no one in the movie (including the plot made any sence, but he made it ok. however the same bastard even turned coat twice in his movies. In F&F vin sais "your gonna need more that crotch rocket and we know that was dumb, but then in torque he made a couple slams on his own movie,,I think that gives us a good idea that this directer dosn't give a damn on who he exploits.

Whew,,,,sorry I went off again (Dr. Evil Grin)
Old 06-04-2004, 02:11 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Ice Cube IS my hero. :YEAH

Quick Reply: WHY Hollywood why