what does everyone like so much in DMextreme.. way of life???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: what does everyone like so much in DMextreme.. way of life???

Originally Posted by thewibb
Just my , but what I like is the way CBO, T-Card, and the rest of the crew don't come off as arrogant, but that they are in this for the enjoyment of riding. CBO is always on here givin props and never talkin about how badass he is, although he is one helluva rider. They keep it real, and the vid just makes ya want to go out and ride and have a good time. Just me tho.

They are definatly not arrogant. They have let me ride with the, hang out with them, and taught me **** that when i first met them i couldn't even do a standup and cbo helped to give me pointers and this weekend i'm doing my first stunt show. Thier vid is pimp because its got some jackass ****, some hardcore riding, and it just looks like its fun when they are riding.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:30 PM

RedRebel is a decent person

I havent seen way of life...
CBO seems like a down to earth person though.
I will have to save the pocket change and get a copy....if i can find one.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:58 PM

Danimal is a decent person

Originally Posted by CBO
but all copywritten music and tons of street, u just might see me parking my bike on somebodys trunk or T card brushing his crash cage up against cars or apehangers through red lights stopping traffic. Just using the streets as if it were the track
CBO

That is sick right there :YEAH
Old 05-13-2004, 04:55 AM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
but all copywritten music and tons of street, u just might see me parking my bike on somebodys trunk or T card brushing his crash cage up against cars or apehangers through red lights stopping traffic. Just using the streets as if it were the track
CBO

Danimal= That is sick right there :YEAH

Trust me this is true!!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:59 AM

that1guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
Just being critical here, not trying to ruffle feathers, just my opinion.

First of all, never met CBO, dont know how he is in person, and ive watched the progression of his "online" persona here, and it looks to me like hes maturing in the game a lot. Im not taking away from their riding, some of their moves are sick as all hell, i cant do no 1145 highchair action, but im workin on it.

I really didnt enjoy this movie all that much. The first 15 min were entertaining, the rest was just repeating the first 15 min. Seems like its, standup, tank wheelie, highchair, sitdown no handers and burnouts. Just they get repeated over and over.

I also didnt like CBOs attitude at first, or at least the way he brought it accross. I didnt like the cockiness or the "our bikes are dirty yo" attitudes. But it seems he has changed the way he is percieved, at least to me. Overall it seems like hes a better person and more mature now than a year ago.

It just seems to me like this video gets a little too much credit, its the same tricks, less than par editting, and stolen songs.

Now dont take this as a personal attack, its just my opinion. I mean i was entertained a bit by the movie, and all my friends have borrowed it, so im still reppin for ya, but its just not as good as it could be.
I can say that I know Bo, no pun intended, and he does NOT give a ****.....and that is probably what I like about him most.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person
What made me take a strong interest in DM Extreme for a segment in "Black Sheep Squad

The biggest reason that I wanted to shoot them for a segment in 'URBAN STREET-BIKE WARRIORS #2 BLACK SHEEP SQUADRON" (Which came out great) Is thier real street attitude when it came to themselves and the sport as a whole. At that point they were not angry, bitter or jaded like alot of other people in the sport at that moment. Many people feel that thier segment is the, if not one of the best segments in the film and it only runs about Three minites. It's a strong Three minites where CBO and the crew really come off. CBO is a great rider and his boys T-card and Drew hold it down as well. All in all I think people love thier attitude when it come to the sport which is very entusiastic which comes as a great contrast to many of the other crews/riders these days who are angry,bitter and jaded.

www.stonefilmsnyc.com
Old 05-15-2004, 12:08 AM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: what does everyone like so much in DMextreme.. way of life???

Originally Posted by RedRebel
I havent seen way of life...
I will have to get a copy....if i can find one.
REVRENDJACK may still have a few left..!
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/108-sale-wanted-other/72128-dmextreme-dvds-new.html
Old 05-17-2004, 08:10 AM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: what does everyone like so much in DMextreme.. way of life???

Originally Posted by nags
With so many stunting videos out these days and so many great riders, it's got to the point where a video has nothing to do with the riding. I don't care how good you are, there are 100 people just as good or better. So watching a video of someone throw down there best **** over and over for 45 minutes might be impressive but thats just not gonna cut it these days. What makes there video so good is not the riding. It's not the editing. It's not even the music. It's the fact that they always look like they're having a blast and doing it because they enjoy doing it. When you go out and ride it should be to have fun, not for any other reason. I think the reason so many people love Way of Life is just because when you watch it.. You're watching something you want to be doing. Thats what makes it a good video.
-nags
True Dat