Is it just me or does eveybody else hate this shit to????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Swurve is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it just me or does eveybody else hate this **** to????

There are alot of dope video and DVD's coming out but I swear on each one there are always these fu(kin annoying video tricks that give me a gawd damn headache...I'm trying to watch a guy do a stunt and the camera is doing some retarded color thing or it skips everyother frame. I'm sure the editors think its real cool **** but frankly is annoying...If i'm the only one that feels this way I'll shut the fu(k up, but if you guys think it ruins videos please speak up so its not such a chore watching a video that I pay $15 for. Example: the first quarter of "110%" those camera tricks made the fu(ker unwatchable, I had to fastforward the thing just to watch it.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:24 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
and I "dislike" watching burnouts without sound
Old 11-13-2003, 07:56 PM
dwe

dwe is an unknown quantity at this point
BUMP!!!! FOr sure.
I think effects are needed to an extent.
watching 2 hrs of nothing but straight stunts with no editing can suck too.
But I agree, there seems to be too much going on now.

As far as burnouts go, I say cut em all together
Old 11-13-2003, 08:35 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
trust me it wasnt intentional in 110%....

we wanted to have footage from each event in the movie, the only footage we had from Summit and portland was Hi 8

simply trying to do slo mo with the hi 8 footage made it chop up like that....funny thing was that it didnt seem to do it on the computer while it was being edited

so it was not intentional, it was a newbie mistake on my part, but hey we all gotta learn somehow

thanks for the video purchase though, I hope the rest was enjoyable and informative
Old 11-13-2003, 11:29 PM

GYNXxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yeah .. I'm with Sclevela ... I know EXACTLY what he is talking about.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:47 PM

PUCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Sclevela, i have some feedback for you- your Biketoberfest Video was very good, but the Reality Racing Video you put together......

KICKED FUKIN A$$!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work man....there will always be a few people who don't like the vids, but the number who like them easily out way those people.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:31 AM

prize fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
I see what your saying but look at it this way. I'm producing something with the ratio of stunters to non stunters that will purchase at a 50/50 and thats a generous figure for stunters. Why would I want to have a bunch of slow "boring" clips that will lose my audience? I can use the slow/long clips if I keep them distracted by flashing lights. And no I don't use tardie flashing lights but you get the idea. Now when you see our video you will knock it for the v-envelops but I can tell you that all the non stunters out there are looking for a more broad audience mtv style edit.

But your point is valid and I agree, I've seen the same ****in wheelie shot the same way with poor lighting on a shitty camera without "proper" color correction and barn ****in doors so many times I would rather stab myself in the eye than put something like that out. This market if flooded with mediocre product. If your going to be upset with poor editing, poor camera work, and poor videos you need to take into consideration that 90% of the people making these vids are Joe average playing with a digi8. Just because we spent well over 10K on camera equipment to have quality images doesn't mean we will make that money up. Until people pass on poor quality the people trying to do something about it will lose money, or as I call it interest. Its all irrelevant, there is really no money in it for the little fish like apex. We have yet to make a dime and I'm not sure we will ever break even if we take into consideration all of our expenses. And the truth of the matter is we did it for fun. I have a video background as does adam and doing this was a hobby. In the end if you want good quality video, editing, and production ask the major sponsors. Because they are the ones that will eventually be responsible for enabling people like myself who are willing to travel and setup the proper choreography to shoot major players in the stunt world. Then again.... we dont have major sponsors. Until then barn doors, lighting bolts, and other such plug-in bs is what we will receive.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jimmyjammer is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a hold of some of the first stunt vid's that hit the scene and I will say that out of the 7 or 8 I got the best one I thought was the D Aces video.

Kid's sick on a Suzuki Tl.

KB
Old 11-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that since this sport is still relatively new, it's going to take some playing around to get to the right video effects. Don't get me wrong some videos have WAY too much effects in them like the guy was saying, "What else can I add to this video to distract people from the fact I can't stunt". But for the most part I personally think some effects are cool, they tend to make the film look more "big budget". They crap effects can go though
Old 11-14-2003, 03:54 PM

Nefarious can only hope to improve
Everybody has to start somewhere... how bout with the basics? If you cant edit a good piece based on pace and energy alone, with just crossdissolve and straight cuts, you have no buisness trying to be the next mtv sfx guy ( right from the gates ).... then there is the whole prebuilt f/x stuff... gaaaaaarbage. your only hurting the video. "hey look at that kick as trick...who is that" "dont know he looks like a fak'n rainbow of gayness"
Old 11-14-2003, 03:56 PM

prize fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
nef eats babbies...... whats the deal with your sched IM me when ya know..
Old 11-14-2003, 04:04 PM

ill call you dont have aim and currently im stuck in the middle of no where new mexico

ps if i havent said it enough... fx built into premiere/vegas/avid for the most part suck, should be used sparingly and creatively.

Its all about compositing
Old 11-14-2003, 04:13 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
true that ,i just started using vegas and i hate 99% of the effects or i just havnt found how to use them THE RIGHT WAY.
lata,
mike
Old 12-23-2003, 10:28 PM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve
I think another good thing is the sound of the bikes, not some hard core g-gangsta rap **** like fills a lot of the vids nowadays.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Regular StuntLifer

lsr740seditz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Nefarious
Everybody has to start somewhere... how bout with the basics? If you cant edit a good piece based on pace and energy alone, with just crossdissolve and straight cuts, you have no buisness trying to be the next mtv sfx guy ( right from the gates ).... then there is the whole prebuilt f/x stuff... gaaaaaarbage. your only hurting the video. "hey look at that kick as trick...who is that" "dont know he looks like a fak'n rainbow of gayness"

my thought exactly stick to straight vid with limited effects and be creative.

geroge lucas didnt jump right in and do star wars did he ????

keep it simple till you get some time doing it get more creative as you progress with your knowledge of film production
Old 12-26-2003, 10:12 AM

punisherzx12r is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree, too many effects can ruin the video, but you got to have more then just clip after clip.
and thomas is right, some effects look tight in the editing program, then when you convert the **** to mpeg and it is played on the TV, they get a little ****ed up.
edit, preview, burn, watch on TV, edit some more and repeat, its a long and painfull process
Old 12-26-2003, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by punisherzx12r
i agree, too many effects can ruin the video, but you got to have more then just clip after clip.
and thomas is right, some effects look tight in the editing program, then when you convert the **** to mpeg and it is played on the TV, they get a little ****ed up.
edit, preview, burn, watch on TV, edit some more and repeat, its a long and painfull process
thats why you shouldnt be editing soley on a computer screen and that goes back to knowing and applying the basics.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or does eveybody else hate this shit to????