Thinking about joining

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:18 AM

N2BIKES is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Thinking about joining

Well I am thinking about joining the AF or the Coast Guard. Any opinions on them? I wanna do something along the lines of law enforcment/ security. I looked into the army and marines but just felt that thats a little to much for me. Idk maybe i should go back and look again. Well thnx in advance

rob
Old 09-19-2003, 07:57 AM

Chilidogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Think hard about coming into the military for that job. I have friends who are cops in the AF and they hate it. you are on the bottom end of the totem pole. They love the AF just hate the job.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:06 AM

KmkTL1000R is an unknown quantity at this point
Think hard abou it

I'm not knocking going into the military but I will say to make sure it whats you want to do. I joined the Army Reserve in feb of last year. I lost that summer of riding to basic training and AIT (training you do after basic for you MOS). Then to make matters worse I missed this years to being deployed in the Middle East. So to warn you, it takes a lot of time off of your hands. I'm not all complaints though. Being out here I have paid off my TLR completely. Its only got 4 thousands miles on it too! And none of its hard only consuming
Old 09-20-2003, 04:38 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point
well the coast guard is department of transportation belive it or not but during time of war they can be considered dept. of defense but they have all the same benefits as the military and such, its weird, but i like being in the marine corps, its by no means easy but i like it none the less, and its good knowing your the best
Old 09-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, ever think Navy? I just joined up, in the Delayed Entry Program, but I get all sorts of benefits and college for nothing, so look into it!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Brandon96311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good call on AF, look into a different job. If the marines look like too much for you, you will pretty much be doing the same thing in security forces. You join the AF work on planes. It is fun as hell, and good hours. Also try to find a job that will benefit you if you decide to get out after four years. Avionics, electrition, they are very high paying jobs on the outside and you get good training the the AF. Many schools are accredited!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:34 AM

BigPimpinDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
any SP job you will be put on a gate, ECP, or flight line. find something you like to do and find a service that offers that type job. then if you dont want to stay in after 4 years, you can use that training and get work on the out side.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:31 PM

speedyredR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're going to join the military join the reserves (wish I did). I'm working with reservist now and they are banking money. Some are double dipping (getting paid civilian job and military), seperation pay (the ones that live 30mins away from the base), everything and anything they want is issued to them, they get away with a lot of ****-ups because they say their reservist, and also i think they are getting paid for gas and food.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:57 PM

covertwar is a decent person
well the coast guard is department of transportation belive it or not but during time of war they can be considered dept. of defense but they have all the same benefits as the military and such, its weird, but i like being in the marine corps, its by no means easy but i like it none the less, and its good knowing your the best
Not anymore. Department of Homeland Security.

In time of war, by act of congress they will fall under the Dept. of the Navy
Old 09-29-2003, 12:52 AM

apchasse is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in the Air guard and love it. Like a couple people said before...not trying to discurage you or anything, but the Security Forces at my base all hate it. They have the worst hours, and like chilidog said, they are on the bottom of the totem pole..The security forces are usually the first to get deployed too. I work on planes and love it.....its all what you want though..
Old 09-30-2003, 12:24 AM

I've looked more into it and what i really want is intellegence or to become a load master so i could travel alot.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Load master is those guy's get to see alot of the world. If that is what you want to do great choice. Let us know what you decide.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:54 PM

mustang954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Join the Marine Corps reserve. Just don't join my unit cause i'll kick your *** for thinking about the Air Force
Old 10-11-2003, 11:30 AM

Whats with the raggin' on the AF? I know you guys who arent in it view it as a easy plush life and im not saying it isnt. But please correct me if im wrong that in the AF you are paid to think as far as the job concerns, us your brain over power. But in the Army and Marine's its just the opposite. Do what u have to and dont think about it. I thought this was the way it was but if its not then please correct me.

rob
Old 10-11-2003, 08:47 PM

the air force is the **** their heads ain't stuck up thier buttholes
Old 10-12-2003, 08:09 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person
Originally posted by N2BIKES
Whats with the raggin' on the AF? I know you guys who arent in it view it as a easy plush life and im not saying it isnt. But please correct me if im wrong that in the AF you are paid to think as far as the job concerns, us your brain over power. But in the Army and Marine's its just the opposite. Do what u have to and dont think about it. I thought this was the way it was but if its not then please correct me.

rob
"Do what u have to and don’t think about it" Yeah, that's how we conquered in the Pacific Theatre in WWII, by not thinking about it, you moron. I'm going to assume you’re making an ignorant, irrational generalization about the Marine Corps, I'm sure, without ever even speaking to one of us. You know what I do all day? I repair electronics on million dollar radios. 12 long months of school on theory, application, and troubleshooting, with hundreds upon hundreds of pages of detailed schematics. This is what I do day in and day out, and it never gets any easier, because rarely do you see the same problem twice.

Every branch of the military has its MOS's that any comatose knucklehead can excel in, but at the same time, every branch has it's technically demanding jobs that only the highest scores on the ASVAB can attain.

I can't stand when someone from one branch bash's on another, when they just don't know. Aren't we all working towards the same goal here? Isn't being a SEAL tougher than what I do? Isn't doing what I do tougher than working the mess hall in the army? Who cares, we're all doing our part.

……… paid to think, ha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	twat.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	38362  
Old 10-13-2003, 04:47 AM
Regular StuntLifer

What he said. We are all doing our part. That is life. Some people are needed for brains and some for brawn. It is a balance.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:41 PM

also joining the af here, shooting for pararescue "that others may live"
Old 10-16-2003, 04:16 AM
Regular StuntLifer

FlatAir2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been in the Air Force for almost 7 years now....There is no other branch as nice as it. But DO NOT come in Law Enforcement..........You will hate it. 90% of them do, but there are 10% that dont. If you want to come in come in as a flyer. A Loadmaster or a Flight Engineer. Something of that sort and when you do you can buy me a beer for the "good" advice. Because thats what us aircrew do, drink that is. And of course ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! buts thats a given!!!!!!!!!!!11

Quick Reply: Thinking about joining