A.W.O.L questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 05:23 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough
A.W.O.L questions

im serious! lol. what are the penalties for going awol? and are there any rewards for turning in someone that is awol? you hear alot about this **** lately and i was just curious.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Re: A.W.O.L questions

AWOL? this aint the nam man... it's UA now bro.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:40 PM
rock stock

ok. well what are the penalties for U.A then? lol
Old 12-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
AWOL? this aint the nam man... it's UA now bro.
I think they have to be UA for 30days before you can be considered AWOL.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point

It's now Unauthorized Absence. Being UA over 30 days, you are considered a deserter, and under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, it is punishable by death, during war time (i.e. right now)
Old 12-10-2004, 04:42 PM
rock stock

wow!!! death? that is some hairy ****
Old 12-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xXxNO LOVExXx
wow!!! death? that is some hairy ****
If you turn them in I dont tink they would appreciate it...
Old 12-11-2004, 03:55 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by Frogger
It's now Unauthorized Absence. Being UA over 30 days, you are considered a deserter, and under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, it is punishable by death, during war time (i.e. right now)
we're not at war though. we no longer declare war.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:37 PM

lisurfer84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angel Of Death
well i just got off of a deployment overseas for 6 months on the uss john c stennis aircraft carrier and well we had a saloir when we hit australlia didn't come back to the ship. he packed up all his crap from the boat and just never came back. well about a month he stayed there and the navy had some jags stay there to look for him they traced him when he used his credit card and they finally found him. so he was chared with deserter and he poped on his drug test for weed, x so he spend 30 days in the brig. and he is back on the boat now for about 30 days on restriction making no money and having to not leave the ship. now after those 30 days restriction he leaves the military with dishonerable discharge and no benifits and try finding a job when you have a dishonerable on your record can we say "would you like fries with that???". so i just say don't go awol do your job and hopefully everything will work out for you. so if you go awol come back before 30 days and take whatever punishment you get more then often you will get 30 -45 days restriction and then your alright again get your honerable and live the rest of your life without fear of getting caught for being awol .just my
Old 12-12-2004, 10:39 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by lisurfer84
well i just got off of a deployment overseas for 6 months on the uss john c stennis aircraft carrier and well we had a saloir when we hit australlia didn't come back to the ship. he packed up all his crap from the boat and just never came back. well about a month he stayed there and the navy had some jags stay there to look for him they traced him when he used his credit card and they finally found him. so he was chared with deserter and he poped on his drug test for weed, x so he spend 30 days in the brig. and he is back on the boat now for about 30 days on restriction making no money and having to not leave the ship. now after those 30 days restriction he leaves the military with dishonerable discharge and no benifits and try finding a job when you have a dishonerable on your record can we say "would you like fries with that???". so i just say don't go awol do your job and hopefully everything will work out for you. so if you go awol come back before 30 days and take whatever punishment you get more then often you will get 30 -45 days restriction and then your alright again get your honerable and live the rest of your life without fear of getting caught for being awol .just my

dont listen to him his wheelies are ga'abage.....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.......j/k ....what up man hows washington or where ever you went did you get your bike up there yet....
Old 12-13-2004, 02:12 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dyno is a decent person

right now it's no joke goin U.A...they wouldnt like that very much...And its not worth gettin DD'ed, it stays with you forever...
Old 12-13-2004, 01:22 PM

B-Slim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angel Of Death
it doesnt matter if the government has declared major combat operations over or not, cuz if your unit gets deployment orders and you leave, you are deserting......no excuses.
it is punishable by death, but we arent in king arthurs court either. no congressman is gonna let that sheet happen..
my step-brother deserted when his unit got orders, and we was gone like 4 months. he finally turned himself in, cuz he couldnt get work anywhere, and he was tired of being broke all the time.
he went back, they threw him in jail, then on restriction, then discharged him. he's still a piece of ca-ca, and proably deserves the death penalty...
Old 12-13-2004, 07:42 PM

lisurfer84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cody W.
dont listen to him his wheelies are ga'abage.....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.......j/k ....what up man hows washington or where ever you went did you get your bike up there yet....
well i am not in wasington yet i am still in san diego till jan 5th and i don't have my bike anymore it got stolen 2 days ago i am pretty upset about it but i am sure to pick up a stunt bike when i get up to wasington prob buy a old 900rr or 929
Old 12-14-2004, 12:27 AM
rock stock

im not going ua or awol. i was just wondering. lol. i would never desert my country!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:36 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by xXxNO LOVExXx
im not going ua or awol. i was just wondering. lol. i would never desert my country!
Do what you must dude, deserters (common sense not definition) are scumbags and deserve jail. You know what the right thing to do is. Call up the recruiters at the Westgage Mall and have a conversation.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:29 PM

El Dutcho is an unknown quantity at this point

when i got out i thought oh well i will join the reserves.......well it sucked
thought about not goin to the weekend warrior training well as it turns out missin drill is like going awol or ua whatever ya wanna call it... A pfc in my unit didnt show and got f@##$ they sent him to Ft Cambell where he did time and then instead of a discharge they sent him to kuwait.
he shoulda just filed for a hardship or fail 3 pt tests
Old 12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can also "miss a movement" which is just as bad as being U.A. i.e. if say your unit is leaving for a deployment at 0800 and you over sleep or just dont show up until say 1000 and they leave without you, and even if you still show up you can/most likely will be charged with missing the movement and be FRIIIIIIIIIIIIED!
Old 12-20-2004, 04:11 AM

Strider_J is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to be the XO of the US Army Deserter Information Point. Please if you know someone who has Deserted the Army give the USADIP a call at 502-626-3711, or 3712, or 3713. 24 Hours a day. You're help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Jet

Jet is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing happens to people who go AWOL. Every single person I know that has gone Awol has ended up caught and the only thing they get is a reduction in pay and some extra duty. Dude just got caught before XMas leave, he was AWOL for 8 months, they busted his rank down and put him on Extra duty and now he's gearing up and leaving with us to Iraq. He will still get out with an Honorable.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Getsome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jet
Nothing happens to people who go AWOL. Every single person I know that has gone Awol has ended up caught and the only thing they get is a reduction in pay and some extra duty. Dude just got caught before XMas leave, he was AWOL for 8 months, they busted his rank down and put him on Extra duty and now he's gearing up and leaving with us to Iraq. He will still get out with an Honorable.

I had multiple people in my unit go UA for over 30 days during my 9+ years active duty and saw all but 1 get a bad conduct discharge or worse(dishonorable) which puts a felony on your record and you are screwed for life mostly. No owning property, no voting, no owning guns.. Pretty much better off in jail...

Of course I was in the Corps and it's a different world there than any of the rest of the services.

Quick Reply: A.W.O.L questions