Msg?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 02:58 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person
Msg?

Have any Marines out there have stood MSG duty? Or know anyone who had done a tour? My school starts this coming Jan 5th. If anyone has, gimme the heads up on what I'm looking at for the next 3 years. I'll post picutres when I get to Uzbekistan, I promise. -ERIK
Old 10-16-2003, 07:39 PM

Just out of curiosity, how'd you hook up with the Marines in Egypt? Pretty cool.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:33 PM

covertwar is a decent person
When I was living in Ghana we were invited to the Embassy and Ambassadors Residence a couple of times and on the 4th of July they had activities and I talked to the Marines there and they were like those British Sentries that are unlike human that's what made me choose the Corps initially. They were kinda too into their job though. I guess the good part is they get to travel places and be where like no other Americans are and also get diplomatic immunity.

I know I met some guy who happened to live down the street from us in Pittsburgh, even worked for our family business before and as far as a coincidence that he went through marine basic with my bitch *** brother who didn't make it. I mean this guy was ghetto as hell, went to high school with my bro and talked with a ghetto slur like hes never been out of a slum in his life and I run into his *** in Ghana in Marine Dress Blues as a damn guard, looking official as hell. That's when I said **** it, if he can be a Marine I can. Well it was like that until last year when I realised the AF could materialise my goals better.

I mean these guys were like E-3's and had drivers and lived 2 up in a courthouse with a houseboy. Their hours were flexible like hell. Half the time they got the day off. They took turns looking through a one way glass mirror where the thousands of visa applicants entered the embassy. My boy that I went to school with over there's dad was a big guy at the embassy so we got a tour and met the Ambassador (b4 9/11).

Definately a job I would enjoy brother... semper fi
Old 10-17-2003, 04:34 AM

I can't wait to go, it's eating me up. I've go an interview with my Commanding Officer week after next and then I fly home for 45 days leave come Nov. 20th. Jan. 5th through Feb 20th is my class, and then straight off to some crappy country (the only given). I'll put in for Columbia or Chille cuz the women are hot as hell, but my main goal while I"m there is to save, save, and save. Hopefully by the time I"m done, I"ll come come home with a wife (Russian, or Chech) and have enough to buy a brand new ford lightning. We'll see what happens. I"ll keep posting when I get there, from school on. Peace, ERIK
Old 10-18-2003, 08:31 AM

Theres just something about that russian accent i can't get out of my mind; irresitable. I wouldn't mind doing a stint in Scotland, I've been dying to take bagpipe lessons for years now. Plus I'd fit in with my kilt.

Here's my familty's tartan.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wr172r.gif
Views:	84
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	39983  
Old 10-19-2003, 05:09 AM

Wow, half Egyptian, half Scotish, she must be beautiful, got any pictures?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:42 PM

weedracer is a decent person
.. get yourself a mideastern/mediteranean wife... We are the best women in the world. [/B][/QUOTE]

Old 10-23-2003, 09:39 AM

DinoZ-RR is an unknown quantity at this point
MSG duty is good to go. I got to spend some time with the MSG guys in Nairobi Kenya. We had a blast, and their compound was amazing. Like mentioned above, they had maids and butlers, they had drivers, and they had huge rooms. It was like being a millionaire, but having to pull guard duty every few days. Being a SSgt at the time, it made me proud to see that the majority of them were LCpl's and still had their ish wired tight.
(Unfortunately, I lost a few of my new friends in the Embassy bombing a few weeks after I left there.) They are a tight knit group of guys, and know their stuff. You'll have a great time, and make some lasting friendships. Good luck, and Semper Fi!!

Ooh Rah
Old 10-29-2003, 08:35 AM

Division1 Splat is an unknown quantity at this point
msg is the shizzle
Old 03-10-2004, 10:17 PM

Re: Msg?

What everyone said months ago is true, this program is PIMP as sh=t! Full time cook, maid, whole team of drivers, a pair of suburbans, big screen tvs, you name it we've got it. Plus thier building us a new embassy as we speak, with the Marine house on compound (should open this time next year). I would highly suggest this program to any Marine out there, it's 30 months, guarantees a promotion or two and is a sure way to pick up staff. School was hard, well, not so much hard, they just throw alot at you in a short amount of time. School was 45 days and every day was about 15 to 18 all said and done. We were there for a week after graduation awaiting orders and all I did was sleep all night all day for a whole week, my body and mind needed it bad. PM me if interested, I have the whole course curriculum on CD, for those who want a head start. I really can't say enough good about this program, granted i've only been here for a couple weeks but it is soooo pimp. PEACE, ERIK