im startin out

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM

vtecguy is an unknown quantity at this point
im startin out

k... my names andy and ive been reading the forums here and other places for atlest a year. I always wanted a bike but my parents would flip there **** if i got one. but i just turned 18 and got a 01 F4I. I got it last night and so far the most i got it to was 75, but its the first bike i ever road so its gunna take time. I really think i got the ***** to stunt preety decent its just gunna take practice... so any pointers u guys wanna give me is gunna help sooo much, but either way imma get er done... so one more question and this is prolly the stupidest question ever been asked on this forum... what r the buttons for on the f4i?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:31 PM

Ace151Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: im startin out

The buttons are the same as pretty much every other motorcycle. Horn, turn signals, kill switch, start button. If your referring to the buttons on the gauges, I know one switchs the trip meter back to zero, and one switches it from MPH to KMH
Old 04-28-2006, 05:37 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

learn the bike before you try anything not to sound like an *** you gotta learn to control your bike before you even think about trying anything on it and im not talking about a week or so ride safe just chill. and dont rush it
Old 04-28-2006, 05:50 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Otown_Tony
learn the bike before you try anything not to sound like an *** you gotta learn to control your bike before you even think about trying anything on it and im not talking about a week or so ride safe just chill. and dont rush it
u ride in datyona?? i been here for like 3 months and dont really have many ppl to ride with, let me know if ur riding around here im always down for riding.

as for the question. just ride the bike and when u crash then come back and ask questions.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:58 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Definately take it slo. My first streetbike I got back in 02, I rode it around the neighborhood the first day, around stoplights in town the second day and was on the highway the 3rd day. Finally started practicing wheelies after 3mo of general riding on two wheels. Just take it easy at first and don't try anything out of your comfort zone until you feel you can handle the bike in any situation.

Learning what the buttons are is a start..
Old 04-28-2006, 08:12 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

+1exactly
Old 04-28-2006, 10:06 PM

Fallout Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

The best advice I can give you is to wear the proper safety gear. Helmet, leather jacket, gloves and pants. After that...

Take it very slow. It's very easy to push yourself beyond your limits, especially the first few months. Go to parking lots and practice tight slow turns, quick braking, quick swerving, etc. Think about learning to control the bike well and get comfortable with everything, that will help you out defensively if someone pulls out in front of you on the street. Don't even think about wheelies or stunting until you have at least a few months of general riding experience. Just my 2 cents. Congrats, best of luck and be safe.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:59 PM

schulte is an unknown quantity at this point

take a MSF course.. well worth it
Old 04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

just practice out of traffic ... even in a lot just riding around and getting comfortable like everyone else said ... find some experienced riders in your area to learn from ...
Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont get ****y.. be safe and take your time you got the rest of your life to ride unless you do some stupid sh*t
Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

learn wheelies on the freeway the higher the gear and speed the less twitchy the throttle will be. rush hour is always a good time to practice.

just kidding about that, best get a dirtbike or small street bike and play around on it, learn the fundamentals of riding and stunting before you pour a bunch of cash into a streetbike and destroy it in a few months.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:15 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

I did racing for 2 years before i even thought about stunting, if i was you i would get a cheap **** Dirt Bike like a TTR125 or a XR100 and stunt that after you can ride well, Dirt bikes are easy to stunt and if you drop it you wont have a cry because there hard to break and cheap to fix!!
At least wear a Helmet and a pair of gloves when stuntin AT LEAST!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:21 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
I did racing for 2 years before i even thought about stunting, if i was you i would get a cheap **** Dirt Bike like a TTR125 or a XR100 and stunt that after you can ride well, Dirt bikes are easy to stunt and if you drop it you wont have a cry because there hard to break and cheap to fix!!
At least wear a Helmet and a pair of gloves when stuntin AT LEAST!
and a cup!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:32 AM

vtecguy is an unknown quantity at this point

yea... i was talkin about the buttons by the gauges... im a begginer but i know where the horn and blinkers are... but thanks a lot guys i was riding all night tonight and i got the shifter and clutch down preety decent... im ok with hittin it while im in gear but im kinda nervous to down shift cause im scard im either gunna dip real hard or pop a wheelie goin to fast(which actually might not be that bad) but ill get that down tommorow, its suppost to rain here in milwaukee like all weekend so i might no be able to ride until monday ro tuesday but ill get it down i love riding but i got TONS practice to do... so ill let u know how it goes... i should be gettin a better job preety quick so ill probaly get either a dirt bike or a quad.. thanks alot and im sure imma get this down
Old 04-29-2006, 01:38 PM

TwoEleven is a decent person

I think you shouldn't try to stunt. (not yet anyway) It looks ez but believe it or not it takes some skill. More than likely you will wreck ur bike trying to stunt. This is ur 1st bike and it prolly mean alot to you and you might just start crying if wreck it trying wheelies. Just learn to ride it. Chances are you go down anyway within your 1st six months of riding. Be careful and have fun.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:28 PM

blacklincoln is an unknown quantity at this point

take it easy and dont make your parents fear come true...find some guys to ride with that have some sense and experience...
have fun and watch for 5-0

oh ya.. and dont say "get er done"...
Old 04-29-2006, 02:35 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

So nobody is going to tell him where the circle button is on the f4i?
Old 04-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
So nobody is going to tell him where the circle button is on the f4i?

right next to the blinker light master cyl.

BTW, don't ride with those fools who like to blaze threw some twistie roads at +100 mph.

that's good fun and all, but you can easily push yourself to far trying to keep up with them or just trying get lower in a corner.

find yourself some stunt riders in your area and ride with them, they'll teach you alot. and by stuntriders, i don't mean the +100mph powered up highway wheelie guys

pickup a 50, TTR125, or XR100 for cheap and learn on that first. i got myself a XR100, and aftera bout 30-45 minutes on an F4i they took the pic that's my avatar.

i learned on my XR100 first
Old 04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

So 100 mph wheelies doesn't make a stunt rider? Damn! What about 100 mph stoppies? Damn!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
So this doesn't make a stunt rider? Damn!

i'm just saying there are guys who claim to be "stunt riders" but they do 100mph highway wheelies with no concept of brake control or any form of wheelie control other than throttle control.

Quick Reply: im startin out