Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: What kind of cage do you have?
Freestyle Ingenuity
30.52%
905 Racing
19.72%
Powers Stuntworx
22.07%
other/homemade
15.96%
MXD
11.74%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

What type of cage do you rock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:39 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
What type of cage do you rock?

about to buy my first cage and trying to get an idea of whats the absolute most top notch cage on the market.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:01 PM

mikkee is a decent person
Re: What type of cage do you rock?

Originally Posted by -MXD-
if you still have that gsxr, just get a street/track cage from us. 150 and its better than any other cage on the market. www.mxdcages.com
Hi Jeff! Yeah I have had the MXD Street cage for a few months now on my gixxer. Best design for the gixxer. Had 905 which rolls up on the upper,clipons, and gastank. And once you bend and shift 905's cage it will mash into your case cover and crack it - I've done it on both sides. MXD - Pancake drops from 12 not a scratch on any of my plastics no broken pegs or clip-ons or tank dents... nothing. You can see a picture of the "track cage" at mxdcages.com

I haven't had any experience with the track cage on other models but if you have 00 - 06 gixxer this is the best design. Did I mention $150 where 905 and freestyle is $250????
Old 10-31-2005, 09:59 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

905,,but its tweaked from a 12 drop on the right so everytime it falls on that side it brakes a footpeg bracket, other than that its protected my motor/bike many times ,,just make sure youre feet are clear when you crash....
Old 11-01-2005, 08:20 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have MXD's on all my stunt bikes now.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:39 AM

Mr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the rough

I used to have a 905 cage with crushed my upper too many times. i switched to a sick cage and haven't had any problems. not to mention it won't bust up your shins as much as the 905.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I love my FI cage just fine.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

http://home.comcast.net/~jajajaja/12crash.wmv

MXD cage crash test :YEAH

I love how MXD catches the first impact on the bottom of the cage, and then the bike slowly rolls over.

Every time I've seen a bike with a 905 cage tossed from 12 it always rolls straight onto the handlebars. I had several wrecks like this and the handlebars I had on there from 6 months ago were still good.

http://sickinnovations.com/crash_video_1.wmv

Same type of wreck, RIGHT onto the handlebars. I'm not trying to disrespect anyones cages I just think MXD are the best on the market.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by FHL
http://home.comcast.net/~jajajaja/12crash.wmv

MXD cage crash test :YEAH

I love how MXD catches the first impact on the bottom of the cage, and then the bike slowly rolls over.

Every time I've seen a bike with a 905 cage tossed from 12 it always rolls straight onto the handlebars. I had several wrecks like this and the handlebars I had on there from 6 months ago were still good.

http://sickinnovations.com/crash_video_1.wmv

Same type of wreck, RIGHT onto the handlebars. I'm not trying to disrespect anyones cages I just think MXD are the best on the market.
It never broke a handlebar, case cover, or anything for that matter. So... Id say it did its job. Any cage will some what roll to the bars. Some worse than others. Watch this video of a orange 99 yzf600r with a sick cage on it. Its dropped repeatedly from 12 and never breaks anything. Same with the 900rr at the end.

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=W0io...K%20INNOVATIONS
Old 11-01-2005, 02:18 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
It never broke a handlebar, case cover, or anything for that matter. So... Id say it did its job. Any cage will some what roll to the bars. Some worse than others. Watch this video of a orange 99 yzf600r with a sick cage on it. Its dropped repeatedly from 12 and never breaks anything. Same with the 900rr at the end.

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=W0io...K%20INNOVATIONS
If nothing broke you got lucky that roll over is bad, a good cage design shouldnt roll over like that so easily.

MXD on my 636 and its pretty good so far, only complaint is the right side sticks out twice as much as the left side..........And that in my opinion lets it flex even more to the right when its dropped. I plan on shortening that side over the winter to equal the other side...........Then it should be invinsible.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

808stunna is an unknown quantity at this point

mine is home made but i think the 905 or mxd would be good, i've crashed mine a bunch of times but it never shifted or bent. heres an example of the beatign my cage took.

www.dgcrew.com/clips/circlepractice.wmv
Old 11-01-2005, 02:25 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Thats the wrost roll over prone cage Ive ever seen!
Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
If nothing broke you got lucky that roll over is bad, a good cage design shouldnt roll over like that so easily.

MXD on my 636 and its pretty good so far, only complaint is the right side sticks out twice as much as the left side..........And that in my opinion lets it flex even more to the right when its dropped. I plan on shortening that side over the winter to equal the other side...........Then it should be invinsible.
A good cage design holds up under big hits and prevents your engine and frame from being damaged. We try to prevent roll over, but like i said, ALL cages will have a little bit of roll over. I think i would be extremely happy if after a pancake from 12 all i had to change was at most a lever or handlebar. With extended sliders on the end of the cage should prevent almost all roll over. SOme designs you cannot prevent roll over due to low engine mounts.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Your cage still rolls immediately after the bike is dropped, so you can't say it's designed so that nothing will break. What happens when you practice circles and the bike highsides and rolls all the way over and destroys the upper fairing stay etc.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:54 PM
sickinnovations.com

Ive dropped my Srad 100 times last year practicing circles and i have the same upper on mine. Besides like i orginally said, I would rather break a lever or clip on instead of a frame or engine. Frame sliders would also help prevent roll over. Your entitled to your opinion bro.. This is my
Old 11-01-2005, 02:56 PM

i thought and engine cage protects the "ENGINE" i dont think i have ever heard of a bike cage, have you?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Mr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the roughMr.Gix is a jewel in the rough

Yeah i still ain't got circles real good so i drop my **** all the time and i haven't bent my stay at all yet.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:58 PM

wait, what are we debating about again?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 808stunna
i thought and engine cage protects the "ENGINE" i dont think i have ever heard of a bike cage, have you?
I guess he means a full roll cage all around it. Kinda like a bubble??? LOL Just bustin *****. I know what he means b/c my 905 has done that, but my sick cage is much better than that.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
With extended sliders on the end of the cage should prevent almost all roll over. SOme designs you cannot prevent roll over due to low engine mounts.
This is true what you are saying there is nothing you can do about the low engine mounts like on an f4i. But considering the thread starter has a gixxer. The MXD track cage is the best design and price. :YEAH
Old 11-01-2005, 03:31 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -MXD-
i will say 2 things. on gsxrs, if the top bar is straight, you WILL bang your shins. theres no doubt in my mind. your shins hit the plastics on gsxrs, and if you put a bar that sticks out past that, youre asking to hit your shins. secondly,

i will put up ANY amount of money, that on gsxrs, our street cages will out perform ANY stunt cage on the market. i wouldnt do it on all our street cages, but on gsxrs, our design is flawless. plus its only $150, theres nothing on the market cheaper than that. they come with plastic sliders so the cage wont dig into the ground.

all our cages are TIG welded, also the only company that i have seen to do that. havent seen sick or NW, so i dont know about them, but the other big 3 companies out there, they all MIG & grind down the welds.

i would be willing to sell a gsxr street cage, and if it didnt perform to your expectations, i will send you a stunt cage for free.*

* your expectations need to be reasonable. its not an force field, im working on that though, it will be out sometime next year.
OH IT'S ON LIKE A HOMO ON A POORLY DRESSED DUDE,LOL yeah the other 3 do mig and grind ,and what is the number one reason for grinding welds kids? CRAPPY BEADS! i do still mig only becuase it's not cost efective at this point for me to tig at this point but soon i hope,but i feel that the welds should be seen i think there purty when done right ,i'm not bragging but i have been known to stack a nickle or two, when i started my welds we're horrid i still have the first cage hanging on the wall ,man the welds are huge and nasty but it was tuff as hell ,anyway the welder i learned from told me if you have to grind yer welds your not goin to make it , now if the customer askes for a grinded filled look thats a diferent story . but anyway jeff one of these days in the future we'll have to get together an dhave a cage off,lol maybe next time i come to cali for a comp or somthing, i'll throw up my f4i ''caged against one of yer gixxie wixxie cagie wagie's and i'll bring the tissue's

Quick Reply: What type of cage do you rock?