50yo & still making wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Stunt 4 life......

StUnT DaBbA is a decent person
50yo & still making wheelies

K, here goes. I just turned 50 and was wondering back when I was 20 something (been riding since 8. like right when dirt was created) if I would still be making wheelies at 50yo and I'm happy to say that I never stopped and am still here to talk about it! (I have crashed) I've held off on this for a long time as it's not a killer HD video like most of you guys and for the most part it's what you call squid wheelies, clutch up pow pows and for most of you you will probably feel like you wasted 4 minutes of your life. (You've been warned so I DO NOT want to hear someone say that! )

Most won't make it past 40 seconds. That's ok, just remember I am no way your typical 50yo but yes, I AM 50 and still every wheelie I do (average 4 street/highway wheelies a day. I am VERY lucky cop-wise) is a wicked adrenaline rush. Most of those lot wheelies are at 6am when I get to work. When I get off of my bike after starting most days like that I still get rubber legs. Best feeling ever and I know you know what I mean, that's why you do this too and hopefully you'll still be rockin' when your 50+ too!

Feel kind of invisible here sometimes and rightfully so I guess because of my age so I said tonight **** it, I'm putting up my video. I unfortunately ride alone and the video is with random people recording me. Not many stunters around here. I AM trying to slow them down and within the next 2 weeks I'm installing my dirt bars, hand brake, ss lines, DCP Radiator Cage and extended clutch cable from OneWheelNeal and all fairings come off so a little constructive critisism would really help me finally comit to this this fall. Getting too cold to ride the streets around here anyway.

Hopefully my next vid will be slow **** where I can't get hurt so bad if something does go wrong. Then again, there's been a lot of pain here on SL lately....... doing slow ****!

If nothing else this vid will be a good tribute to myself when my time does come! Maybe I better change the song huh?

Enjoy of it what you can handle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqvB-WRArg
Oh yeah, I always write too much.

Last edited by StUnT DaBbA; 09-26-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: DCP
Old 09-26-2009, 10:18 PM

JScho is a decent person
Re: 50yo & still making wheelies

nice job

good bubble effects haha!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:24 PM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

good for you but try to slow it down. especially in a parking lot with cars in it. at 50 you wont bounce back as quickly. keep it up
Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by JScho
nice job

good bubble effects haha!
My next movie is going to have bubbles all of the way through!

I used this video making program that must have come with my computer. Kinda cheesy but lots of neat stuff too.

Thx man!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by joey1
good for you but try to slow it down. especially in a parking lot with cars in it. at 50 you wont bounce back as quickly. keep it up
Thx dude!
Why you got all the red blox man?
I'm trying to slow it down Joey! I used to rock an 04 R1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-pA7BnJWIM

Last edited by StUnT DaBbA; 09-26-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

red blocks cause im special keep posting on your progress.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by joey1
red blocks cause im special keep posting on your progress.
Good OR bad "special" is allll good!

thanks again for the encouragement and I will post up.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Good work. Don't put weird graphics in your videos and I would hold off on a HB until you are slowing them down.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Thx Niner.

Since I'm putting all new lines and dirt bars on and I already have a hb I'm going to go ahead and put it on. If nothing else just to get used to having it there. Don't think it could hurt to have it right? Not going to count on it yet but I do have brake control. Doesn't really show in my video but that is how I've gotten away with 30 years of fast wheelies and only went over twice. Once hitting sand and another time trying to out do my twin brother with his buddies around. Wicked road rash and a broken arm.

The only video of my foot brake skills. I know, it's a quad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LmPLEST3xY
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 AM

sik954rr is a decent person

wow...
Old 09-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by sik954rr
wow...
I'll take that as a WOW!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 AM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

yea deff need to slow it down a little and hit yr bp but **** 50yrs old doin wheelies yr cool in my book so i would hang :> keep it up
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by trz
yea deff need to slow it down a little and hit yr bp but **** 50yrs old doin wheelies yr cool in my book so i would hang :> keep it up
Cool man........ er um.......... son!
I'll meet you at the spot Tuesday night after my 3 day drive to get there my new buddy trz!

No frost there yet right? Hahaha. Yeah, had our 1st frost here already.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:06 PM

johnnyrocket is a decent person

^ hardcore at 50 damn i give u props get some good gear!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
^ hardcore at 50 damn i give u props get some good gear!!!
Yeah man, I've got all the gear but mostly only use it for the street killer and the quad 1/2 the time. Never even had a close one on a quad, way too easy........ and slow. Never ever ride without my lid on the stunt bike though. I grew up on motocross and know better.

I've always done everthing a little over the top so hardcore works for me.......... and my girl!

Cheers man!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Seein' as I've not gotten a beat down yet here's more of what keeps me........... young! With my helmet on I could almost be one of you guys (age-wise that is). In fact during bike week this summer a car load of little hotties pulled up got me to do a wheelie then showed me there boobies!!! LOL, if they only knew. Hahahaha

Most of my family, friends and co-workers have no clue why I'm so into wheelies so it's cool to finally show my real passion after my kids to people who know what that feeling is.

QUAD VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D107QjSs4E

R1 VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB4Pug3iXz0

K, promise I'm done with ME now!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:37 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

keep it up grampa ..lol

us old guys will take over the world if we dont die first
Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 PM
O.T.L.

ANTI-SOCIAL is a decent person

New thread title : 50 yr old & still chasing wheelies .

No offense but if you keep riding the way you are (and don't learn brake control) your gonna eat it hard . But it's cool to see some old farts still riding . lol
Old 09-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

good stuff .
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by ANTI-SOCIAL
New thread title : 50 yr old & still chasing wheelies .

No offense but if you keep riding the way you are (and don't learn brake control) your gonna eat it hard . But it's cool to see some old farts still riding . lol
Actually, I've been riding like that for oh about......... 30 years!

Yeah man, I am trying to slow it down and yes I do have brake control and like I said earlier it's why I've been able to get away with that for so long. Even before slow **** there was brake control you know. We just didn't know to slow it down back then.

Next vid will be real stuntin'!

Quick Reply: 50yo & still making wheelies